German Bundesliga Thread

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bundesliga is totally CRAZY this year. I should really follow it more closely because you can never tell what's going to happen... LOL... not only at the top... the gap between 7th + 16th (relegation zone) is a whopping 5 points... BUT it's springtime + weekends are short + stuffs + Bundesliga has never been my fave league anyway...... :tongue:

Rex

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Bundesliga is totally CRAZY this year. I should really follow it more closely because you can never tell what's going to happen... LOL... not only at the top... the gap between 7th + 16th (relegation zone) is a whopping 5 points... BUT it's springtime + weekends are short + stuffs + Bundesliga has never been my fave league anyway...... :tongue:

I do notice it. I think this is the season's craziest chase into standings compared to other leagues whom the table toppers are too much 'dominance' + running alone from 'subordinate'. Take a look at predictable Ligue 1, Eredivisie, or Lega Calcio who are not having much thinking the soon-to-be-#1. Kinda boring though. Aside from who will get the UCL spot, UEFA and relegation zone are the only way to acknowledge before the season ends. Bundesliga has own 'recipe' to stealing the show anyway. Too bad, your own Bundesliga has never been your fave league... :)

Football pundit yet to have courageous who will be Deuschter Meister this season. :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Kahn in awe of mighty Milan

FC Bayern München captain Oliver Kahn offered high praise to AC Milan after the Rossoneri ended his side's hopes of a place in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals with a 2-0 victory in Germany.

Best in Europe

Suspended for the 2-2 first-leg draw at San Siro last week, Kahn was back between the posts at the Fußball Arena München but it was to prove an unhappy return. Having weathered some early pressure, Milan struck twice in four minutes through Clarence Seedorf and Filippo Inzaghi midway through the first half and there was no way back for Bayern. "Milan are the best team in Europe," Kahn reflected. "They are solid in defence, very fast, very professional and play at the highest technical level. They must be favourites to win the competition."

Youthful promise
The Italian team must find a way past Manchester United FC in the last four before entertaining thoughts of the final in Athens, and Kahn believes it will not be too long before Bayern find themselves in a similar position. "We have a good young team with players like Philipp Lahm, Andreas Ottl, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Christian Lell," said the 37-year-old, who has made 103 UEFA Champions League appearances - a shade under twice as many as that quartet combined. "They are the future and in four or five years Bayern could be a real force."

Reflective mood
By then, of course, Kahn is likely to have brought the curtain down on his glittering career, and he was left to dream of what might have been as team-mates departed behind him, heads bowed. "In a way, it might have been better if we had lost the first leg, as we did against Real Madrid [CF in the last 16]," he mused. "If that had happened then we would have played with a bit more intensity, showed more aggression from the kick-off. We might have had a chance." Sadly for Bayern and Kahn, once Milan had rattled them with those quick-fire goals, they stood none.

source

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
Werder Bremen vs Aachen (1)

Prediction. Bremen will win more than 2 goals.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Milanista said:
Werder Bremen vs Aachen (1)

Prediction. Bremen will win more than 2 goals.
already loosing 0-1,pinto scored in the second minute

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista said:
yeah thnx God, and they are the leaders for the moment, waiting for the Schalke-Cottbus game

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Schalke-Cottbus 2-0
Stuttgart-Bayern 2-0

Bayern is now 9 pts behind Schalke, but more important 5 pts behind Stuttgart on 3rd place. So maybe next season no Bayern in CL. :)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gatusso warrior said:
Schalke-Cottbus 2-0
Stuttgart-Bayern 2-0

Bayern is now 9 pts behind Schalke, but more important 5 pts behind Stuttgart on 3rd place. So maybe next season no Bayern in CL. :)
:D i would love that

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
gatusso warrior said:
Schalke-Cottbus 2-0
Stuttgart-Bayern 2-0

How many games left in the season? I wouldn't mind not having Bayern around in CL, though :D. Schalke, Bremen and Stuttgart will be a decent change.

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
gaizka22 said:
How many games left in the season? I wouldn't mind not having Bayern around in CL, though :D. Schalke, Bremen and Stuttgart will be a decent change.
Four games left and this is shedule of three candidates for title:

Schalke
Bochum (A)
Nurnberg (H)
Dortmund (A)
Bielefeld (H)

Bremen
Bielefeld (A)
Herta (A)
Frankfurt (H)
Wolsburg (A)

Stuttgart
Gladbach (A)
Mainz (H)
Bochum (A)
Cottbus (H)

Stuttgart has best draw of those three but with four points behind probably 2nd place is highest they can get.
Bremen has three away games, so probably if something spectacular dont happened Schalke is new meister in Germany.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gatusso warrior said:
Four games left and this is shedule of three candidates for title:

Schalke
Bochum (A)
Nurnberg (H)
Dortmund (A)
Bielefeld (H)

Bremen
Bielefeld (A)
Herta (A)
Frankfurt (H)
Wolsburg (A)

Stuttgart
Gladbach (A)
Mainz (H)
Bochum (A)
Cottbus (H)

Stuttgart has best draw of those three but with four points behind probably 2nd place is highest they can get.
Bremen has three away games, so probably if something spectacular dont happened Schalke is new meister in Germany.
everything will be decided in the last week i guess

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Don't Schalke have one of the larger followings in Germany? I'm routing for Werder, but considering the Schalke faithful + the fact they've never won the Bundesliga before (correct me if I'm wrong here), I guess it'd be fine if Schalke win it.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gatusso warrior said:
so probably if something spectacular dont happened Schalke is new meister in Germany.
That's as bad as Bayern becoming Deutscher Meister :rolleyes:

