Name: Anwar El Ghazi
Current Team: Ajax
Shirt Number: 21
Positions:
Attacking Midfielder (Right)
Height: 188cm
Weight: 76kg

Football Italia

Milan are reportedly chasing Ajax winger Anwar El Ghazi, and look to fund a big-name signing through player sales.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the likes of Zenit?s Axel Witsel, Manchester United?s Marouane Fellaini, Sevilla?s Ever Banega and Sampdoria?s Roberto Soriano during the January window.

However, ********** believe that they are also looking to youth, with a bid being considered for 20-year-old Ajax talent El Ghazi.

The newspaper believes that the Netherlands international could leave for around ?10m and that the San Siro outfit have been pursuing him for some time.

The report also says that money raised from player sales will go directly towards signing an established star for their midfield.

Milan are set to receive around ?14m from Chinese club Jiangsu Sainty for Luiz Adriano, and have also put Diego Lopez, Antonio Nocerino, Nigel De Jong, Alessio Cerci and possibly Stephan El Sharaawy on the market.

********** believes that cash raised through selling these players will then be used to launch a bid for Witsel, Fellaini, Banega or Soriano.

Lazio?s Antonio Candreva has also been linked but the capital club?s demands of ?25m for the winger are believed to be too high.

Total Appearances this season:18
Total Minutes:1270
Goals:8
Assists:1
Shots per Game:2.3
Pass Success:79.2%
Average Rating per game:7.19

Compare to 26 year old Bonaventura's Stats

Total Appearances this season:18
Total Minutes:1550
Goals:5
Assists:6
Shots per Game:3.4
Pass Success:82.8%
Average Rating per game:7.55

Source for Stats www.whoscored.com

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Can't be worse than Cerci

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Cerci doesn't cost 10+ mill in transfer fee. Good movement in highlights however the defenses were a lot more open than what he'd get from teams coming to San Siro ... If our scouts think that he has what it takes, I wouldn't mind putting the chips on him and see what happens.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Meh, no.

Less potential than Lazio's Kishna. But far more likely to actually reach his potential.

10m is really cheap in the current market, I wouldn't expect Ajax to sell for that amount.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Meh, no.

Less potential than Lazio's Kishna. But far more likely to actually reach his potential.

10m is really cheap in the current market, I wouldn't expect Ajax to sell for that amount.

can he play as good as memphis depay this season?

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Pointless. We need a top class cm like verratti, not another wide man

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meh, no.

this is the sad part. whether hes good enough or not, some clubs wouldn't think twice about gambling 10m on a promising player. bournemouth just spent 12m on a 22 yo guy from the championship who's scored 9 goals. sadly for milan this type of money is mercato defining. we can't afford to get this wrong.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Pointless. We need a top class cm like verratti, not another wide man

not pointless when you consider the fact that the 4-4-2 works best for our current group of players, but it could be much better if honda and cerci werent so limited/shit players.

we need at least one proper CM. top class? sure. but which "top class" CM is gonna willingly join this "current" AC Milan? none.

Meh, no.

you said less potential that Kishna, so why not 10 mil? it'll be loan with option to buy in june perhaps, prolly for 10-15 mil.

this is the sad part. whether hes good enough or not, some clubs wouldn't think twice about gambling 10m on a promising player. bournemouth just spent 12m on a 22 yo guy from the championship who's scored 9 goals. sadly for milan this type of money is mercato defining. we can't afford to get this wrong.

we also cannot afford to do nothing this transfer window. it is sad that this sum of money is all that we may have to work with. but we need to do something. this season may look bleak under miha, but its also the one where we looked like actual work has been done on the team. we are not a complete team yet, and we are still further away from being a great team again so we have some years of work under our belt. lots of our signings will seem like gambles; anything seems like a gamble when you have such limited funds and it would matter less if we had more money, whether this guy turns out to be good if we sign him.

but right now, i'd take a chance and sign him. cerci cannot remain here. boateng also will not remain here. El Ghazi can either be great, or be nothing for us. coming from ajax, and with miha here, i'm willing to hope for the former.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not pointless when you consider the fact that the 4-4-2 works best for our current group of players, but it could be much better if honda and cerci werent so limited/shit players.

If we're looking for a 4-4-2 RM then why are we buying a wide forward?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i hope pigeon doesn't sign this guy

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Looks ok. If he can play like this for us he's an upgrade. Nothing to write home about though

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Such an underwhelming signing..

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Would be an ok good signing especially for that mentioned price. Also young and has good potentials.

I was kinda impressed by him in those matches against barcelona.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#SkySport 24, Compagnoni: "El Ghazi is very strong, but I have some concerns about his tactical usefulness in Milan's 4-4-2"

Speaking on Sky Sports 24 about Milan Maurizio Compagnoni had to tell this about Anwar El Ghazi, Ajax player targeted by the Rossoneri in the event of the departure of El Shaarawy: "We're talking about a player who's still developing, he's a very strong player, 1'95 tall with great physical structure and great technique, he has an eye for the goal and he has the potential to become a player of international standards. He has a character which can be described as a little bit complicated, but he's still a great talent.
However I have some doubts about his tactical placement in AC Milan's 4-4-2. He can be at best described as a classic winger, thinking tht he would track back like Honda is very difficult, maybe imaginable. In Mihajlovic' 4-4-2 he could be used as a second striker. Right now he's better than Niang anyway."

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Must buy.

Sent from my E2115 using Tapatalk

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Speaking on Sky Sports 24 about Milan Maurizio Compagnoni had to tell this about Anwar El Ghazi" I have some doubts about his tactical placement in AC Milan's 4-4-2. He can be at best described as a classic winger, thinking tht he would track back like Honda is very difficult, maybe imaginable. In Mihajlovic' 4-4-2 he could be used as a second striker. Right now he's better than Niang anyway."

