The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 13-11-2018, 19:36   #11061
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
if inter started with radja and vrasjko they wouldn't have lost to Atlanta. I still believe that inter is the second best team in the league. Or maybe i dont mean it? Their best team easily rivals jube. spalleti is a world class fodder coach though.
If we started with Conti and Caldara we'd have beaten Juventus

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 19:37   #11062
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Necro, I guess we basically agree - Spalletti is not the coach to take Inter to a scudetto. But he has already got Inter into top 4, and is good enough to keep us there. And maybe go into the KO phase of the CL. IMO that is Inter's immediate objective, so Spalletti is fine.

In a couple of years, Inter can upgrade to a Simeone and challenge for the scudetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
if inter started with radja and vrasjko they wouldn't have lost to Atlanta. I still believe that inter is the second best team in the league. Or maybe i dont mean it? Their best team easily rivals jube. spalleti is a world class fodder coach though.
I have been an Inter fan for many, many years and am naturally biased towards my club, but even I don't think Inter are that good. Not yet at least. There is still a big gap, which is correctly reflected on the table.

Last edited by bluenine; 13-11-2018 at 19:41.
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 21:25   #11063
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
and bonaventura, biglia. We probably won't win away but at home we could beat team. it's certainly possible. Inter honestly could beat jube at home with their best squad is they had a better coach. Unlike most I don't hate inter at all. They are our cousins. Real hatred is towards jube.
Soldier_of_god is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 21:26   #11064
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

milan keeps gattuso if he does well or gets conte next season
inter gets simeone
jube will have allegri
roma has a good coach. forgot his name but yea.

looks good for next season if these transfers materializes.
Old Yesterday, 05:45   #11065
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
biglia and bonaventura were far bigger misses

we don't know how good caldara is and how conti will look like after nearly 1.5 years of injury
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:37   #11066
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
Necro, I guess we basically agree - Spalletti is not the coach to take Inter to a scudetto. But he has already got Inter into top 4, and is good enough to keep us there. And maybe go into the KO phase of the CL. IMO that is Inter's immediate objective, so Spalletti is fine.

In a couple of years, Inter can upgrade to a Simeone and challenge for the scudetto.

I have been an Inter fan for many, many years and am naturally biased towards my club, but even I don't think Inter are that good. Not yet at least. There is still a big gap, which is correctly reflected on the table.

Yeah, if that’s the objective, then Spalletti could deliver it. But if I were a fan, I’d be annoyed at continuing to stay at the level you are for a couple of years knowing full well that there is an embarrassing 5-1 defeat around the corner, with all the talent you have in the squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47   #11067
Sage
Phase 2

I have a feeling necro is mad at spalletti mainly for the mockery serie A fans suffered since roma got thrashed 7-1 by united back in 2007
Old Yesterday, 08:18   #11068
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

roma smashed barca 3 0
Old Yesterday, 09:04   #11069
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I have a feeling necro is mad at spalletti mainly for the mockery serie A fans suffered since roma got thrashed 7-1 by united back in 2007
Do you actually think I pay attention to noobs' opinions? Not now, not in 2017.

It's more likely because I listen to 5 podcasts every week run by Serie A crazy Italian commentators and I read Gazzetta and Corriere articles almost every day. Spalletti is not considered highly by anyone serious in calcio and a lot of people would rejoice if he fails.

Signature
Old Yesterday, 09:14   #11070
necromancer
Capocannoniere

And most importantly, whenever you evaluate a manager, the most important part is not tactical.. not by a huge mile these days. Any manager can get good tacticians in his staff. Football is analyzed and planned to such detail these days, and Italy particularly continues to be obsessed about tactics, that I'm sure there are excellent tactical coaches in the staff of even an Empoli.. as Andreazzoli's football proved last season.

The only thing that really matters for a high level manager these days is man management. And that's not just management of the players, but also the club and the media.

This factor is what convinces me that Gattuso will become an excellent manager over the years. He's very very likeable, by all parties involved - players, media, club. Every few weeks you get a Milan player talking incredibly highly of Gattuso. Sure, some of this might be club-planted PR, but there are private conversations that have been spoken about so many times in the past weeks where Suso, Bonucci, Higuain have all basically said how good Gattuso is in getting the best out of his players. He's brutally honest in press conferences and doesn't mind admitting his faults and how far he has to go to become a great coach. He is pretty much the second coming of Ancelotti in terms of personality, who probably remains the most personable man in Italian football. Ancelotti's tactics have never been particularly innovative, but he knows how to handle calcio.

