The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Team to win the World Cup?
Germany 20 71.43%
Argentina 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2014, 17:07   #21
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post

Klose breaking the record is a wonderful recognition to hardworking pro.
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:09   #22
Sven
Super Moderator

Was sure Germany would win x Argentina before semis.
But Argentina showed against the Dutch the kind of shut down game that can match a better team.

Germany still favorites IMO
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:18   #23
ZBoban
AC Milan Legend

I think Germany got this. They are the better, deeper squad and I don't think they will take this lightly. They've been close last few times and learned. They just seem too focused and determined to let this one slip away. But you never know, a final is a final and anything can happen in one game.
ZBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:24   #24
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
Meh. If Ronaldo would have just been a little more of a pro, he could have kept his record going in 2010. He didn't care to try to keep it up, so I don't feel bad his record was broken in the saddest day of brazilian football, if anything it should be one of the many things that should make brazilian football sit down and reflect on.

Klose breaking the record is a wonderful recognition to hardworking pro.

Besides, one of the goals awarded to Ronaldo was an own goal.

Both teams deserve to be where they are. Germany has been working hard in this project, and it has paid off, they've been the most consistent european side for years now. Argentina has been the best south american team since 2012, Sabella understood perfectly what made his team vulnerable and has worked on it.

My only issue with Argentina is that Mascherano should be the captain, but if anything, giving the captain armband to Messi has made him realize his role in the team.
You don't need an armband to be a leader.

Messi as captain pushes him further into the spotlight and takes the edge off even more from his teammates. If Argentina lost last night, there would have been nothing but criticism on Messi for failing to shine and lack of leadership.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:38   #25
Casualista
Banned

Pound for pound, on paper, Argentina is the only team thats as good as Germany. Argentina has a better CB pairing and forward line. Germany slightly edges it in mid field and depth, and really edges in goal keeping.

For me, as far as Argentina goes, if Di Maria returns then I would like to see him in place of Lavezzi and not Enzo Perez. The only reason Holland vs Argentina was so close was because Di Maria was injured imo.

As far as germany goes, no changes needed from brazil team. And I have to give Low credit for how he has used Klose. He deliberately saved him for start in late tournament and it has worked brilliantly. Klose and Schurrle as subs or starters worked in every game for him.

I'll be happy with any result now. Germany and bundesliga getting recognition as producing the finest talents/messi going down in history as top 3 greatest of all time. This one is for the record books.

Last edited by Casualista; 10-07-2014 at 17:40.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:41   #26
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Pound for pound, on paper, Argentina is the only team thats as good as Germany. Argentina has a better CB pairing and forward line. Germany slightly edges it in mid field and depth, and really edges in goal keeping.

For me, as far as Argentina goes, if Di Maria returns then I would like to see him in place of Lavezzi and not Enzo Perez. The only reason Holland vs Argentina was so close was because Di Maria was injured imo.

As far as germany goes, no changes needed from brazil team. And I have to give Low credit for how he has used Klose. He deliberately saved him for start in late tournament and it has worked brilliantly. Klose and Schurrle as subs or starters worked in every game for him.

I'll be happy with any result now. Germany and bundesliga getting recognition as producing the finest talents/messi going down in history as top 3 greatest of all time. This one is for the record books.
agreed. He's only one capable of pushing ball from midfield to good attacking posiitons.

without him messi went so deep and while he can do stuff there, he can't dribble 6 guys and pass to himself

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 17:42   #27
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

macherano had a prime gattuso-esque performance v. dutch.

He's gonna need to do even more v. Germany to give then a chance

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 19:49   #28
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Germany struggled so far against defensively orientated teams. But then again who doesnt.....i think germany being better from set pieces will be key here.

I enjoyed watching Kroos play so much this WC. What a shame hes real bound.

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 19:54   #29
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Could it be said that Robben has been as dangerous as Muller this WC? I feel he might be even more, only he was alone while the German wasn't. If so, Mascherano can handle Muller.

I'd say Argentina has more than just a chance.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 20:13   #30
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517 View Post
Could it be said that Robben has been as dangerous as Muller this WC? I feel he might be even more, only he was alone while the German wasn't. If so, Mascherano can handle Muller.

I'd say Argentina has more than just a chance.
vs the Nederlands they only had to deal with one great player and a bunch of good players
vs Germany they'll have to deal with a great team (well balanced and organised)
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 20:42   #31
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Keane, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Imran Khan, Virender Sehwag

If Argentina sit back and try to wait for Germany to make a mistake, it might well backfire. I can't see them winning unless they're extremely efficient on the counter, so I say 2-0 to Germany.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 21:40   #32
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

I wouldn't be shocked if Argentina grind a win..

Brazil's loss was just as much their schoolyard positioning and tactics as Germany's superiority. How many times did Marcelo push up and leave an ocean of space for Germany to take advantage of? It was an automatic 3 v 3 for most of the first half goals. im curious to see if Germany get frustrated vs Argentina.

With that said.. It's Germany's to lose.

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 21:50   #33
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack

Fuck what an extremely uninspiring final. Hate it. Fuck both of them I wish it ends 0-0 in 120 mins and then someone wins on PK
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 21:56   #34
Mion-Moura
Team Neymar

Fav. Players: Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

Argentina are fucked!

I hope for a massacre.

Signature
Mion-Moura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 23:25   #35
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Was sure Germany would win x Argentina before semis.
But Argentina showed against the Dutch the kind of shut down game that can match a better team.

Germany still favorites IMO
Argentina are build nicely to counter Germany imo. Germany are clearly favorites, they are the standout team in this tournament, but the Algeria game in particular showed that they can have difficulties breaking down very well organised teams, and Argentina are very well organised defensively. They haven't conceeded in the knockouts yet mind you, and that's against imo, very good attacking teams.

Argentina also have very fast attackers which imo is something that can force Germany to change how they play (Although Neuer has been outstanding all tournament, and all year really, as almost a sweeper)
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 00:21   #36
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r

Mascherano might miss the final.

Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 00:56   #37
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamp View Post
Mascherano might miss the final.
Definitely would call the Germans lucky if both Silva and Mascherano miss their games.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:01   #38
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517 View Post
Definitely would call the Germans lucky if both Silva and Mascherano miss their games.
di maria will make the game and I haven't seen anything concerning mascherano, silva was an idiot.

considering they lost their best player to injury right before the tournament, and others like gundogan, lars and sven bender, I would say germany have been anything but lucky.

----------

anyways this is a 50/50 game, I don't know how germany's weak defense will deal with messi and co. argentina proved to be compact and very solid against holland.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:59   #39
williamp
FODDERabt_H8r

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...57-soccer.html

Signature
tfat = Captain, Leader, Legend.
williamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:36   #40
USC
god of thunder

Kun Aguero is going to dominate this match and deliver the title to Argentina.

It's my bold prediction.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote