Neymar

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
That's true and false. Yes he shoots a lot and thus, his percentage of goals isn't as high as it could be.

At same time, he creates a lot of chances few to no others would.

More often than not he scores those opportunities ...I've lost count at the times he beats a goalkeeper at his near post with a powerful shot ....that isn't the problem IMO ...I got the feeling he shot just for the sake of shooting .

That being said I've noticed a change this season ...seems more aware that there are players in better positions and realises when he needs to take the responsibility to shoot ...already on his way to bettering his previous best for assist ...and much more clinical this season

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Neymar can be a combination of both. The complete, perfect footballer, that is if he bulks up. Which it seems he will inevitably do, judging from his character. This guy has incredible character, he is extremely career driven. This is what Pato for example lacks in order to be the best. Neymar plays apparently careless football, but unlike Pato he isn't careless at all, he is pushing himself to be the best. He is focused. If he continues like this, theres no doubt about him becoming the best in the world. Forget midget simplistic style repetitiveness ala Messi. All his goals, all his moves are the same one, same goal and move over and over again. Neymar will conquer the world.

You know, this paragraph just makes me sad but it's true.

I wonder why Pato is way he is. And honestly, it's hard not to blame galliani and milan. The ridiculous hype machine they put on pato, and treating him like he's a star cause he scored 15 goals when he was 19. It went to his head, and he lost a bit of work ethic.

Seedorf was right, don't overglorify him, he needs to work.

The sad thing is, pato, whenever facing adversity, benching etc. tends to respond. But it's ONLY then that he puts the extra effort. There's not quite the same self-drive you see in cristiano ronaldo for ex.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
For Neymar to reach his potential; he needs a stable environment and great coaching ala Fergie to Ronaldo. Right now, I don't think Madrid is the best place for his career right now but that where he will ultimately end up. He definitely need to hit the weight room before moving to Europe IMO.
He wont be able to grow physically while he is in Brazil. the game there doesn't require that from him and it would be a waste of time, as he would have nowhere to use it and will actually end up a worse player. Perfect for him would be to move to England where the game will do what it did for David - become stronger and more direct. That or the French or German league, where he will adapt to the european style which needs more physical ability, whilst not under a lot of pressure, but in this case as milano says the number of parameters and possible scenarios grows

I would also argue Mourinho, while a very stable coach, is not the man for him either...
Agreed there. Mou, result oriented as he is, thinking only about victory in his next game and his only objective being to reduce the time needed to dethrone Barca, will not have the necessary patience with Neymar to groom him and mold him in the player he can be. Wenger or AVB would be better mentor as well as Ferguson. Another reason why I want him to go to the Premiership first before jumping to Madrid.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Pato plays with the same style as Neymar. But Pato has the wrong conceptualization of that style. That is appearing careless to the viewer, not actually being careless himself. It just looks happy-go-lucky but its not, this is Pato's mistake. He thinks if he just goes through the motions, following his natural instinct, that somehow fate will make him become the best by itself. It doesn't go that way.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Neymar has a ridiculous hype machine as well probably even more so than Pato did. I don't think they have similar styles. Neymar for me is more talented and his game is more about technique and trickery rather than pace like Pato.

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar has a ridiculous hype machine as well probably even more so than Pato did. I don't think they have similar styles. Neymar for me is more talented and his game is more about technique and trickery rather than pace like Pato.
There can be differences within the same style according to the individual skillset, but from a footballing philosophy point of view, they share the same upbringing.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't get how people hate him.

He's probably right... they're all jealous of his combo of looks, money and ability. No one is so hateful towards messi who is equally as arrogant/cocky on the pitch... cause he's ugly.

Personally, I lovew ronaldo as a human being. Pretty much exemplifies what I want footballers to be. Extremely handsome, cocky, yet work/train obsessively like they are fringe serie B talent

I hate him because I was trained to hate him when he was on Man U.
Not cuz he;s cocky and arrogant, I fucking love that about him.

Re: my love for Balotelli.

Cocky players + me go hand in hand. But they gotta be the right kind of cocky

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sickest trick I've ever seen. Its beyond Neymar's comprehension skills.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Just read that he's already played 62 games in 2011... and we still have two full months to go in this year. Wow, and he has 38 goals... and he's only 19? Don't see how anyone can hate on this kid

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
His personality.

Good footballer - Denying he's a good footballer is plain stupidness.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Not a good footballer. Incredible footballer. Better than Messi and Ronaldo and I'm being dead serious.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi is a machine too... But you will see, Neymar is going to dominate Europe

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
I'm speechless every time I see this goal

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You're dead wrong. Ronaldo's too much of a machine.

Both Messi and Ronaldo would double Neymar's goal total in brasiliero. So many horrendous defenses. They already match his brazil numbers in europe...

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not when they were 19...

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol i know.. so let's judge Neymar when he's 21

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its not about numbers.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, there is so much wrong with playing the game with some skill and making it attractive for the viewer. :rolleyes:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I like watching nesta play. very attractive to me.

Extremely Attractive. Undeniable. Homo

@the convo- joga bonito is cool. Excessive joga bonito fail (copa america is a prime example) is the worst kind of football though. Flair moves should be used when it makes sense. Stuff like Suarez v. Nesta (sorry guys), any variety of sheva, henry and obviously ronaldo moves....More recently, CRon and Messi's ability... Not just dribbling with no awareness for teammates and diving....

No one is denying Neymar's potential but he's got a ways to go before entering these convo's.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil NT is already being built around him and its the most logical choice anyone has ever made. That is not something to be taken lightly and a lot of the hype comes from there, but honestly its impossible to say its unwarranted as he's been performing brilliantly for Brazil.