Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
His first year,after that you can see mou had the advantage everytime they played barca

And this isn't Ancelotti's first year? Exactly. Frankly I don't give much shit but Ancelotti was quite a part of Milan and I want him to do well. Cut him some slack (though he really should've brought Bale in as sub not as starter..guy sucks balls)

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Was the agg 4-0? No. We had our chances as well (Niang remember?).

Same with this talk about Bayern steam-rolling everyone. Most teams struggle at opponents turf (as in grabbing 3 p) and I don't think Bayern is an exception despite having immensive quality indivdually and as team.

Teams will always have chances...doesnt matter if you cant convert them

Bayern steamrolled Barca both home and away.They played them off the park

We beat them once. That doesnt necessarily equate to us 'handling' them

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Ozil for Bale will go down as one of the worst swaps in history at this rate

Will be amongst other great Madrid achievements such as selling Makalele, buying Kaka etc etc etc

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teams will always have chances...doesnt matter if you cant convert them

Bayern steamrolled Barca both home and away.They played them off the park

We beat them once. That doesnt necessarily equate to us 'handling' them

I never said 'handling' etc etc but when someone points out "huur durr we got trashed 4-0" then that is not looking at the whole context. We might have been screwed right there and then, but we played defensively perfect at our own turf and it paid very well.

Opponents SHOULD always struggle when playing away. Though I have to give creds to that 7-0 victory.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I never said 'handling' etc etc but when someone points out "huur durr we got trashed 4-0" then that is not looking at the whole context. We might have been screwed right there and then, but we played defensively perfect at our own turf and it paid very well.

Opponents SHOULD always struggle when playing away. Though I have to give creds to that 7-0 victory.

I think anyone would consider a 4-0 scoreline a trashing tbh

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think anyone would consider a 4-0 scoreline a trashing tbh

I replied some other guy, you replied my reply. Somewhere the communication got lost.

4-0 is a trashing. Even 3-0 is for any scorecard. But the agg stood 4-2. And we had our chances as well AWAY (Niang score-->would mean Barca needed 2 more) etc etc.

Point is, when it's two-legged you have to look at the context more than the single game. Or that's how I would prioritze it.

EDIT: scratch that part Niang, doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm out. When two games are needed to be played - you should look at them both and THEN say if it was a trashing or not. In bayern-barca face off it certainly was.

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Real had a bad first-half, but I really expected them to step up the intensity in the second. But they didn't show up today. But it's stupid to judge Ancelotti after hardly three months in the job. I couldn't believe Isco didn't get to play today. Unless he was injured and included on the bench despite that. Bale is a much better player than that, (though by no means world-record good) and he'll get better. And I get really annoyed when they promote this match as the 'greatest club game in the world'. They didn't start doing that till recently.

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The least exciting classico in years. I cant stand most of the "star" players in either team anymore. Diving playacting little crybabies most of them. Neither team looked that great either tbh.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Real had a bad first-half, but I really expected them to step up the intensity in the second. But they didn't show up today. But it's stupid to judge Ancelotti after hardly three months in the job. I couldn't believe Isco didn't get to play today. Unless he was injured and included on the bench despite that. Bale is a much better player than that, (though by no means world-record good) and he'll get better. And I get really annoyed when they promote this match as the 'greatest club game in the world'. They didn't start doing that till recently.

AC Milan vs Inter Milan in 2005-2008 was greatest quality of play I've ever seen...

Miss Stardust

The Snow Queen
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Gerrard, Inzaghi, El Sharaawy, Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo.
I like Real Madrid too but lately I've been kind of detesting them after they bought Bale. He couldn't do anything at the El Classico and Neymar possibly showed he's better than him! I've always told everyone that it won't work and most people didn't listen. But now look, Gareth Bale, ''the most expensive player'' in the world. Well... He's always injured and barely can contribute to any matches, he was also injured at the time when signing the contract (should've thought before taking the pen), being the most expensive player is a huge responsibility! Some Madrid fans now makes excuses that he's new and injured. But so what? That means Ozil is also new to Arsenal and he's doing amazing! Kaka is back to his old club but now with new faces and
he did a fantastic job at the Barca match and all after coming back from an injury.
Wasn't it a mistake by buying Bale and selling Ozil? And maybe also Kaka.
90-100mil is not a matter of joke! Can't wait to see the regret on Perez's face after he finally realise what he has done and wasted upon.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
What did they achieve last year with him?

Ozil is to madrid as iniesta is to barca. He isnt so much as a catalyst for winning the league but hes a catalyst for not sucking. Ozil was the focal point to madrids attack,he had this psychological connection with ronaldo and the rest of the strikers thats seldom seen in football. Take that away just because he doesnt score enough goals and whatve you got? Stale attack that resembles milan.

Madrid buying bale was a panic buy to try and out do barca/neutralize them for getting neymar. What they fail to understand is how neymar is being used,which is basically to supply messi. Bale on the other hand is suppose to COMPETE with ronaldo.

Mark my words,madrid will get 2nd or third in the league,will lose the cup and nearly all el clasico games and wont get passed the quarter finals in ucl. With ozil,they might win the cup and get to the semis.

On that note,i predict bale being sold.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
lol wtf sevilla real 7-3 bale x2 benzema x2 ronaldo x3

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ozil is to madrid as iniesta is to barca. He isnt so much as a catalyst for winning the league but hes a catalyst for not sucking. Ozil was the focal point to madrids attack,he had this psychological connection with ronaldo and the rest of the strikers thats seldom seen in football. Take that away just because he doesnt score enough goals and whatve you got? Stale attack that resembles milan.

Madrid buying bale was a panic buy to try and out do barca/neutralize them for getting neymar. What they fail to understand is how neymar is being used,which is basically to supply messi. Bale on the other hand is suppose to COMPETE with ronaldo.

Mark my words,madrid will get 2nd or third in the league,will lose the cup and nearly all el clasico games and wont get passed the quarter finals in ucl. With ozil,they might win the cup and get to the semis.

Completely wrong. I dislike Iniesta because he is the one that started all the diving in Barca; however, he is the catalyst for them. When Messi is being well marked and Xavi cannot find the rhythm for their team; he is always the one that put their team on his shoulders and becomes the nuisance for the other team.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Completely wrong. I dislike Iniesta because he is the one that started all the diving in Barca; however, he is the catalyst for them. When Messi is being well marked and Xavi cannot find the rhythm for their team; he is always the one that put their team on his shoulders and becomes the nuisance for the other team.

Like i said,he isnt the catalyst for winning the league,hes the catalyst for not sucking aka putting the team on his shoulders when need be. But he cant do it consistently enough to be like messi.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
6HJQgdV.gif

Ronaldo1.gif

Salute 3 goals. :thumbsup:

~

I love how he took the penalty which could've been Bale's third. :lol:

Last edited:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score

charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

carletto

sacred pig!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ancelotti
what did real do tonight? im not afan just want to follow carlo's results:thumbsup:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Carlo has no idea whats he doing, but Madrid are still winning, the luck we had lately is unbelievable.

carletto

sacred pig!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ancelotti
yeah. I believe real is not just his type. that was a mistake to take this job. a good experience though:thumbsup:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Look, as long as Madrid win, and win by playin attacking football, no1 gives a flyin fuck if they concede a couple of goals each match. Wot is truly unforgivable at Madrid is winning matches playing defensively... like Mou's Madrid.

Schedule