Official: Davide Calabria Thread

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he played great yesterday.. He made a lot of mistakes however he literally and totally owned Immobile. Defensively he was really really good overall. Offensively he's usually better than how he did last night but overall it was a good performance I thought. I really think he already is better than De Sciglio and Abate and we need to play him more for him to get used to Serie A.

Clearly he's still inexperienced and and will continue to make plenty of mistakes, but he will grow in due time. What I admire the most about him is the amount of heart he pours into every performance. I also admire that he's a fullback that is actually a footballer unlike the two clowns (no you dumbass, not Antonelli) we've had for the last 3 years. He knows how to position himself, how to tackle, how to run with the ball, how to dribble and how to cross. He's only 18 and I think he's going to be a part of the next era. He's already shown more potential than De Sciglio has shown in 3 years.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
He's a different player everytime he plays

I really liked him yesterday

definitely should start over Abate

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He looks much more comfortable playing as a right back rather than on the left side.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Unimpressed. FODlabria will always be a skid mark in DES' Red & Black jockstrap.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
When is he going to be fit to play again?

I loved his early performances this year, definitely better than Abate right now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
injured.
we ll be back next year

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Was really bad in 1st half, but what he's shown in his last 10-15 minutes is more than DES ever did in the last few years in terms of attacking potential. Too bad he got injured, just as he was getting some confidence and had a really good shot.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was really bad in 1st half, but what he's shown in his last 10-15 minutes is more than DES ever did in the last few years in terms of attacking potential. Too bad he got injured, just as he was getting some confidence and had a really good shot.

But he gave Torino players many chances to score a goal from his side (even in the second half).

We got lucky that Romagnoli blocked a clear goal chance that came from Calabria giving too much room in the penalty box.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
But he gave Torino players many chances to score a goal from his side (even in the second half).

We got lucky that Romagnoli blocked a clear goal chance that came from Calabria giving too much room in the penalty box.

I did mention only his last 10-15 min and only his attacking potential. Defensively, he was very much shit. Hope he can improve on that. We really need fullbacks that can be dangerous when attacking.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That was probably the only thing Roma did right all game.

Calabria needs time, especially deploying him on the left. Maybe risking Vangioni there would have been a better move.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I did mention only his last 10-15 min and only his attacking potential. Defensively, he was very much shit. Hope he can improve on that. We really need fullbacks that can be dangerous when attacking.

Believe me Ronin, he's not going to improve in the defense department. He's the De Jong of fullbacks.

And the thing that annoys me is that it's simple mistakes he shouldn't be making. If you see a Torino player making a run; mark him. Don't just stand in the middle of the penalty box like an idiot :fp:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That was probably the only thing Roma did right all game.

Calabria needs time, especially deploying him on the left. Maybe risking Vangioni there would have been a better move.

I'm down for playing Vangioni there when De Sciglio is out. :thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

+1

Also had a nice cross off his left foot which almost resulted in a goal :thumbsup:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Ely and calabria are just not milan quality. They should be sold.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Definitely not a left back. Has looked decent at rightback especially going forward, but has trouble defending there, far less on the wrong side as a left back. Goes to show how difficult a task it is to play both fullback positions as De Sciglio can.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Kid was lost.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was good considering the long injury, though task for him.
He is really good at reading the game and had some ideas tonight. There is still room for improvement in defending technique and he needs more experience in defensive situations.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
this guy is very raw, and has not improved since he joined the first team 1.5 years ago.

C2kJP3KWIAYQTb_.jpg

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Definitely not a left back. Has looked decent at rightback especially going forward, but has trouble defending there, far less on the wrong side as a left back. Goes to show how difficult a task it is to play both fullback positions as De Sciglio can.

:thumbsup:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
this guy is very raw, and has not improved since he joined the first team 1.5 years ago.

C2kJP3KWIAYQTb_.jpg

Agreed. For me he's basically the FB equivalent of your beloved Niang (minus the great physique). I'm all for promoting youth players as long as they're of a high standard. Calabria's level is below DES, Abate, Antonelli and probably even Vangioni so there's no need for him. I don't see him improving much in the future either.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Zanellato is the Calabria of midfielders. I hope he doesn't get promoted.

Schedule