Mark van Bommel Thread

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mvb is a an anti fotballing god. I sooo do not want him in this team no matter how good he is at what he does. I just hate this kind of fotball.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Mvb is a an anti fotballing god. I sooo do not want him in this team no matter how good he is at what he does. I just hate this kind of fotball.

What do you hate about him exactly??? I don't understand at all. He's a better footbal player than any of our defending mids and is a great defending midfielder himself as well. I don't know what you're on too?? Is he an unfair player?? If you think so.. you know nothing about him.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Dutch news sites report that Bayern don't want to sell Van Bommel in the last week of January. They say there will be no deal.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Dutch news sites report that Bayern don't want to sell Van Bommel in the last week of January. They say there will be no deal.

Thank you Bayernnn

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan

Dont worry, they havent met Uncle Fester yet ;)

Last edited:

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We don't need another defensive-oriented midfielder, we'd better go for a LB.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
maybe this is actually a smoke screen for another deal

sammy22

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Binho, Pato its time to dream and see you in a few years Mario
I think we are fine in midfeild right now. I dotn want Merkel and Starrser being cut out of the team altogether

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hope he doesn't come to Milan.
Seriously, only depth we need is a contant CL performance where we can't afford shaky Ambro or Gatuso. However Flamini in holding role against physical team will be much less liability than another senator.
Has anyone seen him play lately. He is Bayern version of our Dorf. Still thinks he can but he can't.
I am sure if Dorf was free some top team would also take him as a short term 'creatie midfielder' solution.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
fuck. :mad:

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=43749

gattuso, ambrosini, seedorf, pirlo, flamini, boateng, emanuelson, van bommel, merkel, strasser. 10 midfielders. the time of youth players like strasser or merkel is over.

typical milan. signing a 33 years-old midfielder with big name, who is doesn't wanted anymore from his club.

and no he is not better than the players we have. people who hates seedorf, will hate van bommel too. bayern-fans want him out like many milan-fans want seedorf out.

with the difference that van bommel doesn't get a new contract from his club...

that transfer is a step back. we need fresh blood, not the shit from other top-clubs.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I think Van bommel would be a smart move. Lets not forget , Urby will probably end up as are starting LB in about a months time . Boateng will be out for another month . Pirlo has been injured on and off all year long . Same thing with flamini . Merkel and strasser are real good but in a big game we need a bigger more experienced player . I think MVB would be a nice swoop . What a transfer window , cassano-urby and now maybe MVB .

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
fuck. :mad:

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=43749

gattuso, ambrosini, seedorf, pirlo, flamini, boateng, emanuelson, van bommel, merkel, strasser. 10 midfielders. the time of youth players like strasser or merkel is over.

typical milan. signing a 33 years-old midfielder with big name, who is doesn't wanted anymore from his club.

and no he is not better than the players we have. people who hates seedorf, will hate van bommel too. bayern-fans want him out like many milan-fans want seedorf out.

with the difference that van bommel doesn't get a new contract from his club...

that transfer is a step back. we need fresh blood, not the shit from other top-clubs.

my main issue is that thats a packed midfield, and its not exactly creative, its very workman like. We've been saying all season we need some midfielders that can link midfield and attack, and I dont really see MvB as that man. Prince and Flams dont seams to be able to play more than a couple of games consistently, so another option to them would have been nice. Also, it doesn't really give us much room for a couple of younger, high quality midfilders in the Summer, I had still harboured hopes of Jucilei and Lamela/Ganso type players in the Summer :(

He'll help with Serie A, but he's not exactly the sort of player I'd hope to see as we looked to build for the future!

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
You guys worry too much, Ibra and Van Bommel will be hugging and kissing in no time.

Most of you thought Cassano and Ibra will have issues and they already have great chemistry.

Give MvB some time and the midfield will look good.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
You guys worry too much, Ibra and Van Bommel will be hugging and kissing in no time.

Most of you thought Cassano and Ibra will have issues and they already have great chemistry.

