Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm sorry I would take you seriously if Barcelona players didn't perfect the art of diving and surrounding the ref to ask for cards.

Disgusting club with disgusting players and the most disgusting attitude. On the pitch and off it. On the pitch you have divers like Busquetes, Iniesta, Puyol, Pedro, Alves, and the rest of course. Even Mascherano and Villa instantly became pathetic divers once they joined that shit club. Every team has its divers but with Barcelona it is a philosophy. Player X dives then his team-mates surround the ref to ask for a card. Pathetic. Then after the match if things don't go their way, they blast the ref, the opponents for not playing football the "right" way, and turn on the sprinklers. If they win it's a victory for football and let's hold the Catalan flag. But when Spain win the World Cup suddenly they're Spanish, despite having a revolution(?) a day before the World Cup for the independence of Catalunya.

That's just on the pitch. Because off it, their attitude is not much better either. The "Més que un club" bullshit and the "only club to never wear ads on their shirt" crap. Trying so hard to feel special that once they wore a sponsor on their shirt it was "Unicef" so that it's for a "good reason". All the hypocritical cuntish saga surrounding Cesc led by faithful Catalan cunts Puyol and Xavi, who the fuck gave them the right to speak for Cesc? "He wants to join", "Arsenal shouldn't let him stay against his will" and Alves with his "Arsenal are not on our level and it is normal for him to want to join Barcelona to win everything". I mean seriously what the fuck is that about? Even the mayor joined in the Cescfest by declaring he is "kidnapped". My god I have never seen more pathetic bunch. Has their ever been any obvious case of tapping up? But that's not even the problem, the problem is that they're proud of it all. They even go as far as asking players to hand a transfer request to lower the fee and "ease" the transfer process. Seriously, who the fuck do they think they are?

I could go on for days, so to make a long story short: If you support Barcelona then don't come talking to me about attitude. Ever.

Tell us how you really feel...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Btw fuck age. Let's sign lugano and play 5 cbs. Thiago, nesta, yepes, mexes, lugano

Lugano did a very good game. And he is a total champion in aerial balls.

But his personality and ability as a captain and organizer of the defense is what really makes him special. Few CB's, even on the big stage have this qualities. He makes the defense works, he organizes all the marking. The players listen and obey to him.

He can easily jump into a big team and make the effect that Van Bommel had here, Lúcio had in Inter...

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't see this as a big deal.

The guy is on a very intense game, his adrenaline is sky levels, he got hitted quite a lot during the game, a very nervous and intense game... Of course he will start to complain. In part he was trying to get refree decisions on his side, but part is the heat of the game. Not every players is cool headed and want to look classy. But he didn't hurt no one, it's just whinning, the refree's are strong enough to deal with it.

He going down easily was very useful for Uruguay. It slowed the game, it resulted in dangerous set pieces and on Mascherano red card.

I understand, but complaining to a referee is one thing, sarcastic applause as if he's an idiot is another. Not every player is cool headed but I would at least expect him to behave himself to a certain level when he is playing for his country.

And yes, it helped Uruguay but that doesn't make it any better to me lol.

I could go on for days, so to make a long story short: If you support Barcelona then don't come talking to me about attitude. Ever.

You could, but you would only embarrass yourself more.

What is it with people not understanding més que un club too? I have spoken to English people who link it with shirt sponsorship? Who is telling you this? :lol:

Last edited:

Fiero

Reaction score
You could, but you would only embarrass yourself more.

What is it with people not understandingmés que un club too? I have spoken to English people who link it with shirt sponsorship? Who is telling you this? :lol:

I know it's unrelated, but it goes with the whole philosophy of the club. The whole arrogance. That image of always trying to make themselves feel special, and to fool foreigners into thinking they're better than the rest.

I'm a bit disappointed you chose to completely ignore my points and not even try to counter them. It would be nice to hear your side of the story. Maybe I'm wrong after all, even though I highly doubt it. And of course it is embarrassing to speak about this shit hole of a club. :)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
fiero is more drunk than me i think.

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I know it's unrelated, but it goes with the whole philosophy of the club. The whole arrogance. That image of always trying to make themselves feel special, and to fool foreigners into thinking they're better than the rest.

I'm a bit disappointed you chose to completely ignore my points and not even try to counter them. It would be nice to hear your side of the story. Maybe I'm wrong after all, even though I highly doubt it. And of course it is embarrassing to speak about this shit hole of a club. :)

But lol, where do I start?

Not everyone in Catalunya wants independence. Many people always support Spain. Anyone protesting for independence will not suddenly support the team, no.

més que un club to "feel special". I cringed.

Fàbregas has not told Xavi or Puyol to stay quiet. If he does, then ok. Why hasn't he? And Arsenal can talk when they don't raid Barça for young players. So yeah :thumbsup:

Like someone posted here before, "the mayor" :lol: This is the mayor of Cesc's town, someone here said it was the "mayor of catalunya" lol. He doesn't speak for Barça. I don't know what the fuck he's saying but it's not Barça's business what he thinks.

Alves quote proven to be false as far as I know.

And no, again wrong. If Rosell says players taking a pay-cut is a sign they want to play for the club, that is one thing. He can't tell Cesc to make a transfer request, he can only make a bid. Sando saying Cesc wants to play for Barça is what the whole world knows already.

Fooling foreigners thing: Yes, we target the simple ones. We are not as successful as the Daily Mail in England yet though :(

For example, someone on here like manutd an is knowledgeable, not an idiot.

But why is it that so many English fans believe everything they read? This is the case with Barça lately.

Are you English?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Quatre Barres, most people on here aren't English. I can only think of 5 English members who regularly post.

