Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now you have lost it. In no way did hazard and pogba performed better than neymar for their countries. Specially hazard, de bruyne was their best player during the world cup.

You too biased when it comes to nemyar. You just hate him, and i woul d never understand why

Neymar is such a big bitch. Do I need another reason other than that? He picks fights and doesn't finish them.

Pogba for France won best young player in the 2014 World Cup and had stellar performances for France. Belgium underperformed last year because of their manager. Poor tactics and side passes after side passes. Against Argentina the Belgians hardly created anything and resorted to long balls when it doesn't suit their fast technical players. Their off the ball movement was also pathetic considering the players they have at their disposal. Belgium should have been ripping teams to shreds with the pace in the team but the players were not played to their strengths, especially Hazard and De Bruyne.

Who do you think was one of the key players for Belgium finishing first in their world cup qualifying group AND finishing 9 points ahead of the second team? :monto: The winner of this year's PFA Player of the Year Award.

Neymar had great performances in the group stage and then faded away against Chile and Colombia.

The hate is strong in Allan :lol::lol::lol: Especially when it comes to brazillians

Guess he forgot the spankings El Ney handed out to Italy and Spain in the confederations cup :lol:

Pogba and hazard have performed better :lol::lol::lol: what a load of hogwash. Especially hazard, he was poor at the world cup.

No one takes the confederations cup seriously though :lol: Where was Neymar when Brazil were eliminated by Paraguay in the 2011 Copa America?
Messi got eliminated but he was up a very tough Uruguay team who placed 4th in the 2010 world cup.

Btw I like Brazilian players but I hate Neymar and his marketing team for hyping him up so much. I would never put that squirrel Neymar above Zico, Ronaldo, Garrincha, etc...or even Pele. Pele was a way better player then this squirrel. WAY BETTER. It's just his attitude I don't like since he downplays his teammate's contribution to his world cup wins. As for why the Belgian team performed bad in the world cup just read above.^

I really don't know why you think I hate Brazilians because I hate Neymar. There are several Brazilian players I like in the current era (Thiago, Felipe Luis, and Luiz Gustavo). Admittedly I affiliate myself more with Argentinians since I grew up with them, learned soccer from them, and have good friends from there but by no means do I hate Brazilian players. Fenomeno is still one of my favorite players to this day.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Neymar is such a big bitch. Do I need another reason other than that? He picks fights and doesn't finish them.

Pogba for France won best young player in the 2014 World Cup and had stellar performances for France. Belgium underperformed last year because of their manager. Poor tactics and side passes after side passes. Against Argentina the Belgians hardly created anything and resorted to long balls when it doesn't suit their fast technical players. Their off the ball movement was also pathetic considering the players they have at their disposal. Belgium should have been ripping teams to shreds with the pace in the team but the players were not played to their strengths, especially Hazard and De Bruyne.

Who do you think was one of the key players for Belgium finishing first in their world cup qualifying group AND finishing 9 points ahead of the second team? :monto: The winner of this year's PFA Player of the Year Award.

Neymar had great performances in the group stage and then faded away against Chile and Colombia.

No no no neymar has simply performed better for his national team, wether hazard didn't fit in belgiums nt tactis is another case.
Neymar has been overrated i agree, but the boy is showing why he is worth all that hype.

Hate him all you want, cause in no way are those things you wrote about him true. 100p a future ballon dor winner.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No no no neymar has simply performed better for his national team, wether hazard didn't fit in belgiums nt tactis is another case.
Neymar has been overrated i agree, but the boy is showing why he is worth all that hype.

Hate him all you want, cause in no way are those things you wrote about him true. 100p a future ballon dor winner.

Neymar is a bitch who starts fights but doesn't end them. I think a lot of people would agree with me here. He only acts hard because the referee is there to protect him.

Either way I don't see him winning the Balon d'Or (even with his hype) as long as Messi is still around. He has to match Messi in level and not play second fiddle to him and Suarez.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Neymar has been better for Brazil than Messi has been for Argentina actually...it's pathetic
And I don't even like Neymar lmao

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Top goalscorer of the UCL with the least minutes played.

Only player in the history of the competition to score in both legs of the quarters and semis as well as the Final.

Overrated

Spanked World cup winners and suddenly the con fed is not important :lol:

No wonder all the teams sent their best players :lol:

1 World cup and already got goals and assists

He doesn't need to win the ballon d'or for him to be considered a GOAT

In the Final on Saturday he was just waltzing past serie a's finest defenders.. but i'm guessing the UCL aint important also

I love you Alan.... trust me. But let go the hate and appreciate a genuine world class talent.

