1/16 - USA (1) vs. Ghana (2), AET - June 26th

Who will make the quarterfinals?

• Total voters

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Congo knows no hate. He's peace personified ... a model forum member. I wish I was like him, but I simply am not.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
This is a dive:

This is NOT a dive:

Regardless, don't see why anyone would even bring it up. EVERYONE dives, and now people are complaining for something that was even a dive, just an exageration??? Comeon....

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
False......
For me I hate all divers & the difference is that am consistent while our fans are selective.
I didnt defend Pippo , Ambro , Kaka , Gila , Dida when they do & for sure I wont do that when players from other teams do it like Drogba , CR7 , Messi , Ini do it.
A dive is a dive but judging a player bad coz he dives while saying Pippo is great is nothing less than pathetic.
While Dempsey had been fouled + there was penalty & while Torres's foot got a player stepping on em there is still big difference between over reacting & the penalty that DDr got when there was not even a foul to begin with.
Exaggerating fouls is less worse than exaggerating absolutely nothing.
So when I see losers keep bringing what Torres or Dempsey did while not even saying one thing about DDR coz they like him then I post to show how hypocrite they are specially for blasting a player who dive over a player who play dirty.
You are making it like me or others defend other divers while blasting our own which isnt the case.
Sheva + Kaka while with us were among my all time favorite & still while with us I never defended em for diving.
Dont buy into the hype from ppl who doesnt even watch the game unless u think its irrelevant.

There was as much contact on De Rossi than there was on Torres. It might have seemed like i was making it look as if you slagged off our players but not others and that was generally because it seems you do. Ok, you criticize any divers and that's good. But Pippo doesn't dive when there is no contact, or atleast he hardly ever does. Ambro is worse. But Dempsey exaggerates aswell, a lot like Pippo. Diving with no contact is bad of course, but that happens extremely rarely, Ambro just has a leg to fall over. But exaggerating small trips and taps is almost as bad as it's practically asking for a red card. No players are saints and Dempsey is as bad as Pippo. Stop looking through your 'Dempsey is amazing as grew up in a horrible neighbourhood and likes to rap. Plus he tries a lot' Glasses and acknowledge his flaws.

Case Closed.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
This is a dive:

This is NOT a dive:

Regardless, don't see why anyone would even bring it up. EVERYONE dives, and now people are complaining for something that was even a dive, just an exageration??? Comeon....

Exactly, the zingaro is just being an anti-American hater

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That video didn't show Dempsey smashing the ground in feigned pain. An exaggeration can have as much impact as a dive. Someone can stay down and pretend to be hurt and win a Free-kick, he might have been touched. But it's still cheating.

It was a penalty. No doubt, im just saying that Dempsey is no saint and saying he doesn't dive at all is wrong.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Let sum this up

tackle,contact,no ball= penalty

tackle, small contact, no ball, smashing hand on ground in feigned pain = Penalty but cheating.

Jonathon was given a yellow card. Yet it could have been a Red for Dempsey over-acting everything.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tackle, small contact, no ball, smashing hand on ground in feigned pain = Penalty but cheating.

Jonathon was given a yellow card. Yet it could have been a Red for Dempsey over-acting everything.

In what universe?? That would be quite a tournament to watch, every match would end 7 vs. 7!!!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In what universe?? That would be quite a tournament to watch, every match would end 7 vs. 7!!!

In this fucking universe. I'm not saying every player should be sent off for fouling.

I'm simply saying that Dempsey is not a clean never diving saint like you American's label him as.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In this fucking universe. I'm not saying every player should be sent off for fouling.

I'm simply saying that Dempsey is not a clean never diving saint like you American's label him as.

Saint Dempsey... I like it

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Now thats what I call a dive:

Dempsey got nothing on her.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
i never said ghana was bad lol.

Indeed you didn't, but you weren't convinced when I said that I thought Ghana was probably going to be the best african team in the tournament ;).

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kZ1tW.jpg

I love KBP, arrogant cunt who I'd hate as a person, but I've got mad love all the same.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You can be a fan of Ambro and Pippo while blasting Dempsey for exaggerating fouls. They all do it, it's just Dempsey seems to get a clean bill while doing it while Ambro and Pippo are slaughtered by everyone, despite Pippo doing the exact thing Dempsey does. Ambro dives for sure, Pippo and Dempsey exaggerate fouls. Don't let your Dempsey love get in the way of his cons.

When did anyone bring pippo or ambrosini into the discussion? but your argument is a joke, cause they exagerate fouls same way. And i don't really care if it's an actual foul. You gotta make it clear ot ref u were fouled sometimes

Let's recap. Dempsey was getting shit kicked out of him all match. The PK was a CLEAR PK and smart. Kaka, Ronaldo, Pippo all do that EXACT same move. It's what your taught (if you've ever played that is). If a guy is coming in for a tackl, move ball with outside of your foot, the defender got ZERO ball, and his legs. At full speed, that will hurt, hence the scream. It happens

Thats not a dive. Thats a smart play, especially if you consider fact ghana's defenders were making these hollywood tackles ALL game (and i will admit most were clean). Jozy is too young and green to realize what to do. Findley is just not good enough. But i garentee you.... if ghana defend like that.... forlan and suarez will draw ATLEAST 2 (probably more depending on ref) PKs.

Finally don't u feel HD TV and advanced technology and new broadcasting makes it worse. They slow mo this stuff so slow that what was a small yell that everyone does when there tackles looks so much more grandious and drawn out (hey it hurts when ur running full speed and someone takes out ur legs.... CLEAN or NOT).

Just my two cents on it cause u can slow down smallest reaction and make it look like u r screaming murder.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
There was as much contact on De Rossi than there was on Torres.
Exactly & it screams hate + hypocrite to blast one player + label his team as divers while ignoring the other.

But Pippo doesn't dive when there is no contact, or atleast he hardly ever does. Ambro is worse. But Dempsey exaggerates aswell, a lot like Pippo. Diving with no contact is bad of course, but that happens extremely rarely, Ambro just has a leg to fall over. But exaggerating small trips and taps is almost as bad as it's practically asking for a red card. No players are saints and Dempsey is as bad as Pippo. Stop looking through your 'Dempsey is amazing as grew up in a horrible neighbourhood and likes to rap. Plus he tries a lot' Glasses and acknowledge his flaws.
And when did I say Demsey doesnt exaggerate ?
Also when did say he is amazing ?
Pippo doest dive when there no contact ? Rofl
So Demsey , according to you , is as bad Pippo while Ambro is worse ?
Then why are they on your favorite players if they do what you consider an unforgivable sin ?

Case Closed.
Agreed.