CL : Arsenal FC (3) vs AC Milan (0) (3-4 Agg) - 6/3/2012

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
maybe the tag "ars" tipped them off?

I don't know. Creepy stuff. Big brother.

Anyway, it was just 5 minutes of game highlights, interviews and stuff.

Copyright UnbelievablyEgoFuckingAssholes.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Deportivo memories may come again, but Milan is a very different side from that one, specially the coach. I don't know if I'm being unfair with Ancelotti, but there were plenty of those upsets when he was our coach (Deportivo, Liverpool 2005 and even Werder Bremen at the UEFA Cup I'd say). With Allegri, it is a lot different. I think we just let ourselves lose a game when we took the lead first once, against Napoli. In every other occasion, whenever we scored the first goal, the worst we faced at the end of the game was a draw. I think that's an important record.

Even though we're not near the quality of Milan during the mid 2000's, I really trust our team to hold a result. I think we look much more solid in this specific aspect of the game.

The team, however, has to keep focus. It's natural for supporters to keep dreaming with the quarter-finals, specially after four years seeing our team being knocked out as soon as the first knock-out stage of whichever European cup, but the squad can't let their focus go away.

Reaction score
Ammaar I'd agree with you if I was a fan of any other team. But we have a thing for giving away 'safe' fixtures and I've been hurt too many times before to open up and celebrate already :(.

This Milan team is slightly different from the Milan to last year or the Milan we beat at the San Siro 4 years ago (wow, that's just a distant memory now :thumbsdown:).

You have got one of the best strikers in world football on your team in Ibrahimovic. He has the whole package -

- strength
- change of speed
- good direction
- exquisite finisher
- can shoot from any distance
- good at set-pieces
- has excellent close control

Don't know what more you could ask for from a 6 foot 5 striker, to be honest. The sad thing is, he has temperamental issues and cannot curb his emotions. He is such a talented football player, but his attitude lets him down at times.

An example of this is his three match ban for slapping a Napoli player. No offence, but what is the point of that?

He's a great player, though, and his attributes generally overshadow his poor behaviour.

Robinho has blown hot and cold, from what I've heard, but it was typical of a player who was deemed to be out of form, to pick themselves up and tear Arsenal a new one. Out of form players generally do raise their game against us :smileani:

I joke. But seriously, Robinho can offer you extra dimension to your game and isn't afraid to run at players and take them on. Decent player.

Your midfield trio of Nocerino, Boateng and van Bommel is a perfect combination - steel, doggedness, creativity and pace.

And I think we know how sturdy and rock solid your defence is, generally. Currently, Thiago Silva is the best cb in the world in my opinion, you have a very exceptional player on your hands there.

The most important thing is that your manager is getting the best of your players and knows his tactics, he knows how to nullify the opposition and knows how to stifle the opposition's game plan. And your players are playing with confidence....and they know how to get revenge!

All in all, you have assembled and revamped a brilliant squad and have good strength in depth. You've been severely undermined by the British Media but you showed them that Italian football isn't as ''poor'' as it's made out to be.

Arsenal don't have the ability or the confidence to smash 5 goals past your defence. We simply can't do it because we have no clinical players with the exception of Robin van Persie and we are severely lacking any creative spark or motivation whatsoever. The damage was done in the first leg and now we are all but out of the competition.

I know over the last few years you may have had a habit of throwing away a lead, but sometimes biased and incompetent officiating plays a part in that.

For example, in the Champions League final 2005, you were 3-0 up at HT. Then Liverpool brought it back to 3-3, courtesy of one of the most biased and unprofessional displays from a referee in the history of football. But people won't look at how bad the referee was, they will just look at how ''amazing'' Liverpool were for coming back to 3-3, even though the referee bottled it and virtually handed Liverpool the Champions League trophy.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This Milan team is slightly different from the Milan to last year or the Milan we beat at the San Siro 4 years ago (wow, that's just a distant memory now :thumbsdown:).

You have got one of the best strikers in world football on your team in Ibrahimovic. He has the whole package -

- strength
- change of speed
- good direction
- exquisite finisher
- can shoot from any distance
- good at set-pieces
- has excellent close control

Don't fully agree. The ancelotti team was much better at controlling a game than this one. Gattuso was best ball winner in world and midfield held ridiculous posession and THEY still got destroyed, albiet weird circumstances at time.

This milan team isn't really talented enough to be complacent. And that's what worries me. They go out thinking it's a walk in park and 2 goals go in then 'oh shit' momentums gone.