Just Enjoy the talent.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Neymar has been better for Brazil than Messi has been for Argentina actually...it's pathetic
And I don't even like Neymar lmao

Better for friendlies perhaps. Messi has stepped his game up for Argentina a lot. He only needs a couple more goals to tie Batistuta in goals for Argentina. All this while playing as a #10.

My only criticism of Messi was in the world cup last year where he looked uninterested and didn't have the drive to take the game into his hands in the knockout games.

Top goalscorer of the UCL with the least minutes played.

Only player in the history of the competition to score in both legs of the quarters and semis as well as the Final.

Overrated

Spanked World cup winners and suddenly the con fed is not important :lol:

No wonder all the teams sent their best players :lol:

1 World cup and already got goals and assists

He doesn't need to win the ballon d'or for him to be considered a GOAT

In the Final on Saturday he was just waltzing past serie a's finest defenders.. but i'm guessing the UCL aint important also

I love you Alan.... trust me. But let go the hate and appreciate a genuine world class talent.

Just Enjoy the talent.

No thank you. I've already seen a GOAT talent from Brazil in Fenomeno and Neymar can't compare.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Neymar is a bitch who starts fights but doesn't end them. I think a lot of people would agree with me here. He only acts hard because the referee is there to protect him.

Either way I don't see him winning the Balon d'Or (even with his hype) as long as Messi is still around. He has to match Messi in level and not play second fiddle to him and Suarez.
I only dislike his diving antics. Everything else he does i find entertaining.
- yea neymar won't win a ballon dor as long as messi performs at this level, but i can guarantee you pogba or hazard won't win the ballon dor before neymar.
Well at least as long hazard plays for chelski

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Better for friendlies perhaps. Messi has stepped his game up for Argentina a lot. He only needs a couple more goals to tie Batistuta in goals for Argentina. All this while playing as a #10.

Yeah...ok...he's also 28 years old now and he didn't scored in 2010 WC at all...Neymar is already at a way better start scoring 2 goals last year at age 22(and remember...he is one of the reasons I don't like Brazil anymore)

My only criticism of Messi was in the world cup last year where he looked uninterested and didn't have the drive to take the game into his hands in the knockout games.

It's cuz the bitch is pampered in Barcelona his whole career
He doesn't feel like a true Argie at all...there's no heart from him whatsover...he lacks that drive because he's a spoiled schoolboy
Wish he could fuck off and join Spain NT so I can root for Argentina to win once in a while...ugh

In fact let me post this quote about Laudrup from Cruyff
"Had Michael been born in a poor ghetto in Brazil or Argentina with the ball being his only way out of poverty he would today be recognised as the biggest genius of the game ever. He had all the abilities to reach it but lacked this ghetto-instinct, which could have driven him there."

This is messi

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Better for friendlies perhaps. Messi has stepped his game up for Argentina a lot. He only needs a couple more goals to tie Batistuta in goals for Argentina.

WOW

analyticsthursday.jpg

How many games has it taken him :lol:

How many of those goals were in the Copa or the World Cup :lol:

#Stats

Messi's shite for Argentina... you can tell that in just how many games it's taken for him to reach that figure... it's like saying Klose is better than Gerd Muller... or even Fenomeno because he got more goals at the World Cup and for Germany :lol:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I only dislike his diving antics. Everything else he does i find entertaining.
- yea neymar won't win a ballon dor as long as messi performs at this level, but i can guarantee you pogba or hazard won't win the ballon dor before neymar.
Well at least as long hazard plays for chelski

Well under Mourinho he won't :lol: Mourinho is not exploiting the attacking talent he has despite having a great defense and Matic as a pivot.

It depends for Pogba and Hazard. They are just as talented as Neymar if not more due to their intellect on the field.

Yeah...ok...he's also 28 years old now and he didn't scored in 2010 WC at all...Neymar is already at a way better start scoring 2 goals last year at age 22(and remember...he is one of the reasons I don't like Brazil anymore)

Farty you didn't see the qualifiers in 2010 then with Argentina. Maradona was the coach and Argentina barely made it to the world cup in 4th place thanks to their victory against Uruguay in the last game. Their team play was horrendous.

He doesn't feel like a true Argie at all...there's no heart from him whatsover...he lacks that drive because he's a spoiled schoolboy
Wish he could fuck off and join Spain NT so I can root for Argentina to win once in a while...ugh

"Had Michael been born in a poor ghetto in Brazil or Argentina with the ball being his only way out of poverty he would today be recognised as the biggest genius of the game ever. He had all the abilities to reach it but lacked this ghetto-instinct, which could have driven him there."