And Spalletti is almost the opposite. There are always grumbles around Spalletti. The media openly dislikes him thanks to his treatment of them and will not lose any opportunity to turn on him. His squad, I'm sure bluenine would agree, does not have 100% happy guys through and through. And even serious fans, like bluenine just demonstrated, see him as a stop-gap option to keep them in a good spot for a couple of years.

I have no doubts that what makes a great manager at the highest level these days is man management or better put, stakeholder management (stakeholders being players, media, fans and the club). Tactics can only get you so far. De Zerbi, Gasperini, Giampaolo and Andreazzoli have better tactical minds than Allegri, Ancelotti, Spalletti and Gattuso. What's the point? Nothing.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; Yesterday at 09:18.
Old Yesterday, 09:43   #11071
Sage
Phase 2

bluenine thinks he's a stop gap because he probably thinks there is a chance for conte who is obviously a step up, but if conte rejects them, they can't do any better.

gattuso is a good man manager but his tactics are poor, yes you need to be a well rounded manager to take a club to the next level but as of today, his tactics aren't close to good enough.

right now we are simply scrapping by thanks to suso brilliance and very good fitness levels (credit to gattuso and his staff) at least in comparison to past milan sides.

where were inter before spalletti took over? they didn't finished in a CL spot since 2010-2011.

personally I never take the opinions of journos seriously, IMO they don't know more than a fan who watches football regularly so what makes them the go to? and in the end of the day journos are fans who are going to have their favorites and guys they dislike, so I precisely wouldn't listen to journos who hate spalletti because he doesn't like them or "treat them well"

I personally need to see the player before I make a judgement, that's why I'm quiet on tonali and paqueta and was vehemently against the signing of sms, an article on a player/coach doesn't convince me.
Old Yesterday, 09:52   #11072
necromancer
Capocannoniere

There are journos and there are journos. There are those who work behind their desk putting out article after article along predictable fan-oriented briefs, and then there are those who travel with teams, sit in the curva and have deeper insights into what's going on in a club. If you follow the opinions of the latter guys, you often find good stuff.

I agree about rating players of course. Tonali is one of those who's obviously talented, but it would be too soon to say anything about him till we see how he functions in a serie a team. SMS is again a player who has done immensely well in Serie A for two seasons. To me, it's obvious he's incredibly tired after a demanding season that went on till week 38 in terms of tangible goals Lazio could accomplish, and then a world cup. It's exactly like how dog-tired Modric looks these days (and during the world cup). If you've seen him for two seasons and still deny his quality, that's just short-sightedness.

Gattuso's tactics are more than adequate to compete in top level football. But clearly we don't agree on that.

Signature
Old Yesterday, 10:07   #11073
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
There are journos and there are journos. There are those who work behind their desk putting out article after article along predictable fan-oriented briefs, and then there are those who travel with teams, sit in the curva and have deeper insights into what's going on in a club. If you follow the opinions of the latter guys, you often find good stuff.

I agree about rating players of course. Tonali is one of those who's obviously talented, but it would be too soon to say anything about him till we see how he functions in a serie a team. SMS is again a player who has done immensely well in Serie A for two seasons. To me, it's obvious he's incredibly tired after a demanding season that went on till week 38 in terms of tangible goals Lazio could accomplish, and then a world cup. It's exactly like how dog-tired Modric looks these days (and during the world cup). If you've seen him for two seasons and still deny his quality, that's just short-sightedness.

Gattuso's tactics are more than adequate to compete in top level football. But clearly we don't agree on that.
modric is 33 who played a full UCL AND WC campaign and sms is 23 who went back home after the group stages where he shat the bed, bad comparison.

I didn't want him for anything close to the outrageous price they commanded, but if milan bought him for let's say 40, it would be still be risky but I'm fine with it. I don't care how bad this market is, you can't spend 100 million on a guy who's won jack shit, plain and simple.

I was talking about tactics and player opinions from journos, the "inside scoop" or wtv concerning locker room/club drama is the only shit worth reading

I'd like to see gattuso's tactics work in a top level match before I agree to that, because so far it's 3 games vs juve, 3 losses and 9 goals conceded to 1, blew his lead vs a shaky napoli, beat an inconsistent roma and lost to inter.

and don't get me started on the arsenal ties.
Old Yesterday, 10:30   #11074
necromancer
Capocannoniere

SMS is 35 at heart.

Signature
Old Today, 06:35   #11075
Saeed
Primavera Player

Quote:
And most importantly, whenever you evaluate a manager, the most important part is not tactical.. not by a huge mile these days. Any manager can get good tacticians in his staff. Football is analyzed and planned to such detail these days, and Italy particularly continues to be obsessed about tactics, that I'm sure there are excellent tactical coaches in the staff of even an Empoli.. as Andreazzoli's football proved last season.

