AC Milan Stadium || nuovostadiomilano.com

Which design should be selected for nuovostadiomilano?

• Total voters

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyways does anybody see us playing (Home) in any other stadium besides San Siro?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
A.C. Milan director, Umberto Gandini, speaks about stadia and infrastructure problems in Italian football.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
AC Milan last week wrote an official letter of interest, expressing the will to build a new stadium in the Expo 2015's area.
AC Milan could start building the new stadium in 2016. The stadium would be ready for the 2018/2019 season.
To build a new stadium in the Expo area, AC Milan wants the the full ownership of the area and the right to build bars, restaurants, shops.

We can follow what ladri did to finance their stadium. If we could secure a 10-year naming right of about €15m/year before hand, we wouldn't need a whole lot of money from Berlusconi or the banks either

The cost has increased to €150 million, including €15 million for the Juventus Museum that is scheduled to open in the first half of 2012, but it has largely been financed by two important initiatives.

First, Sportfive acquired the stadium naming rights for a guaranteed minimum of €75 million, of which €42 million has already been paid to the club and the remaining €33 million will be paid over the next 12 years in equal annual installments of €2.75 million. From 2011/12, this will be booked as €6.25 million annual revenue. Although a sponsor has yet to be identified, this is only an issue for the broker and does not affect Juventus financially. Second, Juventus sold the commercial land adjacent to the stadium for €20 million to Nordiconad, who will build a shopping area called Area 12.

This meant that Juventus only had to take on additional debt of €60 million, which was provided by Istituto per il Credito Sportivo. As at 30 September 2011, €52 million of this had been loaned to the club.

The new stadium looks the business in both senses of the word, as it will be a seven-day a week operation, hosting numerous events and guided tours of the museum. Indeed, the club has estimated that match day revenue will increase significantly from the current €12 million to €25-35 million, with the number of premium seats being particularly important, e.g. Arsenal make 35% of their match day revenue from just 9,000 premium seats at the Emirates.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/01/juventus-black-night-white-light.html

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
It's either now or never.
If we don't do it, Inter will. The one that doesn't build a new stadium will be stuck with an outdated San Siro.
Will be interested to see how the city of Milan will react to both Milan and Inter looking into building a new stadium.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i was thinking a bronze statue in north korean style would be good

but the more i think about it maybe a marble statue like michelangelo david would be more fitting....

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i was thinking a bronze statue in north korean style would be good

but the more i think about it maybe a marble statue like michelangelo david would be more fitting....

not to mention this man already possess some sizeable marbles, making it extra fitting.

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thorir is very interested about the stadium and has money to do it. We have to be persuasive to get the area and built stadium . Barbara we count on you.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
AC Milan last week wrote an official letter of interest, expressing the will to build a new stadium in the Expo 2015's area.
AC Milan could start building the new stadium in 2016. The stadium would be ready for the 2018/2019 season.
To build a new stadium in the Expo area, AC Milan wants the the full ownership of the area and the right to build bars, restaurants, shops.

We can follow what ladri did to finance their stadium. If we could secure a 10-year naming right of about €15m/year before hand, we wouldn't need a whole lot of money from Berlusconi or the banks either

:thumbsup:

This is the perhaps the only comforting development thus far in our campaign. We desperately need a new stadium.

Sonata any official confirmation on the figures pertaining to the new adidas deal?

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
:thumbsup:

This is the perhaps the only comforting development thus far in our campaign. We desperately need a new stadium.

Sonata any official confirmation on the figures pertaining to the new adidas deal?

