Suggestion box

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
David said:
For that we'll need someone who gets Serie A, CL and Coppa Italia on TV and is willing to watch all matches with a pen and a notebook. Unlikely.
I get Seria A, CL and Coppa but i dont think i will be able to watch the game just to see the errors that we are going to make + its almost impossible to follow the mistakes while watching live games.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Well we can make a thread and everyone can update the statistic they are most fond of :tongue:

IMO it would be cool to have a hockey system with assists. For example if a ball is rebounded in then the first shot on goal counts as an assist. And if Pirlo sends a long pass to free Oddo on the wing, who puts the ball on Ronaldo's leg just for a tap-in, both Pilro and Oddo would get an assist.

Basic stats(goals/assists/cards/penalties won-lost/woodwork) are easily traceable with highlights + reports.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
Well we can make a thread and everyone can update the statistic they are most fond of :tongue:

IMO it would be cool to have a hockey system with assists. For example if a ball is rebounded in then the first shot on goal counts as an assist. And if Pirlo sends a long pass to free Oddo on the wing, who puts the ball on Ronaldo's leg just for a tap-in, both Pilro and Oddo would get an assist.

Basic stats(goals/assists/cards/penalties won-lost/woodwork) are easily traceable with highlights + reports.
I didnt get that. how can you give an assist for pirlo in that case ? it's fully Oddo's assist.
However, I may be able to give the stats of how many balls lost BUT only in general. I mean it will not be specified indicating who lost the ball ?.
What do you think ?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Matmil04 said:
I didnt get that. how can you give an assist for pirlo in that case ? it's fully Oddo's assist.

I don't know how to explain it to you. My point is to give assist similar to hockey but I guess you are not familiar with that. Hmm...let's try like this - IMO the person who makes the 'ice-braker' is supposed to get a mention as well.

For example I would give an assist to Gatuuso as well as Camoranesi in this goal, since he starts the combination and gives Camoranesi the freedom to cross it right where he wabts it.

I know people don't tend to use this tehnique in fantasy footballs and conversation but it's my personal opinion that they should. Biggest argument against this is how do you measure it? I admit that it's highly debatable but looking goals so pragmatic like it's viewed ATM is not giving enough info.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
For example I would give an assist to Gatuuso as well as Camoranesi in this goal, since he starts the combination and gives Camoranesi the freedom to cross it right where he wabts it.

I know people don't tend to use this tehnique in fantasy footballs and conversation but it's my personal opinion that they should. Biggest argument against this is how do you measure it? I admit that it's highly debatable but looking goals so pragmatic like it's viewed ATM is not giving enough info.
It might be an innovative idea but i highly doubt it will be favoured by most of the forumers + it brings confusion seeing that there is no measurement/method for whom you'll give the assist for in that way.
i say mantain the old way.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Yeah I agree with MatMil - thats something that is a little too generic to be able to accurately classify. Its going to end up giving a rise to bunches of disagreements with people.
The last thing I want is for the stats to be disputed amongst people - thats just going to make the entire exercise lose credibility and there wouldnt be much of a point to it.

The fewer 'opinion' based stats we have, the better it would be. Even assists tend to be opinion based, but I'm for drawing a strict line between assists and passes, as Wild pointed out.

I definitely cant do all the other things Wild mentioned, unless he pays me to quit my day job for it :tongue:
Here's what I'm leaning towards right now - we can decide if the grey-area categories should be included or not.

In for Sure:
Goals
Assists
Cards
Penalties won

Grey area:
Games Started/Subbed on:
Would get pretty hard to keep a track of, for all 25-odd players for every game imo. If its something everyone here is keen on, I can definitely give it a shot.

Woodwork:
Since i wont be able to watch every game, I would need to rely on highlights/reports to get this stat accurately - I know reports, specially english ones, dont always cover all the details

Goals from Free kicks (DIRECT FREE KICKS ONLY):
This would also be counted in the overall goals section - eg if kaka scores two normal goals and one off a free kick, he gets 3 goals in the normal section and 1 in the free kick section. I was thinking of keeping a track of free-kicks wasted as well, since Pirlo wasted TONS last season, but that again gets into the grey area of what a wasted free kick is.
If he gets a goal or an assist, its not wasted, otherwise its wasted. Anything else will make it get a little confusing again.
I'm not sure on the free-kick idea..it would be good to have, but only if we decide on exactly what a wasted/nonwasted free kick is. and ONLY for direct free kicks.
Indirect ones throw up a ton of other possibilties that I'm not prepared to deal with to decide what a wasted or non wasted fk is.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here's what I'm leaning towards right now - we can decide if the grey-area categories should be included or not.
Grey area:
Games Started/Subbed on:
Would get pretty hard to keep a track of, for all 25-odd players for every game imo. If its something everyone here is keen on, I can definitely give it a shot.

I think this stat is very important and must be included seeing that you can associate it with the goals scored to be able to do the percentage (eg - Ronaldo - game started 30, goal scored 15 that means he has scored 1 goal in every 2 games)

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
I don't think starts and subs are needed, just appearances should do fine.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
Yeah I agree with MatMil - thats something that is a little too generic to be able to accurately classify. Its going to end up giving a rise to bunches of disagreements with people.
The last thing I want is for the stats to be disputed amongst people - thats just going to make the entire exercise lose credibility and there wouldnt be much of a point to it.

We can always do official and unofficial statistics :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
suggestion

shouldnt we have a chat box in the forum?

i would love that is this topic already discussed or not?
if yes sorry for bothering you fellas

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
^^ what was that?
can you explain ? i didnt get you dude :(