English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
His name isnt big enough for him to think that way.

no but Utd have lacked a top class CM for years, literally years, and to have one of the best young ones on the planet join for 18 million euros there'd be hell of a lot of fanfare.

if he was gonna announce it, it may be the last thing he says before leaving the conf., but I just can't see him doing it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
no but Utd have lacked a top class CM for years, literally years, and to have one of the best young ones on the planet join for 18 million euros there'd be hell of a lot of fanfare.

He is a spotty teenager... not 27 year old Zidane... wot fanfare do u want?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
He is a spotty teenager... not 27 year old Zidane... wot fanfare do u want?

I don't want fanfare, I'm saying there will be a lot though...

whether or not your excited is irrelevant, look online, the vast majority of people who know anything about Thiago are anxious, and believe signing him would be an outstanding move, given the price, potential and position he plays...

How often does a new manager have an opening press conference at a club from the very top tier like Utd, Barca, RM and so on, go there, and also announce a big transfer deal?

I'd be flabbergasted if he announced even someone like Baines, let alone a Thiago type signing

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't want fanfare, I'm saying there will be a lot though...

whether or not your excited is irrelevant, look online, the vast majority of people who know anything about Thiago are anxious, and believe signing him would be an outstanding move, given the price, potential and position he plays...

How often does a new manager have an opening press conference at a club from the very top tier like Utd, Barca, RM and so on, go there, and also announce a big transfer deal?

I'd be flabbergasted if he announced even someone like Baines, let alone a Thiago type signing

In yr earlier post u pointed out that we needed a quality CM for sum time now and Thiago almost certainly has that quality. I recognise that and I am excited abt it... Im just not wanking off abt it.

Barca and Real announce their players first and then appoint their mangers lol.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
It's now been 7 years since United last bought a midfielder for the first team squad :lol:

Last one being Hargreaves/Anderson in 2007.

His name isnt big enough for him to think that way.

Moyes is the number 1 person at United. We operate in a different way to most other clubs.

It's a true story ;)

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Moyes is the number 1 person at United. We operate in a different way to most other clubs.

True. But he isnt going to have the same clout as Fergie. Utd's new chief executive... he is a banker... I can see him being a dick to Moyes.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
True. But he isnt going to have the same clout as Fergie. Utd's new chief executive... he is a banker... I can see him being a dick to Moyes.

He will. Whilst SAF and Bobby Charlton are directors, the manager will have 100% power. Even if we finish 4th for the next 3 years, that won't change.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He will. Whilst SAF and Bobby Charlton are directors, the manager will have 100% power. Even if we finish 4th for the next 3 years, that won't change.

SAF and Bobby Charlton are like the royal family... they r there for show! Do you really think the Glazer's give a 2 penny fuck abt them?

Like I say, Fergie's era was different. Also, Martin Edwards was a friend to Fergie, Peter Kenyon was a friend to Fergie and Gill was a friend to Fergie... as a combo they cud face the Glazers with eyes level. This new guy? He is a J.P. Morgan person... he is a friend to no1. He is there to do Glazer's bidding (skimming even more money off the top).

Last edited:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
SAF and Bobby Charlton are like the royal family... they r there for show! Do you really think the Glazer's give a 2 penny fuck abt them?

Like I say, Fergie's era was different. Also, Martin Edwards was a friend to Fergie, Peter Kenyon was a friend to Fergie and Gill was a friend to Fergie... as a combo they cud face the Glazers with eyes level. This new guy? He is a J.P. Morgan person... he is a friend to no1. He is there to do Glazer's bidding (skimming even more money off the top).

Just curious what you are basing this all off? The guy has only been in the job for a couple days.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just curious what you are basing this all off? The guy has only been in the job for a couple days.

History... it fucking repeats itself.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Kenyon wasn't a friend of SAF. He screwed us over.

Fergie had 1 supporter at United - Bobby Charlton. Moyes has two supporters at United - Charlton and SAF.