Anyway, thats just inner pessimist.

Don't know what more you could ask for from a 6 foot 5 striker, to be honest. The sad thing is, he has temperamental issues and cannot curb his emotions. He is such a talented football player, but his attitude lets him down at times.

An example of this is his three match ban for slapping a Napoli player. No offence, but what is the point of that?

Ah the fact it hasn't been reduced is ridiculous. Watch the replay.

Aronica slapped nocerino, and choked him, zlatan came in to break up and defend teammate. Slapped him aside the head and got caught.

Stupid? Maybe. But stupider the FIGC hasn't ruled to reduce it already. Provoked defense...

Love your nice words, but it's important milan doesn't 'go to sleep at the wheel'

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Arsenal don't have the ability or the confidence to smash 5 goals past your defence. We simply can't do it because we have no clinical players with the exception of Robin van Persie and we are severely lacking any creative spark or motivation whatsoever. The damage was done in the first leg and now we are all but out of the competition.

Hi, I came over this "interview" with Zlatan: Zlat: Quit Arsenal, Robin which I'm pretty sure is completely made up, and I remembered Barca fans being outraged by made up interviews with Barca players especially around the Fabregas saga, and then there was the story of Messi and his Oasis tribute band..

So I wanted to ask you as an Arsenal fan if you experience this a lot with English media, that they make up fake interviews? Can you ever take these papers seriously?

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Milan really wernt that extraordinary, they were good yes, but Arsenal were complete garbage

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Milan really wernt that extraordinary, they were good yes, but Arsenal were complete garbage
we did not need to be at our absolute best.
we r saving our best performances for when we need it. ;)

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with you guys? Stop posting these Deportivo videos for godsake. Our players didn't play their hearts out to bottle it in the return leg. We have sent a message to Europe that we are back and we will fight for our real place (and that is to be the Kings of Europe again). I am pretty sure we will go to Emirates and ship 2-3 past their defence. As long we have Silva and Nesta/Mexes, i don't think they can score more than a single goal. Now stop with these Deportivo and Liverpool videos. We are going there to win:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
WTF is wrong with you guys? Stop posting these Deportivo videos for godsake. Our players didn't play their hearts out to bottle it in the return leg. We have sent a message to Europe that we are back and we will fight for our real place (and that is to be the Kings of Europe again). I am pretty sure we will go to Emirates and ship 2-3 past their defence. As long we have Silva and Nesta/Mexes, i don't think they can score more than a single goal. Now stop with these Deportivo and Liverpool videos. We are going there to win:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: thats the spirit ... we are going to kill them off at emirates !

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

LOL hope the players think they same. Chill.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what milan need is an AM and a CDM

1. CMs(yes several) with good vision
2. A new anchor, younger than MVB and Ambro
3. B2B who's better than Noce defensively and offensively
4. Vice-Boateng for CAM

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
1. CMs(yes several) with good vision
2. A new anchor, younger than MVB and Ambro
3. B2B who's better than Noce defensively and offensively
4. Vice-Boateng for CAM
our priorities should be as follows:

1. new anchor
2. visionary midfielder
3. vice-boateng

one of the three can be a secondary b2b player as well.

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Its almost impossible for us to lose this match. Arsenal don't have the ability to score 4 goals against us. And besides that we will score 1 or 2 goals for sure.

Reaction score
Hi, I came over this "interview" with Zlatan: Zlat: Quit Arsenal, Robin which I'm pretty sure is completely made up, and I remembered Barca fans being outraged by made up interviews with Barca players especially around the Fabregas saga, and then there was the story of Messi and his Oasis tribute band..

So I wanted to ask you as an Arsenal fan if you experience this a lot with English media, that they make up fake interviews? Can you ever take these papers seriously?

Yep. The Daily Mail, Caughtoffside, TalkSport and The Sun are the most unreliable and manipulative newspapers around. They always make stuff up or take things out of context. It's very annoying.

Last year, apparently van Persie had told the Chelsea players to ''shut the fuck up'' and told them to ''stop moaning'' in a Dutch interview. 2 days later, Robin refuted these allegations and denied them to be true and said he never had an interview with the Dutch media recently.

There's been many cases like this....

Apparently Hazard had signed a contract with Arsenal.....apparently Gervinho complained about the lack of ambition at Arsenal (which even though is true, is still unprofessional from a new signing) and apparently van Persie had said he wanted to join Real Madrid or Manchester City....likewise with Fabregas when he was still at Arsenal.

