Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I have never been a fan of Wenger but he is way better than Gattusso for sure.

I don't care for Wenger either, but he is a professional coach.

Rino just plain isnt. In his 4 coaching spots prior to taking Milan over, he coached 121 games, had a goal differential of -11, and a win % of 31.4%, none of which was at a level above Serie B. He just didn't show much of anything at a lower level that suggested quality coaching ability. I love him as a player, but as a coach, he doesnt seem to have the tactical knowledge to lead a team to success.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Rino just plain isnt. In his 4 coaching spots prior to taking Milan over, he coached 121 games, had a goal differential of -11, and a win % of 31.4%, none of which was at a level above Serie B. He just didn't show much of anything at a lower level that suggested quality coaching ability. I love him as a player, but as a coach, he doesnt seem to have the tactical knowledge to lead a team to success.

:thumbsup: Fodder Rino also has the lowest overall win % of any Milan coach in the post-Allegri era bar Bibbo despite having the strongest squad. Absolute pathetic joke of a ‘coach’.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Do you want Giampaolo?

Because he coached 280, with a goal differential of -52 and a win % of 30.36

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I still believe in him, but I think it will take some time until he's formed as coach. So, at this point, I'm ok with sacking him.

But, I really don't want another temporary option like Wenger or Conte. I want a coach for 3-4 years ahead. Elliott should have the money and wisdom to get a top-tier manager, like Klopp/Simeone... or maybe someone with potential like Pocchetino or Nagelsman.

rurarurararu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still believe in him, but I think it will take some time until he's formed as coach. So, at this point, I'm ok with sacking him.

But, I really don't want another temporary option like Wenger or Conte. I want a coach for 3-4 years ahead. Elliott should have the money and wisdom to get a top-tier manager, like Klopp/Simeone... or maybe someone with potential like Pocchetino or Nagelsman.

Klopp/Simeone/Pocchetino? You're dreaming. Nagelsmann is already going to Leipzig next season. Best semi-plausible ones available are Jardim and Conte.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Klopp/Simeone/Pocchetino? You're dreaming. Nagelsmann is already going to Leipzig next season. Best semi-plausible ones available are Jardim and Conte.

You’re a fake fan and you don’t try hard enough

Believe in dreams + try harder (aka effort)+ money = champions league

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
If Milan would just reach for the stars, they would undoubtedly succeed.

What’s frustrating me the most is that it’s clear that after 2011, Milan has rested on their laurels. Even this season, the coach is not pushing the players to their potential.

Even last year, Milan waited until the last minute to start working on the mercato.

They need to drop 500M this winter and do it right.

Spend fucking money. Woo Klopp, woo Cavani, woo hazard.

Just do it and shut the fuck up

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
What a man!

Milan Coach Gennaro Gattuso insists “I feel confidence from the directors”, despite reports he could be sacked with a negative result against Spal.

The Rossoneri haven’t won in five games, and haven’t even scored a goal in their last four Serie A matches.

That has led to speculation Ringhio could be sacked over the winter break, but he doesn’t want the players to worry about that.

“There’s a lot of disappointment, we’ve fixed the defence but now we can’t score,” Gattuso said in his pre-match Press conference.

“The biggest frustration with Frosinone is how we approached the game, we need to be aware that we had a disastrous December.

“We have the chance to finish the first half of the season on 31 points, Milan have only managed to do that once in the past few years.

“The players don’t have to think about my future, I feel confidence from the directors even if it’s normal that we need results. I need to think about what’s good for these players.

“I want to keep working, I haven’t been here to mess around in these last months. There’s a desire to continue this path with the lads, we’re in a negative period but I’m not thinking about my future.

“I thank those who have given me this chance. Even if things were going well I’d always be under pressure, the important thing is to guide the team.

“My future is today and preparing for the match tomorrow. After that we’ll see what happens.”