This is messi

He lacks the drive since he didn't play in Argentina (where you develop grit) and he gets too complacent at times. But yeah I agree he is spoiled. Any Argentinian you talk to will place Maradona above Messi because he is better than Messi. Stats don't mean shit if you can't lead your country to a world cup title. Maradona did it with an average team so why can't Messi do it with a better team?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

This is messi
:star::star::star::star::star:
fuckin gold :thumbsup:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Farty you didn't see the qualifiers in 2010 then with Argentina. Maradona was the coach and Argentina barely made it to the world cup in 4th place thanks to their victory against Uruguay in the last game. Their team play was horrendous.

Yet Higuain was scoring in 2010 and Messi was not

He lacks the drive since he didn't play in Argentina (where you develop grit) and he gets too complacent at times. But yeah I agree he is spoiled. Any Argentinian you talk to will place Maradona above Messi because he is better than Messi. Stats don't mean shit if you can't lead your country to a world cup title. Maradona did it with an average team so why can't Messi do it with a better team?

Messi's been on Spain since he was 12...he barely even feels Argentinian tbh
He doesn't play with his heart...feels like he doesn't have interest in football anymore
Hate watching him play

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WOW

analyticsthursday.jpg

How many games has it taken him :lol:

How many of those goals were in the Copa or the World Cup :lol:

#Stats

Messi's shite for Argentina... you can tell that in just how many games it's taken for him to reach that figure... it's like saying Klose is better than Gerd Muller... or even Fenomeno because he got more goals at the World Cup and for Germany :lol:

Or maybe because he plays as a #10 instead of a CF like Batistuta did? If you watch Argentina play then you know their main forward line is Aguero and Higuain (who was fucking horrible in last year's world cup).

Yet Higuain was scoring in 2010 and Messi was not

Higuain was poaching goals and playing higher up the pitch with Tevez. So it doesn't surprise me that he scored.

Messi's been on Spain since he was 12...he barely even feels Argentinian tbh
He doesn't play with his heart...feels like he doesn't have interest in football anymore
Hate watching him play

He's been too complacent and it is annoying. I can't even excuse him since Maldini won a lot too but he didn't get complacent and ended up winning more titles in his late career. Messi needs to step up for Argentina in the tournaments but he also needs his forwards to actually help him. Most of the time he has to try to do something since Aguero and Higuain are nowhere to be found. That's why Argentina need Tevez since the man plays hard when he puts on the Argentina shirt. I really doubt Higuain will start in the Copa America over Tevez.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Higuain was poaching goals and playing higher up the pitch with Tevez. So it doesn't surprise me that he scored.

He's been too complacent and it is annoying. I can't even excuse him since Maldini won a lot too but he didn't get complacent and ended up winning more titles in his late career. Messi needs to step up for Argentina in the tournaments but he also needs his forwards to actually help him. Most of the time he has to try to do something since Aguero and Higuain are nowhere to be found. That's why Argentina need Tevez since the man plays hard when he puts on the Argentina shirt. I really doubt Higuain will start in the Copa America over Tevez.

1.Excuses,excuses

2.But if he hasn't stepped up 'till now I doubt he'll step up now
I mean they might win the Copa America but I doubt Messi will win them the WC...he had his chance last year and he blew it
He doesn't play with his heart...any great player who's really carried a not-so-great team to a major win has played with heart and love for the sport
Messi clearly doesn't play with his heart for his NT and he really seems bored with football to me...he's going through like an identity crisis or something
Maybe a major injury could wake him up....but he's took too much HGH from Barca and hasn't gotten injuries in years afaik
When there's no risks things get boring

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1.Excuses,excuses

2.But if he hasn't stepped up 'till now I doubt he'll step up now
I mean they might win the Copa America but I doubt Messi will win them the WC...he had his chance last year and he blew it
He doesn't play with his heart...any great player who's really carried a not-so-great team to a major win has played with heart and love for the sport
Messi clearly doesn't play with his heart for his NT and he really seems bored with football to me...he's going through like an identity crisis or something
Maybe a major injury could wake him up....but he's took too much HGH from Barca and hasn't gotten injuries in years afaik
When there's no risks things get boring

1.) He plays as a #10 bro. If you watch Argentina consistently you would know.

2.) They have a chance in 2018 again and I told Dejan this in another thread. Argentina have a much better team now and he better not blow it in 2018. The only thing they need to really sort out is their fullbacks and try to find better ones.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
1.) He plays as a #10 bro. If you watch Argentina consistently you would know.

2.) They have a chance in 2018 again and I told Dejan this in another thread. Argentina have a much better team now and he better not blow it in 2018. The only thing they need to really sort out is their fullbacks and try to find better ones.