This is why we shouldn't buy him. Definitely not the player that we need right now to strengthen the team.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like that he wouldn't fit in because of tactical reasons. Too bad, because I really like his play.

nicgolfstar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like that he wouldn't fit in because of tactical reasons. Too bad, because I really like his play.

We could switch to a 4-3-3 then El-Ghazi, Niang, Menez, Bona could all do great on the wings and a 3 men midfield would also help us to keep more posession and give Monto his ideal role which is in front of the defense

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
4-2-3-1

............................bacca..............
Bonaventura.........Vazquez.......Elghazi

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-2-3-1

............................bacca..............
Bonaventura.........Vazquez.......Elghazi

you would need Yaya Toure and Javi Martinez in the middle + Thiago Silva and Godin at the back for this to work

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
- Not a bad purchase if the price really is around 5m... but honestly if we do buy we should probably buy and loan him out immediately since he really doesn't do anything for us right now... He doesn't fit a 4-4-2 because he is a puss and doesn't track back and defend, and I'd rather play Niang up top with Bacca like we've been doing rather than run El-Ghazi up there... truthfully he doesn't really fit for us right now so there's not much point to buying him other than trying to make a profit....

- I think we should really just focus on bringing in 2 top class players than a bunch of good deals... Vazquez will be a nice addition, we may be switching formation again, but it could work, and if he gels here it will be a great buy, although I think he's worth around 15-20m rather than the touted 30m. The next thing we need is a top class CM (like Verratti - I know this is a pipedream) and then a quality CB to pair with Romagnoli for the future. Other than that we really are pretty covered, very solid team structure, now just need a slight infusion of world-class and we'll be rocking in no time!

Last edited:

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

He doesn't really fit a wide-man RM in a 4-4-2... He is an attacker all the way and is physically weak, not really the type of player you want in a 4-4-2. In a 4-3-3, sure. In a 4-2-3-1.. maybe. But not in a 4-4-2... if we played him in a 4-4-2, he'd probably be better up top with Bacca, but we already have Niang who has been great, Balo, Menez, and we may get Vazquez so definitely unnecessary to get if we're trying to play him up top. I really only see this being a "buy him while he's cheap" type of deal in the event that he may pan out and make us some money.. I don't love these deals especially when we still have to get a few top players to make this team tick.

On a different note, it's funny how bad our transfer management is... we go and sell Saponara who really wasn't given much of a chance and had no faith placed in him here, and now look... the perfect type of AM we needed to link midfield and attack and now he's likely going to be sold to Juve.. So awful.. And I just have this feeling SeS is going to be the same type of scenario, we offloaded him because of 1 bad season that was injury ridden, he's going to hit his stride and we are going to miss out. I just hate our management of our young italian players. Fortunately with Sinisa he actually has some faith in them (i.e - Donnarumma, Romagnoli, even Calabria, etc.) but that still can't offset Galliani's awful transfer moves

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Not a bad purchase if the price really is around 5m...

el ghazi is 10/12+ million atleast.. dont know where u got 5 million

but honestly if we do buy we should probably buy and loan him out immediately since he really doesn't do anything for us right now...

i can assure u he is better then niang and useless honda..u wont have to take my word for it

He doesn't fit a 4-4-2 because he is a puss and doesn't track back and defend

el ghazi is a pussy? he refuses to defend and track back? what makes u think that? ur telling me that if miha instructs him to do so he will simply refuse?

and is physically weak

1.89 cm
and 87 kilo
??

SaWDs4fvGg5J6.gif

did u actually watch this guy?
OR are u talking about a completely different player :lol:

Last edited:

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Meh, no.

ive had this classic discussion many many times with friends..
let met just break down the stats

2014/2015 (aka the year of depay):
kishna 5 goals 5 assists
ghazi 9 goals 8 assist

also what has kishna shown the year before? 2 assist 1 goal...for ghazi in his first year on the big stage (he played with dutch primavera before that) he comes in with a big bang...no stage fright nothing..just big dickin

the only conclusion is that there is no reason whatsoever to think that kishna has more potential..whats even worse is that kishna has the mentality of a potato and cares more about what mercedes he is gonna get next and ghazi is a well raised kid with respect and his biggest idol is cristano ronaldo..he wants to be like him (ambition...work ethic) but i guess thats what u meant with far more likely to reach potential

sofar ghazi this year (and its not even a good year for him sofar..he started out great though)
ghazi 9 goals 1 assist (ghazi played double the minutes then kishna btw)
kishna 2 goals

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- Not a bad purchase if the price really is around 5m... but honestly if we do buy we should probably buy and loan him out immediately since he really doesn't do anything for us right now... He doesn't fit a 4-4-2 because he is a puss and doesn't track back and defend, and I'd rather play Niang up top with Bacca like we've been doing rather than run El-Ghazi up there... truthfully he doesn't really fit for us right now so there's not much point to buying him other than trying to make a profit....

- I think we should really just focus on bringing in 2 top class players than a bunch of good deals... Vazquez will be a nice addition, we may be switching formation again, but it could work, and if he gels here it will be a great buy, although I think he's worth around 15-20m rather than the touted 30m. The next thing we need is a top class CM (like Verratti - I know this is a pipedream) and then a quality CB to pair with Romagnoli for the future. Other than that we really are pretty covered, very solid team structure, now just need a slight infusion of world-class and we'll be rocking in no time!

El Ghazi for 5 million? :lol::lol::lol: That offer would not get us anywhere with Ajax unless El Ghazi is a major headache similar to Balo or Taarabt. The worst problem is the rumors are true is giving him 2 million per season when the kid has showed nothing.

Schedule