Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he's the most likeable guy on the planet lmao

we'll see...i put a small bet on him at +225 :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You guys see JJ and Weilis stare down?

Felt a little bad for Weili

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Ariel with his golf commentary, and gollums shit talking.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really turned into Boogiewoman by Weili, her forehead omg

Joanna should refrain from talking from now

Yoels fight kind of turned into a disappointment

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
beautiful fights this saturday :love:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thank you to our lord and savior presidente dana white

yes :thumbsup:

we got like, ~20 hours left? even with the one late positive test.....it's happening

tonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :cool:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Absolutely beautiful fight !!!!

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Such an amazing fight.

Must be really frustrating for Conor realizing that he doesn't really have hope to compete with any of the top 3 in the LW division.

Maybe it's time to go back to FW :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What the shit

Great smart fight by Gaethje. Tony let the hype get to his own head

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah..i thought tony was invincible with the wearing sunglasses indoors etc

everything was cursed w the khabib cancellation anyways

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feel really bad for him because this probably sealed him away from ever fighting for the real title.

It was incredible how agile, composed and still treatening he looked despite that all these shots.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Jesus Christ that was a beatdown, that being said its highly impressive how much Justin.G has evolved in such a short span of fights.

It was only 5 fights ago, that he was basically blocking shots with his face and trading back like a madman. Now he has impressive footwork and head movement also, to back does savage legs kicks back.

Oh and Tyson is the definition of force of nature: https://9gag.com/gag/a9nMvXj?fbclid=IwAR26mPH-WN2zSE_hEYi5b1IjSFoc4sqDhSmUIQi-LBX1aio1pmZIDbdjtvg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jesus Christ that was a beatdown, that being said its highly impressive how much Justin.G has evolved in such a short span of fights.

It was only 5 fights ago, that he was basically blocking shots with his face and trading back like a madman. Now he has impressive footwork and head movement also, to back does savage legs kicks back.

Oh and Tyson is the definition of force of nature: https://9gag.com/gag/a9nMvXj?fbclid=IwAR26mPH-WN2zSE_hEYi5b1IjSFoc4sqDhSmUIQi-LBX1aio1pmZIDbdjtvg

:thumbsup: Gaethje definitely showed major improvement.

On a side note, did anyone catch Eddie Bravo telling Ferguson to go for an Imanari roll?

tenor.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Mike Tyson's potential return to boxing will present promoters with a moral dilemma, says Eddie Hearn.

Speculation Tyson, 53, could make some form of comeback has grown since he stated "I'm back" in a recent video.

Hearn says someone linked to Tyson "reached out" to him about a meeting.

The promoter told British Boxing Television:

"I would probably like to see it but ... is it a bit irresponsible to let a 53-year-old legend back in the ring?"

He added: "I had a message from someone saying they wanted to talk to me about Mike.

"He looks pretty dangerous. What's compelling is could he actually go back in at 53 and do some damage? But should we be encouraging that from an all-time great?

"There's a fine line - and I've crossed it a couple of times - between integrity of the sport and entertainment delivering numbers. Our job is to deliver numbers for broadcasters but we have to keep it as close to the right mark as we can."

'Boxing in July and a Tyson return'
'Boxing will lose promoters in shutdown'

Evander Holyfield has said he will return to boxing at the age of 57 to raise money for good causes.

Tyson too has previously said he was pondering a return to compete in exhibition matches.

The two former world heavyweight champions are not the only fighters who have been linked with returns during the coronavirus lockdown, with the likes of Carl Froch and Floyd Mayweather facing questions about potential bouts.

Asked why several names have been linked with a return, Hearn said: "Money. Fighters and legends are seeing other fighters make money for fights they think are insignificant.

"Tyson isn't think about wanting to come back to add to my legacy. He's thinking how much I can get, simple. The answer is quite a lot of money."

:lol::lol:
As sum1 said of this... "Sadly, in the ring the dream will last for 5mins b4 it turns into a nightmare."

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup: Gaethje definitely showed major improvement.

On a side note, did anyone catch Eddie Bravo telling Ferguson to go for an Imanari roll?

tenor.gif

I've heard Eddie say dumber things :lol:
But really makes you think - considering how the imanari roll depends on the surprise factor, giving it as an instruction when everyone can hear it is quite interesting :lol:

:lol::lol:
As sum1 said of this... "Sadly, in the ring the dream will last for 5mins b4 it turns into a nightmare."

Really depends on who he fights and the circumstances.

Foreman fought at 48 in a competitive match - I'm sure Mike could do an exhibition match with a guy in a similar situation. The real nightmare is the day after :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've heard Eddie say dumber things :lol:
But really makes you think - considering how the imanari roll depends on the surprise factor, giving it as an instruction when everyone can hear it is quite interesting :lol:

Really depends on who he fights and the circumstances.

Foreman fought at 48 in a competitive match - I'm sure Mike could do an exhibition match with a guy in a similar situation. The real nightmare is the day after :lol:

At this point in MMA and in even high level grappling (ADCC), Imanari roll is an extremely low meta move that can cheese low level people but leave you seriously fucked against anyone half decent.

He explained it on JRE that he was surprised and he had nothing for Tony so he was like fuck it, try an Imanari roll :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who is Felicia Spencer and why did she get a title shot?

In Her title contender win last fight, she looked like a complete noob against another amateur. In this fight, she got absolutely tooled....

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
145 womans division never made much sense besides accomodating Cyborg. There aren't many natty women at that weight class that are mobile and skilled.

105 lbs would make way more sense tbh.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
poirier v hooker..one of the best fights i ever seen

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So sad that Khabib Father passed away.
57 still young.I think Khabib will fight Ghaetje eventually Tony and than will retire.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
masvidal v usman yessss

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Masvidal gonna win the belt next time