Nope! I dont think there is

In case you missed it, Milan and Adidas officially announced the renewal of their deal that sees the German sportswear brand supply all sporting kit for the club. The previous agreement still had four years to run, expiring in 2017, but the two have decided to renew early, extending the expiry to 2023.
They were keen not to reveal financial details in the 50-odd minute press conference that took place at Milanello on Tuesday, with Adriano Galliani simply describing it as “an important contract.” La Gazzetta dello Sport, who we know have been wrong in the past, claimed that Milan would receive around €180-190m over the 10 years, which equates to €18-19m a season. Odd given that they thought Milan’s old deal was worth €20m less than two months ago.
Of course, we know the old deal wasn’t worth €20m – probably more around €14m basic plus bonuses. If La Gazzetta is to be believed this time around it means the new deal is a slight improvement on the old terms, but in the grand scheme of world football is actually quite disappointing given that most of the big clubs are on deals worth at least €20m or more, including the other three major European teams in Adidas’ portfolio (Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich).
Until we see the 2014 and 2015 financial statements, it’s going to be difficult to ascertain the value of the deal. In the meantime, there were a number of interesting comments in Tuesday’s press conference at Vismara from both Galliani and Adidas Group CEO Herbert Hainer, which are worth exploring in more detail.

http://acmilanfinance.com/2013/10/11/comment-analysis-milan-extend-adidas-deal/

ACMilanMaldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We need better infrastructure and facilities.Trust me though, I've been to the San Siro loads and the view and atmosphere is one, if not the best in the world!!!! I just wish you could get a decent toilet there. We don't need a new stadium and I wish everyone would stop talking about Arsenal's emirates stadium, I've been: The facilities are good, actual toilets (both 1 and 2), you can buy food inside the stadium (instead of buying lots of gorgeous food outside and trying to take it all in, in a bag (The only food you find in the San Siro is a guy walking around with plain San Carlo crisps and a large coke). Also their only one small official Milan store and it is tiny and better to go to the one by the Duomo. The Emirates will keep you occupied but boy is it a sh*t stadium!!!! seats are the worst seats I have ever and will ever sit in. At the San Siro 90% of seats have a good view (though they are quite small), while the emirates may have 1/3 larger seats 60% of the time you cannot see a thing. It is a recurring thing with most English stadiums (why do so many countries see the English stadiums as good, when the aim of being their is to enjoy the atmosphere and actual God damn see the freaking ball. Also the Emirates has crappy atmosphere unlike the San Siro, to which has deafened me (in an enjoyable way). A recent poll found that just 9% of Arsenal regulars found the Emirates atmosphere 'decent', the rest 'below average' or 'poor'. Also, anyone who builds a stadium on the circulation of air seriously has a high B.S level and is out to make money out of the fans. I have many years of my life ahead of me and I wish to jump and sing with the ultras some more but in A ITALIAN stadio.

Here just a taster for those who haven't been, it's not my video but I was their, it was the last time I went and it was so enjoyable it made me cry!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGUjGCf8UY

or (Turning this to full volume doesn't make 1/10th of the real feel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNosgGe8BA

Last edited:

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^ Interesting perspective. I agree that the atmosphere in San Siro is second to none, but only if and when the stadium is full. We both know that a full San Siro is a rare occurrence. Despite Inter's recent struggles, they enjoy better attendances than us.

All the things you mentioned (food, sports shop) is a source of revenue for a club. Milan, at the moment is getting none of it. We only make 30 million out of matchday revenues whereas clubs like Arsenal and United make over 100 million. To compete, we need to bridge that gap. Question is how can we do that? Either we improve San Siro massively or we build a state of the art stadium with all the facilities. I am inclining towards a new stadium as I find it would be less risky, because there is a chance that the money spent to revamp San Siro may not be translated into higher matchday revenues. Bayern, Arsenal and Juventus have gone that route and all of them have enjoyed great success off the pitch which eventually/theoretically translates to success on the pitch. Hence my vote goes in favour of the new stadium.

Yoann Gourcuff

Beginner
Reaction score
milan win for new stadium!

Milan to leave San Siro

Inter and Milan have reportedly already decided that they will end cohabitation at San Siro, with the Rossoneri to move out by 2017.

Whilst the Nerazzurri have in previous years been working on a plan to move away from the Giuseppe Meazza stadium to build their own ground, recent reports have suggested it has been Milan pushing forward with such plans under Barbara Berlusconi’s guidance.

Speculation today is that the Diavolo have been working over the past six months on plans for a new stadium to be constructed six kilometres to the north-west, where the Fiera Milan exhibition is currently based and where Expo 2015 will be held.

