• 4-3-1-2

Votes: 242 63.4%

• Total voters

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
you can't have robinho and montilivo on on one side, because robinho isnt hard working, putting much pressure on montilivo and the defence, and seeing how midcore our defence is, milan will leak goals.id say put montilivo in the middle, and then de jong or another dmf (boatang /nocerino/ambrosini) behind robinho, to protect the defence.

images

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well with that formation most likely wen attacking montolivo would stay in the middle and look to dictate things while boateng is allowed to push up. The only problem i have is that boateng has gotten lazy and during the defensive phase i doubt he would be tracking back

yeah i feel boateng is a weak link at the moment and he needs to regain some form and fast .Montolivo can be important for us because he has a somewhat decent defensive ability plus he reads the game well and passes well .the formation i posted allows de jong to really support the defence and try and cut out passes which he does well but it means Montolivo and boateng need to be able to hold the ball and create a link to attack with maybe boateng given the more attacking licence .

what i would like to see is Bojan and Ses together .yes i know some will say they are similar but so far nothing has worked and i think both players have a good turn of speed and can really force defenders into mistakes .i also believe it will mean we get best use of Pazzini cause there is more chance he will be involved in link up play rather than waiting for the odd long ball or goal poach .

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
so far we've been somewhat predicatble in ouir play which is understandable .for one some players are new and seem to panic on the ball and the ones who have been in the system the last year or seem to look up expecting to see a giant swede standing there .the only choice we have is to have guys like bojan close to goal and play more of a possession game .

like i said what we've tried thus far hasn't worked and while we are waitng for players to return from injury we should be focusing on which players best work in what position .allow the players to play their natural game and with more freedom .i believe the goals will come but at the moment it's kinda of a case where no player in the team knows where they will come from.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
3-5-2. we have the players for it to work

------------------Abbiati-------------
--------Zapata--Mexes--Acerbi-----
--Abate--De Jong--Monty--Prince--Urby--
----------Pato/Paz------Binho/SES---------

Abate can be rotated with De Sciglio, Prince can be repalced with any of our other fodder midfielders, and Bojan can take one of the two striker spots.

Mexes is a good passer from the back, Acerbi is great in the air and Zapata is just a good all around player.

Its a formation that maximizes our player's talents

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

Abate can be rotated with De Sciglio, Prince can be repalced with any of our other fodder midfielders, and Bojan can take one of the two striker spots.

Mexes is a good passer from the back, Acerbi is great in the air and Zapata is just a good all around player.

definitely, I think that juve have really set up well with this formation that allows them to pack the midfield, but also allow for many players to defend and counter attack.
We also have a team capable for this, plus a better attack. Montolivo would be our pirlo, de jong their vidal, and one of prince/noce their marchiso.

Honestly we should try this formation, urby and abate are perfect for those heavy running getting up and down the pitch wing back roles. And with pato and robinho up top, we have a poacher and someone to link if needed.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Beatiful!! Zapata and Acerbi are in their best possible positions!

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obvs Binho/Bojan can take place for SES, but he is in insane form so i had to put him in :D

529545_A_C__Milan.jpg

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Any formation without Robinho sucks.

Instead I see Boateng :fp: really?

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
I see no reason why we can't beat most Serie A teams with this formation:

Abbiati
De Sciglio--Mexes--Acerbi--Antonini
De Jong---Montolivo
Prince----------------------Urby
Robinho/ Bojan/ SES
Pazzini/ Pato​

I think it maximizes everyone's preferred position into one formation, not to mention there's still 2 strikers so Papa Berlu can't complain.