Give MvB some time and the midfield will look good.

He's got such a great point, you know. Everyone thought Cassano was going to be a disaster for us (reporters, anti-Milanista, other football fans, not us Milan fans) and bam! They're fucking wrong, Cassano and Ibra are amazing and they play alongside together just fine. MvB and Ibra won't hate each other if MvB comes to Milan.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
MvB is a secret guilty pleasure - he's excellent, though why Milan would sign him ahead of

1) a left back
2) a creative midfielder
3) a left back

I have no idea.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Another issue with this signing is that people keep going on about us having great primavera prospects, we just need a couple of playrs of high quality coming into their prime to bridge the gap. MvB will join Ambro, Gatt and Pirlo in midfield as our seniors, with Flams, Prince and Urby as our players technically coming into their prime.

Those 3 aren't exactly going to strike fear into Barca, Arsenal, Chelsea or Real, it would have been nice to think that we might have been able to sign a couple of younger, higher quality midfielders that were going to link our attack and be the creative heart behind our front trident.

We'll obviously have to wait and see what happens in the Summer, but if we get Lazzari as well at some point, we're not getting Ganso, Jucilei, Lamela, Pastore, Modric, whoever... We're trying to lower wages, yet our midfield is packed with players, and to me come next season its not exactly a WC midfield unit :(

Add to that our penny pinching over a long term nesta replacement and LB, I'm not really excited...

Urby, MvB, Lazzari, maybe Mexes or Astori and a LB... Not exactly breaking boundries or making Milan the force they once were now is it? I think if we get Criscito, we can work Urby and him as a decent left handside, but I'd hoped we might have been in a position to get Sakho in the Summer, but its obvious we're trawling the bargain bucket for signings, are there any other Binho/Ibra quality players planning on falling out with their teams over the Summer?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
What I'd say with Van Bommel is, he won't obstruct Strasser and Merkel much because he's 33, he won't be around too long.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
What I'd say with Van Bommel is, he won't obstruct Strasser and Merkel much because he's 33, he won't be around too long.

Merkel is a different kind of player, so Merkel can stay and should get minutes (instead of Seedorf). But now we have 5 DM's, and all are good, so Strasser easily can be 5th choice (okay, for 2 (or sometimes even 3) positions, but still) and see the pitch little. That's what bothers me the most, maybe we should loan Strasser out. Merkel should stay, while we actually need him.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Merkel is a different kind of player, so Merkel can stay and should get minutes (instead of Seedorf). But now we have 5 DM's, and all are good, so Strasser easily can be 5th choice (okay, for 2 (or sometimes even 3) positions, but still) and see the pitch little. That's what bothers me the most, maybe we should loan Strasser out. Merkel should stay, while we actually need him.

I know that, I was just saying them both as an example of youth, but yes. I don't think there's much of a problem, 2 sometimes 3 dm's will need to play, Ambrosini, Gattuso etc will need to be rested before champions league games, Van Bommel can only play in the league games, so with rotation I don't think there's much of a problem tbh, I think it's a very good signing.

my only problem would be that still no left back has been signed.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB is a secret guilty pleasure - he's excellent, though why Milan would sign him ahead of

1) a left back
2) a creative midfielder
3) a left back

I have no idea.

he's not excellent, why should bayern want get rid of him when he's so good?

people in my country think seedorf is excellent, because he has a great reputation and they don't see him week for week and only saw few highlight-games where he was good.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
Van Bommel is impressive defensively, but he's also comfortable on the ball, he's good at moving the ball from defence to attack (better than any other DM in the squad at least) and he can single handedly dominate midfields at times (tore through United's 3 man midfield in the champions league last season)

EDIT: also, he's got more of a presence about him than any midfielder in the squad atm, I think he can really impose himself and intimidate opponents better than any other defensive midfielder in the squad.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
in theory that sounds great, but in the field he's pure average this season.

reputation perfect, performances mediocre.

Schedule