Arexpo, formed by city authorities to buy up the area of land and oversee its development from 2015, confirmed in November Milan’s initial interest.

They have set a deadline of March 13 - latest March 14 - for proposals to be put forward for construction of a stadium on the land, planned as part of a wider multi-sports and functions development.

SportMediaset and Il Giorno say that Milan are going to come forward, with an aim to begin construction at the end of Expo 2015, in the autumn of that year, and have work completed in time for the 2016-17 season, although it may be more likely that the team cannot move in until the following year.

The Rossoneri and Inter are also seen as in agreement to end their sharing plan at San Siro, with Milan expected to confirm their plans over the course of the next month in time for Arexpo's deadline.

Inter, in turn, are speculated as favouring staying at the stadium and carrying out renovation work.

The two Milanese giants have shared the Giuseppe Meazza since the 1947-48 campaign. The ground will host the 2016 Champions League Final.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Do they have any initial project? do they know how at least will the new stadium look like? or we'll have to wait.

we should build a 50K-60K stadium, that would be great and it won't be empty most of the times.

Barbara already making changes :proud:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Fuck this! 85 000 San Siro, scala del calcio and we are gonna be like Jube... Thats pure shit.

Invest into San Siro and thats it.

Bullshit project.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I thought Inter were the ones leaving? I would prefer just to tell Inter to GTFO and then renovate the San Siro.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
You guys act as if renovating the San Siro is that easy or even more so - cheaper.

San Siro is a disadvantage because of the lack of potential expansion for hotels, restaurants etc etc not to mention renovating it is like to cost as much as building a new stadium (if not more so)

Time for sentimentality is over. We need to move on

sucful

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
fuck we suck once more. Inter should gtfo ASAP.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Please make it an asylum, after 50 rows make it vertical so that noise just go inside the stadium, there is something to get drunk and go to a stadium which towers over the ground and your screams just go to the pitch

albmovi

Banned
Reaction score
1012656_641397995896286_531412975_n.png

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
we don't have business class seats and private rooms

around the stadium it's too crowded to expand (houses, parks city stuff)

and milan fanshop was a disapointment :fp:

we really need a new stadium

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
alimony, the design you posted waaay too ugly for milan

we want something futuristic like a stadium above skyscraper or floating stadium on artificial lake idk

something futuristic that'll make jube fans wanna destroy their tiny stadium

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You guys act as if renovating the San Siro is that easy or even more so - cheaper.

San Siro is a disadvantage because of the lack of potential expansion for hotels, restaurants etc etc not to mention renovating it is like to cost as much as building a new stadium (if not more so)

Time for sentimentality is over. We need to move on

there's also the actual construction factors of renovating something so old is more complicated and often neither as cost effective or efficient as new construction.

Besides fans create atmosphere. And a good design and create just as good an atmosphere. Bayern has one of best home atmosphere and their arena is like 10 years old? Hardly anything comparative to their long history.

Stadiums don't last forever... sorry, 1 day sooner or later, milan will need a new one.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Milan to leave San Siro

Inter and Milan have reportedly already decided that they will end cohabitation at San Siro, with the Rossoneri to move out by 2017.

probably unrealistic. 2017 is really close when you consider how long it takes for permitting, design, environmental impact, engineering and then ya know, actual construction of something of that magnitude.

juventus started planning of a new stadium in 2005 or 2006 iirc, and the project was really underweigh by 2008 for 2011. Just how it tends to go.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thing with San Siro is location... Way better/central compared to the Expo.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
so maybe, something like this?

blueprint.png

this is a statue of napoleon, stylized as julius caesar

so berlusconi, as napoleon, as caesar, i think, would be a good fit maybe

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I think a new stadium is the way to go. I also think that a smaller stadium would be ideal. 80,000 is too big. Even if you get 60k to go to a game, it is only 3/4s full, and that impacts the atmosphere.

Build a modern, acoustically loud, 55k seat stadium

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i definitely think the statue should tower over the stadium though...make it very very tall and imposing

oh..and maybe have the statue turned, so it's facing, looking down at the field. so berlusconi can look at milan matches for all of eternity