Marco Amelia Thread

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Not sure if there is a thread for him :-)

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi Reveals Marco Amelia Will Undergo Medical With AC Milan On Monday

goal.com

Pretty good deal :-)

Date of birth: April 2, 1982 (age*28)
Place of birth: Frascati, Rome, Italy
Height: 1.88*m (6*ft 2*in)
Playing position: Goalkeeper

2251713974_0b0694ec6e.jpg

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Oh wait, it's a loan of course... will Abbiati be #1 coming season?

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Good Luck and do your best, makes us to trust you AME :)

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Amelia used to be a good keeper, he's still pretty young as a goalie maybe he can do good for us, if he suck we can always return him back.. it's a loan deal anyway.. not that bad IMO ;)

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Decent signing. We need the money for other places in the squad so 5 million for Storari and Amelia on loan is ok with me.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Average GK at best.

Would have preferred Marcheti or Alves over him.

with his coming, i cant see any upgrade on keepers department.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Welcome to Milan

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm willing to atleast see what he's like before slandering the move.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
amelia is very good gk. but i don't understand this. abbiati is our no1, storari is 99% staying in milan and he's more than capable gk so why signing amelia now? anyway goal.crap says it's just a loan with option to buy.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
amelia is very good gk. but i don't understand this. abbiati is our no1, storari is 99% staying in milan and he's more than capable gk so why signing amelia now? anyway goal.crap says it's just a loan with option to buy.

Storari will join Jube .. who said he's staying?? We get amelia because Storari will be bought by Jube for 5 m

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

We're loaning him, and the ''Storari is 99% staying'' part is a very bad guess...

Storari for 5 mio to Jube, how close is this already?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Galliani did say that Storari was staying. But i guess that was another of his lies as he is now almost certainly leaving.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galliani did say that Storari was staying. But i guess that was another of his lies as he is now almost certainly leaving.

maybe he meant staying away from Sampdoria's offer :D

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Storari will join Jube .. who said he's staying?? We get amelia because Storari will be bought by Jube for 5 m

We're loaning him, and the ''Storari is 99% staying'' part is a very bad guess...

Storari for 5 mio to Jube, how close is this already?

:o

anyway i say storari for amelia is good deal. at least our team will be a bit younger.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
it's kinda weird that they just renewed Storari's contract and now they are selling him

Amelia i'll hope u do great, i was hoping for sombody better butt first we have to wait and see
before i'll say that he's bad, if he's bad we can always send him back

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
anyway i say storari for amelia is good deal. at least our team will be a bit younger.
Oh, that is an awesome reason... :rolleyes:
it's kinda weird that they just renewed Storari's contract and now they are selling him

Without renewing his contract, we would not have gotten 5 mio.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Well we got nothing to loose from this deal, except a couple of clean sheets :D jk. I reckon he would make a decent backup keeper.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Come on two years ago everyone wanted Amelia. He used to be behind Buffon in the NT and at least he won't play for another team and save Dinho's PKs.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
+1000 to adriancg. This year it's diego alves, last year marchetti, year before amelia. Example of POOR market activity, buying a guy right at top of his form, overpriced. I mean you got guys like pato, aguero who r just huge talents and no avoiding a big fee, but for keepers like this.... buying them for 10 mil is a rip off.

Not bad IMO. Goalkeeper is a bit of an overrated position (can anyone name the keeper on Sacchi's invincibles?).

Before I get attacked, yes if you have a guy like Buffon in his prime you have a HUUUUUUGE edge. But after that top teir the difference between amelia, marchetti, storaris, valdes, reinas is just NOT much. They all can have great runs of form, and occasional errors. Point being good defense (which nesta and silva), DMs etc.

Amelia has the talent, worth a shot. Whats there to lose?

BTW at those who wanna spend 10 mil on a keeper? Wouldn't that make diego alves or marchetti 3rd most expensive keeper of all time?! I mean buffon was 40something mil, and cech. After that can you name a keeper who cost more than 5-7 mil? I'm struggling

It's not a position you should be spending heavy money on. Especially if you're budget concious, which milan clearly are.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
+1000 to adriancg. This year it's diego alves, last year marchetti, year before amelia. Example of POOR market activity, buying a guy right at top of his form, overpriced. I mean you got guys like pato, aguero who r just huge talents and no avoiding a big fee, but for keepers like this.... buying them for 10 mil is a rip off.

Not bad IMO. Goalkeeper is a bit of an overrated position (can anyone name the keeper on Sacchi's invincibles?).

Before I get attacked, yes if you have a guy like Buffon in his prime you have a HUUUUUUGE edge. But after that top teir the difference between amelia, marchetti, storaris, valdes, reinas is just NOT much. They all can have great runs of form, and occasional errors. Point being good defense (which nesta and silva), DMs etc.

Amelia has the talent, worth a shot. Whats there to lose?

BTW at those who wanna spend 10 mil on a keeper? Wouldn't that make diego alves or marchetti 3rd most expensive keeper of all time?! I mean buffon was 40something mil, and cech. After that can you name a keeper who cost more than 5-7 mil? I'm struggling

It's not a position you should be spending heavy money on. Especially if you're budget concious, which milan clearly are.

+1

we better spend money on otamendi caceres hernanes or dzeko

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
indeed amelia was pretty decent a couple years back. when you think of having to play Amelia instead of Dida, whose current form left much to be desired, then i see no reason to not want Amelia. A loan deal is very smart too, because again, Amelia is at the moment experiencing a dip in form. when he comes on loan this season, we shall see if this dip in form continues or if he begins to emerge again as a good goalkeeper. if he's no good at the end of 2010-2011 campaign, ship him back to Genoa. it lowers the average age of the squad too so thats another plus. any step that's not backward is a step forward.

:star:I'm never happy:star:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
indeed amelia was pretty decent a couple years back. when you think of having to play Amelia instead of Dida, whose current form left much to be desired, then i see no reason to not want Amelia. A loan deal is very smart too, because again, Amelia is at the moment experiencing a dip in form. when he comes on loan this season, we shall see if this dip in form continues or if he begins to emerge again as a good goalkeeper. if he's no good at the end of 2010-2011 campaign, ship him back to Genoa. it lowers the average age of the squad too so thats another plus. any step that's not backward is a step forward.

:star:I'm never happy:star:
(@ bold part)
that's not true, he played a good season

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Wtf? :rolleyes: GK is the most important position... :rolleyes:

Actually he is the 50% of the team, a fact that has been absented here.

If you can't secure your Net with a decent GK then all your plans will flash deeply in the hole.

Last edited:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
The Best Defender is The GoalKepper

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
another brilliant coup by galliani! :star:

he's on the grind. getting computers computing

silk_tie_yellow_dot.jpg

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Kelvin Davies. £7.5m

But yeah. Buying keepers for around £10m would be like getting a top 3 transfer everytime.

Schedule