The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Which 2 teams will advance out of Group D?
Costa Rica 11 18.03%
Uruguay 42 68.85%
England 16 26.23%
Italy 53 86.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2014, 20:32   #61
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Italy never perform well in group stages. They do much better later in the competition.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 21:14   #62
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
England 7
italy 5
uruguay 4
costa rica 0

vamos england.
England will not pass the group swagger. If Rooney decided to play CF instead of trying to be AM, I may give them a chance.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 22:38   #63
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
italy 9
uruguay 6
costa rica 1
england 1
Nah I expect a draw against Costa Rica

Italy 7
Uruguay 6
Costa Rica 2
England 1
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 00:59   #64
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

The fucking hype.... Still another 4-5 days...
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:06   #65
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Damnn a world cupp just feels such long time agoo

I can't wait for it
Old 10-06-2014, 02:43   #66
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
England will not pass the group swagger. If Rooney decided to play CF instead of trying to be AM, I may give them a chance.
At this point Rooney's best position is on the bench.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:54   #67
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
My man studza aka sturrdige and sterling will decimate all the other teams in this group. You will be surprised, mark my words.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:55   #68
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Winning a champions league is much harder than winning a world cup.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:04   #69
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
What made you say that?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:13   #70
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

The rigorous schedule, 13 games, 2 legged ties and the quality of players are around the same quality as the ones you would normally see in the wc. Besides even ancelotti and mourinho agree, u can have a look, both believe ucl is much harder to win. The main factor that decides this debate imo is the money aspect, since players arent given contractual payments to represent their country, conversely, players in ucl are paid on a regular basis and are also given added incentives based on performances. I am sure players try harder when they are paid more although yes representing your country is quite exciting too.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:31   #71
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

although i agree that winning ucl is much harder than wc, you don't need to be paid to give your best in the world cup.

Signature

<3
AC Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:25   #72
Patri
Kallappam-pothu

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

Quote:
Would you also say that in a given player's career, it is harder to win a World cup than a Champions league? In club football, you play very well and you get calls from the best teams in the world. But for the World Cup, you could end up watching from home like Zlatan

Plus, there are the WC qualifiers to be navigated as well en route to winning a World Cup. That is a lot of matches too.

Signature
Signature

Last edited by Patri; 10-06-2014 at 04:27.
Patri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:43   #73
Dsav
Senior Team Member

The world cup is easier to win than the UCL? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee be joking. No chance.

Even from a pure tournament stand point (1 leg vs 2 legs etc), I still disagree. 1 leg is harder, if you play poorly you are gone. In the champions, you have a second chance.

Ancelotti and Mourinho have never coached on the international level. How do they know? If your country has not got or produced the talent you will not win. Simple.

Today on the club level, money is the key. Look at City, Chelsea, PSG, Real. $$$ The UCL can be eventually be bought, the world cup cannot. Except for Real & Chelsea, none of the teams i mentioned have won the champions league but lets face it due their $$$ they are closer to winning it than Milan are. It wont be long before City and PSG win the champions league. Just like Chelsea did, they were nothing but eventually got there.

If the World cup is easy to win, lets see Ancelotti or Mourinho take over a team like Australia and win? They wont. They have a better chance of taking over a team like Torino for example and winning the champions league. All it takes is money. Rich arab buys Torino, invests money. They are now competitive.

You can pour all the money you want into a Country's football program, but there is no guarantee the country will produce the talent. If it they do, it takes generations to achieve. Ie Belgium's current generation. Look at Netherlands, Portugal. The talent those countries have produced is exceptional but neither have won the world cup.
Dsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14   #74
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patri_gautam View Post
Would you also say that in a given player's career, it is harder to win a World cup than a Champions league? In club football, you play very well and you get calls from the best teams in the world. But for the World Cup, you could end up watching from home like Zlatan

Plus, there are the WC qualifiers to be navigated as well en route to winning a World Cup. That is a lot of matches too.
well u do u have to finish within a top 3/4 position in the league to even qualify for ucl.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:49   #75
Patri
Kallappam-pothu

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

Quote:
well u do u have to finish within a top 3/4 position in the league to even qualify for ucl.
And what of the Zlatan situation? Plus, the world cup only comes around every four years.

Signature
Signature
Patri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:18   #76
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

I guess you can make arguments for both tournaments
but I think mostly will agree that the World Cup is a lot harder to win

anyway the WC is the highest valued football tournament in the whole world
winning that makes you a legend
Old 10-06-2014, 12:58   #77
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

True but i just that the quality of players are much better in ucl. There are less average sides in comparison to the world cup. What about the zlatan situation? He plays for a mediocre team, hence why his team dint qualify. It works both ways. I guess its hard to arrive at a defined conclusion regarding this debate but for me the quality of players and the level of play is much superior in ucl. You need to factor in team chemistry as well, ucl teams have played regularly and the players would find it easier to adapt to a system they are familiar with. This would improve their ability to play more as a team, which constitutes better results in the process.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 10-06-2014 at 13:02.
Old 10-06-2014, 13:19   #78
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
True but i just that the quality of players are much better in ucl. There are less average sides in comparison to the world cup. What about the zlatan situation? He plays for a mediocre team, hence why his team dint qualify. It works both ways. I guess its hard to arrive at a defined conclusion regarding this debate but for me the quality of players and the level of play is much superior in ucl. You need to factor in team chemistry as well, ucl teams have played regularly and the players would find it easier to adapt to a system they are familiar with. This would improve their ability to play more as a team, which constitutes better results in the process.
Not true at all IMO, there are more shitty teams in the CL
Old 10-06-2014, 13:21   #79
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quality of play i mean
Old 10-06-2014, 13:28   #80
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

well club teams practice all season together, nation football just at occasions
another reason why it's harder to win the WC