For example, someone on here like manutd an is knowledgeable, not an idiot.

Bang on mate.

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Quatre Barres, most people on here aren't English. I can only think of 5 English members who regularly post.

Really?

I thought most would be British if not from US since it is for English speakers and football is so popular in UK.

Haha! :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really?

I thought most would be British if not from US since it is for English speakers and football is so popular in UK.

Haha! :D

Nope. Barcelona are probably the most popular foreign team in England. You go to any sports shop and you'll see Barcelona shirts all over the place.

Football is huge here but 99% of football fans in England support an English team.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
uruguay<3... muslera is just quality..lazio:fp:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This game made me realize a few things.

If Flamini looked "cuter"(n/h)
mathieu-flamini.jpg

then he'd be Higauin
2010%5C6%5C13%5C3832927-higuain_210tmb.jpg

If Messi and Ibra had a baby
Abidal-Slaps-Messi.jpg

_2BCEAC32_4D1D_40AB_AADA_C1DF657E2879_.jpg

Then it would be Burdisso
nicolas-burdisso.jpg

t058dh03.jpg

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
This game made me realize a few things.

If Flamini looked "cuter"(n/h)
mathieu-flamini.jpg

then he'd be Higauin
2010%5C6%5C13%5C3832927-higuain_210tmb.jpg

If Messi and Ibra had a baby
Abidal-Slaps-Messi.jpg

_2BCEAC32_4D1D_40AB_AADA_C1DF657E2879_.jpg

Then it would be Burdisso
nicolas-burdisso.jpg

t058dh03.jpg

EXACTLY..i was wondering about this burdisso thing too.. the resemblance is even more uncanny as both of them grow the same crappy moustache:lol:

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
caceres has really nice skin and hair. I'd like to make love to a girl with his skin and hair

Post of thread :star:

Nope. Barcelona are probably the most popular foreign team in England. You go to any sports shop and you'll see Barcelona shirts all over the place.

Football is huge here but 99% of football fans in England support an English team.

Wow, I am actually VERY surprised. The shirts in sports shops I understand because the team is winning, I guess that will go away when the good times are over. But a lot of times, I see newspaper websites in England with anti-Barça articles haha. Or crazy false quotes. Laporta was very aggressive with Arsenal, with Sandro it has been more calm.

Arsenal got pretty mad, Joan didn't give one single fuck :D

joan+laporta+party+8.jpg

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Post of thread :star:

Wow, I am actually VERY surprised. The shirts in sports shops I understand because the team is winning, I guess that will go away when the good times are over. But a lot of times, I see newspaper websites in England with anti-Barça articles haha. Or crazy false quotes. Laporta was very aggressive with Arsenal, with Sandro it has been more calm.

Arsenal got pretty mad, Joan didn't give one single fuck :D

]

Barcelona have been the most popular foreign team for years. Probably since the early 2000's and it's never really changed. Even when Madrid had Beckham/Owen/Ronaldo/Zidane/Figo they were never ahead of Barca.

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Barcelona have been the most popular foreign team for years. Probably since the early 2000's and it's never really changed. Even when Madrid had Beckham/Owen/Ronaldo/Zidane/Figo they were never ahead of Barca.

That's really great but I'm surprised. Barça had very ordinary teams for years. Barça gained lots of worldwide fans because of Ronaldinho anyway. Before that I don't know why the popularity in England. We have usually had good relations with English clubs though. Manchester United for sure, Liverpool too.

There's a huge difference between how the actual clubs relate and how their online fans do, obviously

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
so is this farca manure wankfest thread please go to spanish and epl thread please
call UNICEF now to moderate

bunch of assholes. somebody post highlights of todays games

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so is this farca manure wankfest thread please go to spanish and epl thread please
call UNICEF now to moderate

bunch of assholes. somebody post highlights of todays games

penos

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I always hated muslera's face for some reason.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

growth hormone fading in messi :cry:

He had a good game tbh. Very good assist for Higuain goal. Unlucky not to get through. But am happy Uruguay are through. After the world cup i really wanted them to win something. Special generation of players for them.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
On the bright side tevez wont be asking to go home any time soon :D ... He just might stay at mancity now.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A full yellow moon in the sky, a Stadium called Elephant Cemetery, Uruguay aka the worst visitors ever... You can't ignore those signs and toy with the forces of football. I'm sure Argentina kinda commited suicide today. By the time Perez was sent off it was clear the fate of Argentina was already sealed.

Yeah I'm drunk right now.

At least I can make nonsense theories about this instead of lame transfers rumours. At least we have real football in July.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cry for yourself, Argentinaaa :lol: Well done, Uruguay!

I hate Di Maria's face.....perfect punching bag

Total agreement there. Him along with Nani have the punch-worthiest faces.

AlexT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
T.Silva, Nesta, Maldini, Fabregas, Rui Costa, SES
why is hard for me?

I never said that he is a bad player.. is a good player.

But think about it..
Uruguay 1 man down.. Uruguay tired, Uruguay giving a lot of space.. the attention was only for Messi.. Everything perfect to Pastore shine.

Trying shoots from long distance.. Zabaleta tried too.

I just find it hilarious that when Ganso plays bad, leading the tournament in failed passes and completely disappearing, you find hundreds of excuses why he's being playing bad and say that he wasn't that bad, but with Pastore, who played much better than Ganso, you say that he should have done better. :rolleyes: Yeah, right. Apparently Pastore should have single-handedly saved Argentina when even Messi--the best payer in the world--couldn't do it. You're being ridiculous, buddy. Ridiculously biased.

Don't even bother replying to me. I'm not interested in your answer.

Schedule