Position: Right-Back, Centre-Back
Foot: Right

kaluu.png

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
France have been a goldmine for defensive talents, so one can only hope Moncada and Maldini have struck gold in Kalulu.

From what I've seen and heard, he's a conventional centre-back, who's been shifted to right-back. Ergo, quite defensive for a full-back nowadays and the polar opposite of our rumoured right-back target, Aurier.

However, given that Kalulu is defensive minded will give us various opportunites in defence and it will massively benefit Theo on the opposite flank.

5-year contract with an annual salary of €500.000 for a promising backup option can't go wrong. Furthermore, this would allow us to flog either of Calabria/Conti, if not both.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Finally a Congo descent player.

Last edited:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Free signing right?

Is this first team material or?

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
youtube videos indicate he's :

strong
fast
skillful
good defensively
seems to have played a lot as both a CB and RB.
Not much of the traditional overlapping run + crossing from the right foot type plays so far
Seems to be able to switch play with long balls easily and accurately.

could totally see him exploding into the next big thing....esp considering Maldinis track record.

we may not even sign another RB and decide to rotate between him conti and calabria if we really believe in Kalulu's potential.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I think he will be a pleasant surprise.

A fun and perhaps slightly encouraging fact is that he has two older brothers who are both professional defenders.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Calabria sold makes the most sense financially since he's a homegrown player for plusvalenza.
But then we might lose conti for almost nothing next year. Better sell conti now and calabria next year if he doesn't improve.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Don't think anyone is buying Conti for any money considering he's just had surgery....and there's 40 days to the new season.

Calabria makes sense financially...esp since a coupl eof La Liga teams seem to rate him.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Throw him in from day one. Give him 10-15 games as nondisputable #1 RB no matter how he performs. And then we'll see.
Then if he fails, we still got Conti hahaha :D

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Throw him in from day one. Give him 10-15 games as nondisputable #1 RB no matter how he performs. And then we'll see.
Then if he fails, we still got Conti hahaha :D

You think Conti gonna be fit? For all we know dude could break the next moment.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Welcome Kalulu.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Can we call him Congo Powers? :D

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
With Kalulu's signing, I doubt we sign a RB until one of Conti/Calabria are sold. And I don't see anyone coming in for them unless it's a loan + option.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
With Kalulu's signing, I doubt we sign a RB until one of Conti/Calabria are sold. And I don't see anyone coming in for them unless it's a loan + option.

The bold part is obvious, and it has nothing to do with Kalulu, who will be tested in Primavera and trained tactically for italian football because getting regular playing time, hopefully in the second half of the season.

I hope he gets some chance in the Europa League playoff and in the group stage.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Kalulu is 20, a 20 year old should be tested with first team, you should not care about italian media and the way they have tried to underrated Kalulu, they did the same with Leao last year.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Kalulu is 20, a 20 year old should be tested with first team, you should not care about italian media and the way they have tried to underrated Kalulu, they did the same with Leao last year.

I don't watch any media about sports, but Leao had a professional season before Milan signed him for 23M, i can't immagine italian media downplaying him.

Anyway, despite his obvious talent he's very immature and he needed time. Kalulu has even less experience and he's a defender, wish him good luck but i don't think he will succeed that soon.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
will probably play primavara to get used to italian style and when needed will be called to 1st team imo.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't expect him to dribble like Theo, but I do want him to be better defensively and learn how to cross.

I like athletes like him and Theo ect.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He can already help at making our attack even stronger, if he learn how to defend he's going to be very good.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paolo Maldini said:
They used to look for a defender who could fit well into that team, whereas now I'd go to find a player who is good at one-on-one situations and then teach him to fit into that role. The most difficult thing to teach is how to take men on, because it's about concentration.

At this moment, due to the way we play and also the general football situation, I'd get a defender who is good at taking men on and then the coach can teach him to be part of the defense.

Explains this transfer. Kalulu might be lacking in some aspects but he looks good in one-on-one situations. Not sure if Milan was the right career move for him, considering that this was his first start and maybe even appearance in a (barely) competitive game, but the kid has some impressive qualities.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Explains this transfer. Kalulu might be lacking in some aspects but he looks good in one-on-one situations. Not sure if Milan was the right career move for him, considering that this was his first start and maybe even appearance in a (barely) competitive game, but the kid has some impressive qualities.
If we can send him on a short term loan to a midtable or bottom table Serie A side to gain experience that would be great.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
He definitely needs to start, a loan will help him greatly.

He needs to make all kind of mistakes so he learns, hopefully a team that plays 4 atb comes forward and grants him a hefty play time.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He’s practicing every day with experienced professionals like Kjaer and Romagnoli, so he’s gaining quality experience. At 20, I don’t know that he necessarily needs to be starting.

He should be our 4th CB after that performance.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Promising - didnt look totally lost and late like in pre-season