Gonzalo Higuain hasn’t scored in nine matches, and it’s been reported he could leave in January…

“I want to see the Higuain of the second half against Frosinone - that’s Higuain. He beat his man, he had chances and then he got things slightly wrong when shooting.

“He’s struggled a bit after the missed penalty and red card against Juve. I don’t want to hear talk about a sale, it’s up to the club and his entourage.

“As long as he stays here we’ll need him.

“This year he’s dribbling more than last year, he’s had the same number of touches, but what’s lacking is a goal.

“After the red card there was the sensation that he wasn’t good on a physical level, but that’s not the case, he’s fine.

“I think he’ll stay here, if the opposite happens then I’ll have made a mistake but from what’s been said I think he’ll stay here.

"Hakan Calhanoglu? As long as I'm Coach, Calhanoglu will stay here. For me he's a crucial player. In difficult moments we must trust all the players, especially Calhanoglu."

One of the biggest topics in calcio in recent days has been racism, and Gattuso was asked if he’d take his players of the pitch if they were subjected to such abuse.

“I’d say yes, it’s right to have that courage,” Gattuso replied.

“If someone has the courage it’s easier for everyone, but it’s not just our country - I’ve seen bananas thrown in other civilised countries.

“Then if 50,000 people cheer, no-one will hear these four or five idiots…

“Koulibaly is like a wardrobe, he’s very strong, and these chants are also born out of fear.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Did I say I think this is the most plausible scenario? I just don't want Wenger or Conte. Rather stick with Rino and see how it turns out.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Forza Gattuso in turning this around. Take tough decisions please.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso grazie grintusso

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He needs to go regardless of the result. I love the man and respect what he’s done for this club but we seriously need change

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
He needs to go regardless of the result. I love the man and respect what he’s done for this club but we seriously need change

tenor.gif

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Only change him if we can get a top coach

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Happy birthday, mister! Sometimes I forget how young he is. 41 today.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Happy Birthday. May you have a successful second half of the season!

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Stop blocking the fucking Hakan transfer Grintuso.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Gennaro Gattuso Thread

We played some quality football in the beginning of the season and created tons of chances.. we were unlucky in the majority of the matches like the one against empoli and atalanta... then the injury curse happened.

But again the past 7? Matches, the way we played and the results we got should have been enough for him to be sacked. We had by far the easiest schedule and should have been in top 3. Now suddenly even roma are in front of us in the table.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4th place. Grazie Mister! obiettivo raggiunto

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, the season is over.

Take it one game at a time. We'll get there.

Interesting to see how we'll play when Biglia comes back and Piatek is bought, what formation we'll use.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We played some quality football in the beginning of the season and created tons of chances.. we were unlucky in the majority of the matches like the one against empoli and atalanta... then the injury curse happened.

But again the past 7? Matches, the way we played and the results we got should have been enough for him to be sacked. We had by far the easiest schedule and should have been in top 3. Now suddenly even roma are in front of us in the table.

Some of these matches have been huge blows. True. But he didn’t deserve to be sacked neither.

What I appreciate most about Rino is that he works with what he gets without complaining or looking for excuses when it actually was so easy to do so. He is very protective to his squad and refreshingly honest whenever he speaks. Last bit not least the squad fights mail and tooth for him.

Meanwhile we are still missing very important pieces, especially in midfield, who were desperately needed in order to play that entertaining way we were praised from a lot of experts at the beginning of the season. Heck there were experts saying we play the most entertaining football in the whole league.

I mean without Biglia and Bonaventura we lost a lot of technique and creativity in midfield. Hakans incredible dump in form came also quite unexpected. Higuain since the Juve game and even before was nothing more than a shadow of himself. Our CBs being injured all at once didnt help us keeping clean sheets neither. Baka needed time to adapt. With all those injuries we had no bench to rotate.

Yet we are still here, on 4th place, with a coach deemed by many here as an imbecile. I dont know guys. In my books Rino is doing a phenomenal job only few could have reproduced if you look at all the circumstances that hit us at once.

Schedule