Nicko

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Aimar, Totti, Salas, Seedorf, Raul, Pato, Boateng, Cassano
i have two

--De sciglio----Monty--de Jong--Urby--
-------------------KPB-----------------
------------------------Pato/Binho/SES-
------------Pato/Pazzo------------------

or

-----------------abbiati-----------------
de sciglio----mexes----acerbi----abate/urby
--------------de jong-----------
------KPB----------------montolivo
--Robinho/pato--------------------SES/bojan
-----------------Pato/Pazzo---------------

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto
4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3
---------------Abbiati--------------
-Abate---Mexes---Acerbi--Urby--
------Ambrosini----De Jong-------
--------------Montolivo-------------
--Bojan/Boa----------Robinho/SES-
------------Pato/Pazzini-------------

-De Jong and Ambrosini would assist Urby and Abate in defense since the FBs go forward a lot. If Urby seriously sucks that much as a LB I'd field Antonini or Constant.
-Montolivo wouldn't be a real AM... more like an advanced CM. The engine of the team who does the wide passes to our wingers/FBs or straight to the mid for our main striker.
-Bojan/SES and Robinho could work as wingers or second strikers when needed.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everywhere Prince KPB is a definite starter?!

Ignore previous post [Joao's].

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any formation without Robinho sucks.

Instead I see Boateng :fp: really?

Yeah Binho needs to start when healthy, although with SES in great form I think its tough to bench him

and I have Prince it my formation because in an ideal world if he is on form and out of super star mode he could help.

If not we have Noce who is out of form, so I guess that means that the other starter in midfield would be Flamini or Constant. any of the 4 is less than ideal at the moment.

but yeah at the moment I would not be starting Prince

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah Binho needs to start when healthy, although with SES in great form I think its tough to bench him

and I have Prince it my formation because in an ideal world if he is on form and out of super star mode he could help.

If not we have Noce who is out of form, so I guess that means that the other starter in midfield would be Flamini or Constant. any of the 4 is less than ideal at the moment.

but yeah at the moment I would not be starting Prince

Nah, Robinho has to start. We really need him. If El Shaarawy is earning a starting spot then they simply should play both unless all of Robinho, Pato, Pazzini and El Shaarawy are fit, then I'd use El Shaarawy as a sub assuming the others deserve to start.

Both Boateng and Nocerino shouldn't be starters. Ambrosini, De Jong, Montolivo and Emanuelson are the ones I would rotate in midfield (and if we'd play my 3-4-3 then the first three will rotate while Emanuelson plays then as wingback).

So for both attack and midfield I have four names to play a lot. Others will play less as long they don't better their game. At this point, Bojan is a logical number five for attack, and Abate may be for midfield while De Sciglio is my favourite rightback.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

great form?

He has zero goals or assists. He's produced some nice movements of potential but great form? Nah.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Just before tuesday's game, people were bashing SES all over the place, saying we should have never gambled on him. Allegri puts him on bench, puts him on, he has a good game, all of the sudden he's on great form....no fans are always so right and never have knee jerk reactions.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
4-3-3 is the only way with our current squad. We have no creative midfielders, no CAM, or any movement up top for that matter - Pazzini/Pato need support/service too. The only way that'll happen is with wingers on each side.

For the next game:

Shaarawy-Pazzini-Krkic
Traoré-Ambrosini-Montolivo
Urby-Mexés-Zapata-De Sciglio
Abbiati​

Guaranteed win :o

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4-3-3 is the only way with our current squad. We have no creative midfielders, no CAM, or any movement up top for that matter - Pazzini/Pato need support/service too. The only way that'll happen is with wingers on each side.

For the next game:

Shaarawy-Pazzini-Krkic
Traoré-Ambrosini-Montolivo
Urby-Mexés-Zapata-De Sciglio
Abbiati​

Guaranteed win :o

why are you benching De Jong, who might very well be our best mid

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
4-3-3 is the way forward, little doubt about that.

---Robinho------Pazzini-------El Shaarawy/Bojan

----Montolivo----NdJ----Boateng----

-----------------Defence---------

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
529777_A_C__Milan.jpg

Maan, I hope we try 4222 one day :) It would be great!

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Pato-Bojan
Boateng
Urby-Montolivo-De Jong-DS
Acerbi-Zapata-Abate
Gabriel

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Can someone update the poll please? 4-3-1-2 is no longer used for this current squad :thumbsup:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, a question (too much work to make a poll).

If you had to choose a CB pair right now between our 5 CBs what would that be?

Schedule