Official: Andrea Conti Thread

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Bona made a fucking huge difference. I'm not saying that he is the greatest playmaker ever but his importance in build up is very underrated.
Paqueta is the first player I´d bench him for in a 4-3-3.

It wasn’t his build up play that helped the team, it’s more of his off the ball movement and runs into the box that we miss. I wouldn’t be benching Paqueta for Bonaventura in all honesty. Bonaventura would’ve been awesome on the LW this season considering that’s his natural position anyway. It’s a shame we didn’t even get to try him there.

On Conti, great to see his overlapping runs. You can see his quality with the ball, he played in a beautiful cross late in the first half too. Still struggling a little on defence but he needs to get match sharpness and having 75 minutes last night helped that. Hopefully he can start soon.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It wasn’t his build up play that helped the team, it’s more of his off the ball movement and runs into the box that we miss. I wouldn’t be benching Paqueta for Bonaventura in all honesty. Bonaventura would’ve been awesome on the LW this season considering that’s his natural position anyway. It’s a shame we didn’t even get to try him there.

On Conti, great to see his overlapping runs. You can see his quality with the ball, he played in a beautiful cross late in the first half too. Still struggling a little on defence but he needs to get match sharpness and having 75 minutes last night helped that. Hopefully he can start soon.

His running and off ball movement were always great but his passing and decision making in build up have improved too, from a weakness to a very solid level (for high CM/AM standards) after adapting to LCM.

Conti will get better with rhythm but time will tell how much he lacks in his defensive arsenal, there might be some work to do as he had his breakthrough as WB.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bona made a fucking huge difference. I'm not saying that he is the greatest playmaker ever but his importance in build up is very underrated.

He for sure would have made a bigger difference than J. Mauri, Bertolacci or Calabria in midfield have. Not his biggest fan but not having him cost us some points

Also agreed on Paqueta, but would still be nice to have Jack on bench

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Adds alot to our attacking part. He gets in good positions, will be so useful in many games

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yes and No.
Jack is very decent. Nothing against the lad but he holds the ball forever. IMO. the less input he has on the build up the more efficient he could be for us. Quite frankly I wish he was healthy to use him as LW.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Back with the nazionale :thumbsup:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Cant wait until we see him as a regular starter. Ive been waiting forever

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
Italian serginho, should always start vs mid-table & bottom feeder teams

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
This dude is an absolute weapon going forward.

He's assisted a goal every time he's played since returning hasn't he?

Damn.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He looks so good that i think his injury alone might have caused Montella's departure and Chinaboys's failure.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Such a good passer.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Is this guy still out with “muscle fatigue”?

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The most impressive thing about him is that he somehow has managed not to get sent off yet this season. In the derby and today, he had 2 insane studs up tackles. I don't think he's actually a dirty player, but how can he be so bad at defending. That tackle was absolutely ridiculous and I would argue a straight red card.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was billed up to be an Italian Dani Alves or Maicon by most of RnB.
But in reality he is just another Gasperini player with stats that made him look better than he is, like Bertolacci, Cristante and a bunch of other flops.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is not better than Abate, just younger so he can run more..

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is not better than Abate, just younger so he can run more..

They are very different type of players.
Abate is/was faster and way better defensively.

Conti has better technique, but is way too impulsive. He acts first and thinks later, or not at all. He's also not much of a dribbler for a wingback and doesn't have Abate pace to simply run past players.
But he can do better than what he has shown so far. He is far from fully recovering from the injuries. And it would help if the team was more attack-minded.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
knee jerk reactions here.

one of few players here i can give a pass to this season because of his injuries/competition - he never had the chance to find form, he'll show his worth (or not) next season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I won't write him off yet. Shocker of a performance but you can say the same about the majority of the team lately.

Coming off two long-term injuries into the midst of this shit show can't be easy.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lets see what he can do until the end of the season. So far worst rb we got.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like I said before I did not expect much from him this season.

Next season and with a better winger or formation I expect a real battle between Conti and Calabria for the RB position.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
good thing is he has 4 games for himself. unless he can't outdo abate in the training.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think he’s really not capable of defending. If we move to a 3-5-2 next season, he’ll be a great asset. Otherwise, should cash in quickly.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was billed up to be an Italian Dani Alves or Maicon by most of RnB.

But in reality he is just another Gasperini player with stats that made him look better than he is, like Bertolacci, Cristante and a bunch of other flops.

This is my only worry about signing players from Atalanta. The number of Gasperini players who flops in other clubs is remarkably high. They are just so system based.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, would've been much cheaper to bring in Gasperini instead of spending money on his average and injury-prone players (Conti, Kessie, possibly Caldara).

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Conti has been out with two serious injuries for a long time. It will take months for him to get back to full fitness. He can then be judged.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What is everyone's feeling on him? Not sure he looks good enough to be a sure starter. At the same time, injuries take a toll, so he shouldn't be judged too harshly. I think he's a great crosser. However, I find him terrible on defence and I'm not sure that has anything to do with injury, as I remember him being the same as Atalanta - not as exposed considering he was a wingback there.