I still hope for a Werder-Wunder :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Really? Is it because they're as popular as Bayern or something else? Anyway, in that case, hope Schalke fucks up :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
^^ Really? Is it because they're as popular as Bayern or something else? Anyway, in that case, hope Schalke fucks up :D
LOL.. I bet there are thousands if not millions who dare to differ... but to me it's the same difference, as I dislike... STRONGLY dislike... both Bayern + Schalke. Maybe they 'deserve' a title after waiting 49 years... :o ... but I would really live easier with Stuttgart.. or much much better of course... WERDER pulling it off somehow ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Kinda see what you mean. I've always liked Werder and not in a victim-of-Juve kind of way. I like their policies (picking good coaches + sticking with them) + what they've achieved with a relative smaller budget + their attractive football, first and foremost. Haven't really heard much of Schalke aside from their popularity + lack of league titles. So, if it means them painfully missing out (again) on a title in dramatic circumstances for Werder to triumph, so be it :devil:

Besides, they kinda remind me of Inter ... finally winning the Bundesliga when Dortmund, Bayern + to a much lesser degree, Werder (UEFA Cup) aren't as strong as they usually are.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Haven't really heard much of Schalke aside from their popularity + lack of league titles.
Used to be Adolf's favorite back in those days + won 6 out of their 7 championships 1934 - 1942... that's what I vaguely remember. Now, their new major sponsor is Gazprom, that's the Russian gas monopoly that took over Sibneft from Roman Abramovich for $13 billion in case the name sounds familiar, + with the money I'm sure a bit of new success can + will be bought.

As for Bayern, Beckenbauer has demanded a 'radical overhaul' while Hitzfeld is still 'analyzing' the situation + Hoeness + Rummenigge are getting increasingly agitated.. Good fun :D

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Used to be Adolf's favorite back in those days + won 6 out of their 7 championships 1934 - 1942... that's what I vaguely remember.
Really? I thought he was a Vienna fan after putting them in the German division and having them win it?

Btw, as I don't know where to find any info on it, how are Koln doing in the second division? Will they be returning to the Bundesliga next season? I kind of like them.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Btw, as I don't know where to find any info on it, how are Koln doing in the second division? Will they be returning to the Bundesliga next season? I kind of like them.
"Only 4 points separates these two teams and both are sitting on mid table but a few good results from now should push them up the table to chase for promotion spot.

"I cannot believe the value given to the home side in this game. Home side has the second best home form in the league, they won 10 games and lost twice only.

"Koln's away form is poor [as] they always struggle to get goals but concede a lot of goals.

"Home side [Ergebirge] has won thier last 3 home games consecutively and lost their last game which was an away game. I expect them to bounce back here and will not lose it.

"Take Ergebirge on level asian handicap." (AsianHandicap.com)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Really? I thought he was a Vienna fan after putting them in the German division and having them win it?
Pffff... I used to think Schalke were the ones who were kind of 'instrumentalized' + I would be surprised if I was mistaken.. No idea about Vienna + too lazy to find info.

Tsar said:
Köln ? They're currently 10th in the 2. Bundesliga, no chance to win promotion this year I'm afraid. Why would you like them ?

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Pffff... I used to think Schalke were the ones who were kind of 'instrumentalized' + I would be surprised if I was mistaken.. No idea about Vienna + too lazy to find info.

Köln ? They're currently 10th in the 2. Bundesliga, no chance to win promotion this year I'm afraid. Why would you like them ?
Well I don't want to delve too far in to a dark part of history, but when Hitler annexed Austria, he combined the two nations football leagues. Rapid Wien went on to win the expanded Bundesliga, beating Shalke to it I believe. It was because of this, and him being Austrian, that I assumed he favoured them in some way.

Koln, ( I wish I could also put the correct punctuation) - I don't so much like the club, (I know little about them), but the city and its stadium, I did a big architecture project on Germany's stadia just before the world cup, and was very taken by their understated, efficient design. Of all the stadia in the tournament I found it was the most "German", very Bauhaus, a design classic. Anyway, I won't bore you with anymore, I was just curious as to how the club was getting on.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Well I don't want to delve too far in to a dark part of history, but when Hitler annexed Austria,
Well, that's right, Austria got annexed + their league became part of the Gauliga (I think it was called then). No idea how many times an Austrian team won the league, but Schalke won 6 titles in 8 years then.

Tsar said:
Of all the stadia in the tournament I found it was the most "German", very Bauhaus, a design classic. Anyway, I won't bore you with anymore, I was just curious as to how the club was getting on.
Bauhaus-inspired indeed.

Luftbild-NordWest_2004_570.jpg

I really don't follow the 2nd division closely, I keep up with the results of the 'East' German teams + that's it.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Well, that's right, Austria got annexed + their league became part of the Gauliga (I think it was called then). No idea how many times an Austrian team won the league, but Schalke won 6 titles in 8 years then.

Bauhaus-inspired indeed.

Luftbild-NordWest_2004_570.jpg

I really don't follow the 2nd division closely, I keep up with the results of the 'East' German teams + that's it.
I think they won it just the once, 1941.

Are you being sarcastic, I sometimes can't tell with you. I didn't mean it looks like the Bauhaus itself. But it follows the design principles of the Bauhaus - creating a functional and rational aesthetic with sole emphises on vertical and horizontal structural members, a type of minimalism if you will.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tsar said:
Are you being sarcastic, I sometimes can't tell with you. I didn't mean it looks like the Bauhaus itself. But it follows the design principles of the Bauhaus - creating a functional and rational aesthetic with sole emphises on vertical and horizontal structural members, a type of minimalism if you will.
That's why I called it Bauhaus-inspired ;) And just posted the image to provide a visual impression to those who didn't take A-level Art ;)

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
My sincerest apologies then. :)

So do I sense a tone of agreement? I always thought you were more of an Allianz kinda gal? :tongue: