Shevchenko gets away with it.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
NO UEFA INQUEST AGAINST SHEVA
4/13/2005
NYON - UEFA have announced that they will not be opening an inquest in Andriy Shevchenko's clash with Marco Materazzi during Inter-Milan. The striker will be free to play in the semi-final. A UEFA spokesman said that after the viewing of the match video, it appeared that the incident occurred in front of the assistant referee, who did not indicate anything to referee Merk.

per ACMILAN.COM

Thank Christ for that! I know the team played well without him but we need if we're going to go all the way.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, shevchenko
Shevchenko

i don`t know what was going through shevas mind when he did that,
if he had been sent off, then who knows what would have happened later
on, especially if it was 0-0 and Cambiasso`s header was given.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
maldini2005 said:
i don`t know what was going through shevas mind when he did that,
if he had been sent off, then who knows what would have happened later
on, especially if it was 0-0 and Cambiasso`s header was given.

I dont know whats on ur mind to belive that Sheva did that to dirty Materazzi..

Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, shevchenko
besikaka said:
I dont know whats on ur mind to belive that Sheva did that to dirty Materazzi..

You are right, Materazzi IS a dirty player and obviously he could not cope
with the quality & threat that Sheva posed him.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Could stem back to the Euroderby of 2003 when Materazzi almost broke Sheva's leg with a hideous challenge.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Well Materazzi is the player that I hate the most and one of the most dirty player around but Sheva shouldn't have fall under his provocation.I mean I guess that was Inter's game plan,to provoke but Sheva should have kept his cool cos it could have cost us a lot.But on the other hand I wanted so much somebody to kick Materazzi and he got what he deserved but for our luck the ref did not see it :tongue:

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Yup, Materazzi is dirty and most of the derby he always do dirty things!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
cagney said:
Could stem back to the Euroderby of 2003 when Materazzi almost broke Sheva's leg with a hideous challenge.
He neither broke Sheva's leg nor his balls ... Really now, you all have a tendency to exaggerate.

Also Nesta has been playing rather dirty this season, with all his sliding + 'jumping' tackles straight at the feet of the opponent. I guess when you have form probs you tend to compensate by playing more physical in order to get the job done half-way decently, otherwise the opponent just walks by.

Interesting also that Materazzi's diciplinary record isn't that bad at all ;)

As for Sheva's headbutt, I'm not willing to rule out any wrongdoing by default, just cos he's Sheva. Whether he did it to protect himself as some here claim in his defense really couldn't be seen on the TV pictures, but since the incident made quite a few waves there must have been sth. to it. UEFA saw no reason to punish him + that's fine by me as well, as someone has to score against PSV ;)

Last edited:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
KILLERAZZI is 1000 times dirtier than NESTA...

I missed the first 5 minutes of the second leg of CL derby.. Finally, I saw it last night on UEFA.COM... If you see the replay, it was METARAZZI who also came towards (his counts of steps towards SHEVA were more than SHEVA's number of steps towards, if you don't believe me you can count it by seeing the replay)... So, who should have been carded ??? Both of the initiator or since SHEVA held his ground and even moved towards METTARAZZI...

Yes, SHEVA should have been clever not to involve at all or bring the matter to the attention of the referee or the linesman at the first place to begin with...

At the same token the whole incident is blown out of proportion.. May it's SHEVA, so with his stature anything that happens makes big waves of news...

PASSION, I do agree that NESTA has become reckless this season.... and sometimes it is dangerous to the other players.... but, I have never seen the DIRTY vibe with his attitude and bahavior on and off the game..(of course this is a subjective issue and you can always claim that I am being biased towards him because I am a MILANISTA) And that is also true that this is the only season that he is tackling some reckless challenge.. But in his entire career this is the first year he is doing it ...

Of course, with KILLERAZZI, this is exact opposite.. He is being doing that from the inception of his prefessional career as far as I can remember.... So, IMHO if NESTA dirtiness score is 1 then KILLERAZZI's dirtiness score should be 1000 ...

INTER were very clever against SHEVA and I think that they have pre-planned to instigate SHEVA.. Then again, it's not only INTER who would try to do that, all the other teams may adopt to this tactic.... so, we got to be careful, especially the EUROPEAN PLAYER of THE YEAR is forbidden to show that kinda retaliation on the pitch....

Last edited:

Schedule