1.)Umm it doesn't matter where he's playing

2.)I don't see them as favorites at all so long as Messi is leading them
Messi's mentality is just not there...he doesn't want the WC bad enough

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1.)Umm it doesn't matter where he's playing

2.)I don't see them as favorites at all so long as Messi is leading them
Messi's mentality is just not there...he doesn't want the WC bad enough

1.) Yeah it does bro. A playmaker plays a lot deeper than the forwards.

2.) They have played well without Messi. They are not Messi dependent under Martino as they were under Sabella.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
1.) Yeah it does bro. A playmaker plays a lot deeper than the forwards.

2.) They have played well without Messi. They are not Messi dependent under Martino as they were under Sabella.

What is stopping him from dribbling 4-5 defenders and scoring like he does at Barca in La Liga?

But Messi will be a starter and he will be their leader that's expected(unless he completely fails when he turns 31 and stuff like it happens to many players)

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is stopping him from dribbling 4-5 defenders and scoring like he does at Barca in La Liga?

But Messi will be a starter and he will be their leader that's expected(unless he completely fails when he turns 31 and stuff like it happens to many players)

La Liga defenses are a joke bro and most national team defenses are more organized and harder to break than club defenses. Well from the big teams since the smaller national teams lack defenses and midfield most of the time.

I don't consider Messi a leader. Imo the leader of Argentina is Mascherano. But Martino has been playing without him so in case he gets an injury or something; he has a backup system and can play well without him (which they have done).

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Plenty of excuses for Messi constant failings.. We have all seen it when it's mattered... nothing but constant choking :lol:

Yet quick to undermine Neymars success

:o

Just for the record... i've been watching Argentina for 2 decades... and can hand on heart say under messi's reign as a false #10 we've played some of the worst football ever. If it wasn't for the help of the referees there was no way Argentina were making it to last years Final.

Who knows he might improve... but up until today it's been a huge disaster... not that his PR team would have you believe . Few goals away from tying the Batigols record :lol:

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of excuses for Messi constant failings.. We have all seen it when it's mattered... nothing but constant choking :lol:

Yet quick to undermine Neymars success

:o

Yet he didn't make the Champions League Team of the Season after his GREAT season :lol: :lol: :lol:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
La Liga defenses are a joke bro and most national team defenses are more organized and harder to break than club defenses. Well from the big teams since the smaller national teams lack defenses and midfield most of the time.

I don't consider Messi a leader. Imo the leader of Argentina is Mascherano. But Martino has been playing without him so in case he gets an injury or something; he has a backup system and can play well without him (which they have done).

He did it in Champions League too

Well he should fucking be

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He did it in Champions League too

Well he should fucking be

Most of the teams in the Champions League have horrible defenses bro. The only teams I can think of who have a solid defense is Atletico, Chelsea, Madrid, and Barcelona. Juventus defense is protected more by their midfield.

Messi doesn't have the personality to be a leader, just like Montolivo.

That doesn't mean anything

You would think that after all the hype he got he would have taken Hazard's place in the list. Scoring a goal or two, then disappearing does not equal a good performance.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Most of the teams in the Champions League have horrible defenses bro. The only teams I can think of who have a solid defense is Atletico, Chelsea, Madrid, and Barcelona. Juventus defense is protected more by their midfield.

Messi doesn't have the personality to be a leader, just like Montolivo.

You would think that after all the hype he got he would have taken Hazard's place in the list. Scoring a goal or two, then disappearing does not equal a good performance.

So do most NT's by that logic

Why not? He's the best player in the fucking world isn't he? Time for him to take some responsibility

Plenty of great players are not named in the European Team of the Year
He could always make it in that list next year
It doesn't mean much anyways

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So do most NT's by that logic

Why not? He's the best player in the fucking world isn't he? Time for him to take some responsibility

Plenty of great players are not named in the European Team of the Year
He could always make it in that list next year
It doesn't mean much anyways

Not necessarily. Look at the Germany NT defense. Boateng and Hummels are a good partnership but they are not that great individually. In the NT they complement each other well which is why Germany were hard to break down.

Being the best player of the world/your team doesn't magically give you leadership qualities. Some have it and others do not. It's not something you can teach someone.

Yeah some players didn't make it because they were also looking for consistent performances from each player. It's why Pogba wasn't picked.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Look at the Germany NT defense. Boateng and Hummels are a good partnership but they are not that great individually. In the NT they complement each other well which is why Germany were hard to break down.

Being the best player of the world/your team doesn't magically give you leadership qualities. Some have it and others do not. It's not something you can teach someone.

Yeah some players didn't make it because they were also looking for consistent performances from each player. It's why Pogba wasn't picked.

Well then Argie NT will not win WC for a long time

Pogba should be called...it would be idiotic if they don't call him for Euro next year after his great performances

Schedule