The only thing that really matters for a high level manager these days is man management. And that's not just management of the players, but also the club and the media.

This factor is what convinces me that Gattuso will become an excellent manager over the years. He's very very likeable, by all parties involved - players, media, club. Every few weeks you get a Milan player talking incredibly highly of Gattuso. Sure, some of this might be club-planted PR, but there are private conversations that have been spoken about so many times in the past weeks where Suso, Bonucci, Higuain have all basically said how good Gattuso is in getting the best out of his players. He's brutally honest in press conferences and doesn't mind admitting his faults and how far he has to go to become a great coach. He is pretty much the second coming of Ancelotti in terms of personality, who probably remains the most personable man in Italian football. Ancelotti's tactics have never been particularly innovative, but he knows how to handle calcio.

And Spalletti is almost the opposite. There are always grumbles around Spalletti. The media openly dislikes him thanks to his treatment of them and will not lose any opportunity to turn on him. His squad, I'm sure bluenine would agree, does not have 100% happy guys through and through. And even serious fans, like bluenine just demonstrated, see him as a stop-gap option to keep them in a good spot for a couple of years.

I have no doubts that what makes a great manager at the highest level these days is man management or better put, stakeholder management (stakeholders being players, media, fans and the club). Tactics can only get you so far. De Zerbi, Gasperini, Giampaolo and Andreazzoli have better tactical minds than Allegri, Ancelotti, Spalletti and Gattuso. What's the point? Nothing.
Great post. Many of us do not recognize these subtleties.
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:00   #11076
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:

What a load of utter shite.

Good tacticians are what win you games, not just good man management or good media handling. That's nice to have, but its not what gets you trophies, it never has and it never will.

The most successful managers have always been great tacticians. Ancelloti lovable as he is, and he is my favourite coach is not a great tactician and his lack of consistency in league titles at all the clubs he has managed is proof of that.

Gattuso with his great media handling at all the clubs he has managed so far got him in total a bellow 50% win rate. Thats shite, and its not what you want from a manager at a world class club.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:15   #11077
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Report journalist Federico Ruffo, who suffered an attempted arson attack, laments “the hatred that comes out when it comes to football” as “I’m a Juventus fan”.

The Rai 3 programme investigated links between the ‘Ndrangheta, the Calabrian mafia, and Juventus ultras groups.

There was also the death of Juventus fan Raffaello Bucci, who had been working for the club, but also collaborating with police.

It was ruled to be a suicide, but wiretaps suggest he could've been threatened before jumping off a bridge.

This week someone attempted to burn down Ruffo’s house, but a dog barking raised the alarm and the arsonists ran off.

“In many years between Report and Presadiretta I have dealt with many topics, but something like that had never happened to me,” Ruffo told Il Fatto Quotidiano.

“The problem isn’t so much that you can’t touch the ultras, but the hatred that comes out when it comes to football, being a fan makes anything legitimate.

“On social media people have written to me to say they hope the ‘Ndrangheta complete the job, that they’re sorry it didn’t succeed.

“Others tell me not to speculate about the attempted fire, because the mafia wouldn’t bother with ‘a piece of **** like me’.

“Luckily I feel protected by the police and my company, but more than physical violence what scares me is people’s hatred.

“That won’t go away and I have no means of defending myself, every time I write something, which will have my name on, I’ll have to deal with these absurd attacks, mostly from Juventus fans.

“The pitch has nothing to do with me, as aside from anything else I’ve always been a Juventus fan.

“It’s absurd for fans to blame me for facts which concern the ultras, the underworld and directors. But on the other hand they’ve been whipped up by blogs and social media which have been discrediting the investigation.

“I certainly don’t want to second guess those who are investigating, but I think it may have been some fanatic and not an organised group.

“Five years ago I did an inquest into football but there was no violent reaction, maybe because it involved teams less important than Juventus.

“Ever since we announced the programme would air, Sigfrido Ranucci and I have received threats, especially on social media.

“At first I tried replying to try and make people think, but I soon realised it was utterly useless, they were people with no interest in trying to understand.

“The house is now guarded and my parents, who live downstairs, will leave for a while.

“Will I leave? I’ve lived here for 40 years, and that would mean letting them win.”.
Football in Italy is hard

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:41   #11078
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

And what of the young milan fan who was put in the hospital?

Cry more Juventus journalist lmao
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote