The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football > 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

View Poll Results: Team to win the World Cup?
Germany 20 71.43%
Argentina 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-07-2014, 15:21   #741
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke07 View Post
-
Can you just delete your account already? I wonder how you function in the real world...
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 16:03   #742
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Bait taken
Mission accomplished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Messi decided all group stage games for Argentina. Assisted the winner against the Swiss, started the play for Higuain goal x Belgium.

Deserving the golden ball or not... He had a great WC
It was rather like Ronaldo's 98 where he played very well....except for the final

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.

Last edited by leaf; 15-07-2014 at 16:19.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 16:40   #743
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Messi against Nigeria was the only game where you could argue he deserved the golden ball. Against Bosnia he was marked out of most of the game and it was similar against Iran, Switzerland AND Belgium. Against the Dutch and Germans, he was practically anonymous apart from that glaring miss in the final.
When Maradona thinks it was undeserved and Blatter is scrambling to distance himself from the decision, you know something is wrong.
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 17:18   #744
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

It seems pretty clear that they did it to try and market Messi.

First time one of the two best players in the world has got close to winning the WC, but he fucked it up and so they rewarded him with the Golden Ball to try and make it seem like he did win.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:02   #745
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
It was rather like Ronaldo's 98 where he played very well....except for the final
Nothing was like Ronaldo in that final

During the tournament he was better than 2002 I think
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:06   #746
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Daniel Maldini.

Quote:

Yep. He was phenomenal in 98. Reason I started watching football.
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 22:09   #747
leaf
voodoo donkey

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:

That's what I said...he was great in 98 up until the final where he was shit ( one-time epilepsy )
Messi was good early on then not-so-good in the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
It seems pretty clear that they did it to try and market Messi.

First time one of the two best players in the world has got close to winning the WC, but he fucked it up and so they rewarded him with the Golden Ball to try and make it seem like he did win.
FIFA's bias is ridiculous.....all year Blatter has been sucking Messi's dick and shitting on CR7 till CR played out of his mind (and Messi got injured) and he was forced to give CR7....he was only too happy to give him this one.

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.

Last edited by leaf; 15-07-2014 at 22:11.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 14:05   #748
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
German World Cup ‘gaucho’ victory dance draws fire

Berlin: Commentators chided the German football team on Wednesday for gently mocking Argentina during a giant World Cup winners party in Berlin, an event that marked a rare exuberant celebration of national pride.
In a country where strident patriotism is still largely taboo, newspapers said the young players’ “tasteless” victory dance on Tuesday reflected badly on the country.

Six of the players including Mario Goetze, the sole scorer during Sunday’s 1-0 win over Argentina, performed a taunt often seen in stadium stands, on a stage set up behind the capital’s Brandenburg Gate before hundreds of thousands of flag-waving fans.

“This is how the gauchos (Argentines) walk, the gauchos walk like this,” they sang, hunched over, to cheers from the crowd.

Then they jumped up and chanted, “This is how the Germans walk, the Germans walk like this!” and strutted around the stage.

The word “gaucho” is the South American equivalent of “cowboy”.

Several German newspapers called the display of swagger before the world’s media a sour note after an otherwise pitch-perfect World Cup.

“The victory celebration at the Brandenburg Gate turned into a gigantic own-goal,” the conservative daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung fumed.

“With a mean satire of the opponents in the final, the German world champions are squandering the image of an open-minded, tolerant nation.”

Berlin’s centre-left Tagesspiegel called the display “tasteless” and said it overshadowed the team’s gracious behaviour on the pitch in Brazil.

“The German modesty is over. Their joy wasn’t enough, they only find full satisfaction when they torture their mourning vanquished opponents a little,” it said.

“Maybe that is what will remain in the heads of many people outside Germany from this World Cup. And then the frenetic applause of the audience. They didn’t mean anything by it, that is probably true. But they showed that in football there are not only fools but damned fools.”

The criticism sparked a lively debate in English and German on Twitter under the hashtag #gauchogate, with many attacking what they saw as political correctness run amok.

A user with the handle @suburp said “Germany has a word for #schadenfreude but struggles w fun and healthy national pride. It’s only FUSSBALL (football). regt euch ab. (Calm down).”

Die Welt newspaper said the dance did not mark a “shining moment” but added: “We don’t need to overplay it.”

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 14:21   #749
Ragazza
Milan, solo con te...

Fav. Players: MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, DONNARUMMA

watched every second of this game...but there is a level of enjoyment that is missing when you really don't care which team wins

after italy fell out, it was difficult to get in to watching the games as much

Signature
Richard T. Splett. Don't know why I said 'T'; my middle name is John.

You can email me at splett2@splettnet.net.
Ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2014, 07:41   #750
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 20:46   #751
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
milanoldfarts, keep owning them

I guess this means messi will win the ballon do'r, at least this will piss off the cristiano fan boys
Lol that's in my version ... Don't know what others think.
Quote:
I didn't count it I read it in some site (football site in my country).

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 02:02   #752
ManU sux
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipa View Post
Lion Messi, proudest moment of world cup

love that look of disgust blatter is aiming at messi lool.
ManU sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 02:59   #753
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Where is Bladder on this picture?

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote