Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
How do you have a 5yd head start and not make the attacker deviate at all???

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
The contract of captain Alessio Romagnoli expires in 2022 and Milan want to resolve his future to avoid yet another renewal saga, a report claims.

As Calciomercato.com writes, the cases of Gianluigi Donnarumma and Hakan Calhanoglu ? who are less than 150 days from the expiry of their contract ? shows that it is better to be proactive when it comes to resolving the future of key players.
Talks with agent Mino Raiola are already underway regarding Romagnoli to try to find an agreement before the end of the season.*Raiola wants to insert a release clause in the new contract of the centre-back, and wants to see his client rewarded with a pay rise from the current ?3.5m net per season.
These are requests that at this moment do not find the favour of Milan, who want to keep Romagnoli but under very different conditions than those requested. The player showed his attachment to the Rossoneri by renewing even when the club was not having an easy time under Chinese ownership.
He wants to win trophies with the captain?s armband, but he will have to evaluate the offer that Milan present to Raiola in the coming weeks. Frederic Massara and Paolo Maldini?s idea would be to confirm the current salary at ?3.5m and extend the current deal until 2024.
But for rare exceptions, the owners Elliott Management intend to set a salary cap set at ?4m net per year per player. It is a clear policy from the American fund, who want a winning team but in line with the principles of economic sustainability.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let him go.

From this point on there will be no point discussing his obvious weaknesses and lack of growth. We have been saying the same things over and over, nothing has changed.

Treat him like a ghost until his last day. And when he is gone he no longer exists. We should not pay more attention to garbage.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
does running with your tongue out makes you faster or more ******ed? because he's doing it consistently

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If I was Lukaku I'd call him in the middle of the night and whisper you're slooooow over and over again. He really made him his bitch. AGAIN.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
the best thing you can do right now is to promote donnarumma as captain, and please, go to lazio next summer.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
If I was Lukaku I'd call him in the middle of the night and whisper you're slooooow over and over again. He really made him his bitch. AGAIN.

Shame on you for making fun of the disabled!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Poor guy I feel bad for him

He is not playing his best football but also the whole defence exposed him. Kjaer unfit, no Bennacer and Tonali is a passenger, Theo also does not always defend well and Kessie is tired plus the attacking line is not pressing so well.

We have general defensive problems and its not only Romagnoli

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Getting fleeced in todays newspapers, it seems. Maybe we should hire at 100m sprint coach to help him with his turtleness?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Only hire sprint trainer if it helps him get to the airport and fuck off faster.

Had a strong feeling all 3 of rugani, caldara and romagnoli would flop as footballers. They are part of a conveyor belt of dud Italian center backs. Credit to romagnoli for being the last one to fall when I expected him to be the first.

If pioli continues to play him for the rest of the season with gabbia , tomori and kalulu available then he should get the sack come end of season.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Football is a team sport. If you know your CB is slow, you need to setup your defense accordingly.
Defense setup is on Pioli.

If Pioli thinks his system needs a fast CB, he should have requested one in the summer on in January.
So that one is also on Pioli.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Football is a team sport. If you know your CB is slow, you need to setup your defense accordingly.
Defense setup is on Pioli.

If Pioli thinks his system needs a fast CB, he should have requested one in the summer on in January.
So that one is also on Pioli.

Why? We had Tomori who thrives in this setup. Why change EVERYTHING to suit Romagnoli?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude was like that option on youtube were you can set the speed to 0.75 times the normal.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are plenty of CBs who are slow. But they know how to use their bodies or position themselves so they still pressure the attacker.

Romagnoli just runs, and then gets outpaced

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
But... Kessie was already beaten. :lol:

Can't leave the CB'S with all that exposion.

The team is poorly trained defensively, especially the left side. Romagnoli is having to do his job and Theo's job. He clearly get stuck in the middle against the strikers... (you can almost see the mind of the guy going 'should i attack or cover??) and the striker pass flying by.

Also after his last injury, his physical condition has dropped hard, that is his fault only.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Offer captaincy so player wont leave, this pussy mentallity should be erased from our club, we are ac milan bigger than players even bigger than Maldini/berlusconi.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
please leave. thanks

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Romagnoli.. how u gotta disappoint me like that
giphy.gif

Super22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Romagnoli is over rated. He does has good ball control and positioning but he sucks at tackling. When is the last time you see a tackle from Romagnoli?

He lacks aggression, strength and pace and has not improve for a number of years.

Schedule