Official: Matteo Gabbia Thread

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
He's good enough to be the 4th choice but ideally I'd want the 4th choice to be someone like a Mario Yepes.

Gabbia's potential could be wasted as the 4th choice defender. He should go out on loan and get more experience...

If he explodes - he can be a starter here in the future....if he's an OK Serie a level player he can be sold for 5-10m profit....

Are there any good Favalli type players we could sign for next year (assuming we can get rid of Duarte/Muda) ???

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He looked far more comfortable last night, but what he needs is game time and going out on loan in Serie A would be ideal.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He looked far more comfortable last night, but what he needs is game time and going out on loan in Serie A would be ideal.

Agree. I'd rather see him get consistent game time in the league than be 4th choice here. He needs development.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Are there any good Favalli type players we could sign for next year (assuming we can get rid of Duarte/Muda) ???

I've never seen anybody wish for a "Favalli type" player in the forums before. This is a first. :lol::lol::lol:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I've never seen anybody wish for a "Favalli type" player in the forums before. This is a first. :lol::lol::lol:

hey didn't favalli come on in the last minutes of the 2007 CL final like a boss :D thats exactly who we need. :lol:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
He's a solid 4th choice. I feel a lot more reassured with him on the field than Musacchio or Duarte.

With Europa League games coming into the frame, it's best we keep him and let him grow under the tutelage of Kjaer and Romagnoli.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
This player was a big prospect at Primavera. He started with Italy U19 when he was only 16 (their youngest player) and became important for Primavera at that age after they had lost Donnarumma & Cutrone. Played as CB and DM.

I think he is growing, and will become a good back-up for Romagnoli.

Last edited:

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
He looked very good yesterday, hope he can keep it up

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Has been solid the last 3 games he's played. After a few early shaky performances, I think he's found his confidence. Very happy for him to either stay as rotation or go on loan to a Serie A club if he prefers to start. Either way he looks to have a future here in the long run.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He needs game time, you can see the improvement with constant game time.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't even notice Alessio being gone.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
gabbiaaaa

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sold on him as Roma BU. He usually turns out decent performances for his age and his passing is really good.
I hope Roma is well soon, but in a way I am glad Gabbia got the chance to establish himself a bit.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm sold on him as Roma BU. He usually turns out decent performances for his age and his passing is really good.
I hope Roma is well soon, but in a way I am glad Gabbia got the chance to establish himself a bit.

Yeah. I had no expectations of him, but as a 0 cost (not really, but close) youth product, he's really good for us.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Good game, still a lot to improve as he is inconsistent, and we need to see more in big games.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Gabbia is one of the more impressive primavera players, he really took his chances well and seems to have a good head on his shoulders

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Commentators yesterday were spot on. They said that it's sad to see Romagnoli out of the lineup for a few games now being one of Milan's top players but that you don't really notice it with Kjaer and Gabbia doing well together.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good game, still a lot to improve as he is inconsistent, and we need to see more in big games.

Agreed, he should play only against teams like Crotone, Spezia, etc. He's not ready yet for big games.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is actually good enough for backup but unfortunately he is now a starter and we don't have a backup at all.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Get well soon...

And now I worry for gigi and Sandro

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Likely to get it after the car pic but yeah ...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
It's been fun to watch him grow this season... he is quickly becoming a very solid player

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Took more responsibility than Ale.

Looked like he was partnered up with an intern for the night.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serious for his age. Just working hard and gaining experience and knowledge. He had some interesting moments in the game.
I believe Gabbia will have very good career.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
B r a v i s s i m o

In a match without yet another fundamental player and leader this youngster had the task to fill Kjaers boots and he did it! Won duels and headers left and right in a match where Sampdoria's gameplan relied upon tossing in crosses towards players that are threatening in the air. Bravo!!!

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
If he improves his skills with the ball he will become a very solid cb.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he improves his skills with the ball he will become a very solid cb.

actually i think he did really well yday in this aspect

managed to move forward often with the ball and also some long range passes, i think more than Romagnoli

lets hope he keeps improving

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Schedule