For all their faults, the Glazers at least leave the football side of things to other people. You don't make much more money finishing first than you do finishing 3rd. It's a few million. All the Glazers care about is that we continue to bankroll their family.

Moyes has come in and sacked 3 people that have been at United for a combined period of about 40 years. The Rooney situation is up to him entirely, he's got full control and will be given time. SAF and Bobby Charlton will make sure he's ok.

Moyes isn't my pick either, I don't think he's that good, but he's here to stay.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sometime during the coming season, a lot of Mancs are gonna ask for Giggs to replace Moyes..

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs has become player-coach whilst Phil Neville has returned to become a coach as well. Nicky Butt recently joined and Scholes probably will too.

Who would your pick have been manutd fan? And a realistic one, not Pep or Jurgen etc.

Pep was already taken by Bayern so I wanted Mourinho or Klopp (don't see why that isn't realistic).

Guardiola was strange as it's a fact that SAF flew to America a few times to meet Pep for whatever reason. No one knows what it was about though, and at the time SAF didn't decide to retire. I wouldn't have minded Ancelotti either tbh. Or Hiddink. Or Heynkes or whatever he's called. Basically any of the top managers.

Sometime during the coming season, a lot of Mancs are gonna ask for Giggs to replace Moyes..

They'll be calling for SAF to return. If SAF comes to OT then the camera will be on him all match whenever we're losing.

Looking at the start to the season we have, it's possible fans will be calling for Moyes' head in September :lol:

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I cant remeber... ManUtd mate help me out... have we ever had a foreign manager? I think they made the choice by going Bristih.

None British I wud have gone for Michael Laudrup or that Argentinian from Spain... I 4get his name but guy plays good football.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Klopp (don't see why that isn't realistic).

From the interviews he has conducted you can see there is no chance he is leaving Dortmund, atleast until his current contract is up.

I cant remeber... ManUtd mate help me out... have we ever had a foreign manager? I think they made the choice by going Bristih.

A google search reveals, 9 English, 8 Scottish, 1 Walsh and 1 Irish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Manchester_United_F.C._managers

Looking at that, only 19 managers in their entire history. Chelsea have had 19 over the last 25 years :lol::lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nice 1, Neutral.

9 English, 8 Scottish, 1 Walsh and 1 Irish... respect to that man!

Peter Kenyon - Overall he did his job well, he looked after a PLC in the right way. Then he fucked us over on the Ronny deal when he was abt to join Chelsea himself... fuck that, I bear him no ill will.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nice 1, Neutral.

9 English, 8 Scottish, 1 Walsh and 1 Irish... respect to that man!

Peter Kenyon - Overall he did his job well, he looked after a PLC in the right way. Then he fucked us over on the Ronny deal when he was abt to join Chelsea himself... fuck that, I bear him no ill will.

Not just Ronaldinho. He took all our notes on players we were looking at with him to Chelsea. Literally every player we were in for, Chelsea suddenly wanted and usually got by paying more money.

Robben, Essien, Duff. Few more too. He's a dick - always has been. He also tried to take Rio Ferdinand to Chelsea with him by offering him the world (part of the reason Rio has never been that popular with the fans).

SAF didn't always have a good relationship with the board either. They wouldn't let him sign Batistuta and Salas due to the wages. Kluivert too I believe though I could be wrong. The first two names are a fact though.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
293551.jpg

A prestigious manager fitting for such a prestigious club.

Apparently, Rooney's staying.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cagliari pres.Cellino:"2yrs ago I bought West Ham.If in italian football wd happen 1/10 of things that happen in England,we wd all b jailed"

Shady, shady league.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
it's cellino, can't trust a man who's been to jail :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
He's just so chillllll
boqo3_vciaeo6z2.jpg

BNnTgzjCEAEYgDg.jpg:large

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I have decided to support Southampton next season. :thumbsup:

I already wiki'd them, and played 3 months of FM with them, so I think I know them well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule