Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Once we stabilize our run of matches and starting lineup, it'll be easier for Montella to give him a few Serie A starts here and there. For now, our Andre needs to stay patient and try to learn.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TBH, I'd like to see more Cutrone. Silva hasn't impressed me much, although I aknowledge his potential. Cutrone on the other side is always on fire when called-up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Cutrone is here to stay. He's already at the level of a mid-table team Serie A forward.

Silva will get chances because he's a financial investment and a key asset now. If it doesn't work out, we need to recoup at least a big chunk of the money.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Our Andre won't be here long either if he continues to just stroll around the pitch with the occasional spark of energy.

That's exactly why he'll stay for long :lol: you either leave a traitor or stay long enough to see yourself become a huge liability to the club :lol:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree with you guys, i do like him... but if we are being honest, he is still in learning phase and atm not offering enough to regularly play for the club thats desperate for quick results.
Also agree about Cutrone, he is already at the lvl of some seria A teams.. he is always dangerous when he comes in, he has great potential also... there are many skills that makes a good forward, aside from great technique, he got everything else it seems.
Its a bit shame we have two young strikers to develop, i hope everyone will get fair share of playing time

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Out of Kalinic Silva and Cutrone, Silva is the only one that can create a chance for himself. For example when he hit the post vs Inter, Kalinic or Cutrone can't get out of a tight spot like that and get the shot off.

Cutrone is amazing at making runs, that's what he looks to do every single time. If you watch him, he's ready to start running the moment the midfield touches the ball.

Kalinic does sort of the same, but he brings teammates into play with his flicks etc.

All in all, we have an experienced striker in Kalinic that won't let the pressure get to him while developing 2 talented forwards. After this season I could see Kalinic being phased out for Cutrone and Silva.

Cutrone/Silvas skill set is similar to Inzaghi/Sheva. Not saying they'll reach those levels, but they are talented at similar things

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Agree with you guys, i do like him... but if we are being honest, he is still in learning phase and atm not offering enough to regularly play for the club thats desperate for quick results.
Also agree about Cutrone, he is already at the lvl of some seria A teams.. he is always dangerous when he comes in, he has great potential also... there are many skills that makes a good forward, aside from great technique, he got everything else it seems.
Its a bit shame we have two young strikers to develop, i hope everyone will get fair share of playing time
They do both indeed need some polishing...but I think it's fair to say that Silva is the better and more versatile player. Who is more useful at this point should boil down to just goals and assists. Whoever is producing more, should logically get more playing time.

Out of Kalinic Silva and Cutrone, Silva is the only one that can create a chance for himself. For example when he hit the post vs Inter, Kalinic or Cutrone can't get out of a tight spot like that and get the shot off.

Cutrone is amazing at making runs, that's what he looks to do every single time. If you watch him, he's ready to start running the moment the midfield touches the ball.

Kalinic does sort of the same, but he brings teammates into play with his flicks etc.

All in all, we have an experienced striker in Kalinic that won't let the pressure get to him while developing 2 talented forwards. After this season I could see Kalinic being phased out for Cutrone and Silva.

Cutrone/Silvas skill set is similar to Inzaghi/Sheva. Not saying they'll reach those levels, but they are talented at similar things
Exactly!!!:star::star::star::thumbsup:

And this is why I want Silva to get more time. Either of two things are going to happen. Either he's going to adjust and gain the confidence to shake off his markers and take the shot....or he's going to be a confirmed flop. I'm hoping for the former...but either way we can't drag out this process too much. It hurts the player and the club. We need to know what we have. I think the signs are promising and we can start using him as a ss.

You can't and won't get the better of a defender, especially not a Serie A defender every time you beat them. It might happen once or twice in a game. Ten minutes, like he got in the Chievo game wasn't enough for him and he should have come on before fuckin Montolivo. You can see that even with the little time he got, he was willing to take on the defenders, but he didn't want to make a mistake/give up the ball so he was hesitant.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That´s also his biggest problem, a "runner" goes much better with our other attackers and likewise Silva has problems to fit himself in and tends to be a bit of a soloist.
He will get better with experience but definitely needs to work on this weakness and find the balance.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You guys think he can work as a LW?

I think he could work as the lwf in a front three, if the formation is set up for a lwf. Hakan did very well on the left of Kalininho though.
Suso and Silva on either side of Kalinic is a fifa esque fantasy I admit :D

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he could work as the lwf in a front three, if the formation is set up for a lwf. Hakan did very well on the left of Kalininho though.
Suso and Silva on either side of Kalinic is a fifa esque fantasy I admit :D

That'll quickly end up becoming a 3412 with suso behind the strikers.

I was thinking more like C.Ronaldo type winger from his man U days :proud:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Silva is a CF, he doesn't have enough pace to be a young CR7

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
i think it was signing this guy that turned Raiola into not extending Donnarumma's contract

Silva was announced on June 12th, the decision of Dollar was announced the 15th

no coincidence

Raiola was waiting to extend because he wanted to see who we signed

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
imagine spending 38 million euros so you can be friends with a super agent...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Most people were pretty happy about that if you go through the Commode.

I credit you with saying Silva will prove to be a waste of money. :thumbsup:

Good call

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players

1) Silva is a BOSS. Forget the strikers, we can't even advance the ball to the FUCKING midfield

2) It's not like there's an appreciable difference between him and Kalinic/Cutrone at this point...MILAN IS NOT SCORING.

3)I like how these types of snarky comments are fine for some players but you get called an "Anti-Milan fan" if you say it about other players...most notably Bonucci...who if you haven't noticed isn't setting the world on fire either :rolleyes:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
1)

2) It's not like there's an appreciable difference between him and Cutrone at this point...

38.000.000 euro is the difference

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
38.000.000 euro is the difference

Put Lewandowski/Suarez/Shitzema/Cavani/Morata on the pitch in the same setup where the ball doesn't reach them and when it does, they're already sandwiched between two defenders and you'll get 0 goals also

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is no middle ground on this thread. People either overrate this kid or hate on him for any reason.

Yes he was a bad buy because we needed someone to come in and get goals instantly; he's just a prospect so we shouldn't have expected that from him.

However, now that he's here we just have to go through the growing pains with him and hope he adapts this season.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There is no middle ground on this thread. People either overrate this kid or hate on him for any reason.

Yes he was a bad buy because we needed someone to come in and get goals instantly; he's just a prospect so we shouldn't have expected that from him.

However, now that he's here we just have to go through the growing pains with him and hope he adapts this season.
I don't think I am in either camp. I'm not a hater...but I'm not a groupie either. I really really really want him to succeed because 1) I think I've seen that he has the talent for it and 2) I don't want my club to lose out on the investment. I feel similarly about Cutrone as well.

He just needs a little support that practically any attacker would need to thrive.

No player is bigger than the club though and if he needs to be sacrificed for Milan to do well again then so be it.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As with all youngsters coming to a tougher league, I'll give him at least one full season before judging.

But he really needs to work much much harder. Last match had Bacca like ball control and equally poor movement. In someone of his situation with less matches under the belt and eagerness to impress, matches like yesterday's should have been a chance to be grabbed.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I guess we should not be judging anyone's quality this season under Montella.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
montella made the guy in world XI play like a serie C player, what do you expect?

silva is still avery good player, just wait for another coach

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I don't see anything special in him at all, hopefully he can show something different in a change of manager.

Strikers don't do shit under montella.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We can't make fun of Inter for the Kondogbia signing anymore.

Schedule