You do try and get used to it, but sometimes, I admit, I do get worried because there's still a minor possibility it could be true.

Special One

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, Gattuso, Abate, Kaka, Inzaghi, Boateng
yeah were winning 4-0, but its only right to remain just a littile bit cautious after deportivo and istanbul. my line-up would be:

--------abbiati----
abate---mexes--silva---antonini

-------ambrosini-------------
aqilani--------nocerino
-------boateng------
robinho-------ibra

realistically, i see allegri starting ibra, bring pato-el sha on for ibra second half

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A difficult game and Arsenal will attack from the beginning but if we can keep players fit this isnt going to be a problem.

This Milan team managed by Allegri is not going to lose 5-0 against the current Arsenal team.

I want to win the tie 8-0!

Forza Milan!!!!!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
yeah were winning 4-0, but its only right to remain just a littile bit cautious after deportivo and istanbul. my line-up would be:

--------abbiati----
abate---mexes--silva---antonini

-------ambrosini-------------
aqilani--------nocerino
-------boateng------
robinho-------ibra

realistically, i see allegri starting ibra, bring pato-el sha on for ibra second half

Starting Ambrosini will give us trouble.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Sure that we must be cautious,and Arsenal will try to win it in front of their fans.But we see that Arsenal defence is breakable,and we will score at Emirates Im sure about that.Milan is more balanced team than Arsenal.Simply Arsenal defence is not in pair with other two areas.Someone mention that Allegri should give to players to watch Deportivo tapes,I don't like that things,past is past,and now is now,why bother players with that shit.Arsenal will be better at home because they cannot repeat San Siro display even if they want it.Ibra is special motivated against Arsenal,and Wenger simpy can't afford to put two players on Ibra,because we saw that our other weapons step up when it matters.Despite their high loss,Arsenal is never to be underestimated,but Milan will go there with confidence.

Last edited:

Special One

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, Gattuso, Abate, Kaka, Inzaghi, Boateng
Starting Ambrosini will give us trouble.

i just remebered ambro suspended right? but van bommell is one booking away from suspension..so DM is bit of a problem..Flamini maybe?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
i just remebered ambro suspended right? but van bommell is one booking away from suspension..so DM is bit of a problem..Flamini maybe?

I would start Emanuelson. No need to risk Van Bommel getting suspended.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Everyone of our players have mentioned Deportiveo in their interviews which means they are fully aware of it and won't let something close to that happen, so stop worrying.

But of course I'd love if we don't lose the 2nd leg game, and it will be double awesome if we can keep a clean sheet.

Some funny feeling tells me Wenger will not field his best XI, cause everyone knows all he has to worry now is keeping their CL spot in EPL.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Understandably, the memories of the Deportivo catastrophe lingers. But let's look at the set of players that we have. From that Depor away game, only Abiatti, Gatttuso, Nesta, Seedorf and Inzaghi are still around. Gattuso, Inzaghi and Seedorf (according to latest report) is out while Nesta might not play. The only player who can still play was Abiatti and he did not even play in that game vs Depor.

So, I believe keep on talking about Depor is becoming irrelevant since only one player (or max 2 players) still have memory of that game. Almost a totally different set of players, different set of mentalities, different coach. Yet the talk of Depor still rings around. Is it really fair? Being cautious is always commendable but excessive worry borders on insecurity while we must have faith in our players.

It's like a father encouraging his son to take another shot in learning to drive a bicycle but keep on mentioning that his son fell before and hurt his knees. "Go on son, you can do it, try it again, I believe in you, you can do it, remember you fell last time, go on son, you can do it, don't fall like you did last time".

Serious aside, we must never let Arsenal score that first goal inside the first 15 minutes. This will only build their confidence and grow the idea in their head that they can do it. Conceding 1 goal in the 1st half is still an advantage to me because they will surely attack more in the 2nd half and open up the defense. Keeping them at bay will also get their crowd restless and could end up whistling their own players which will only make their own players even more restless.

The game will be on March 6, before that game at weekend we will play an away game vs Palermo, a place where in the last 5 years we never recorded a win (4L and 1D). After this CL game, we will play at home vs Lecce. Give our best on the Palermo game and play whoever is fresh and give more chance to the likes of El-Shaarawy and Maxi Lopez, or even Mesbah.

I don't want us to lose the game since I don't want the EPL press to give out an editorial praising Arsenal's fighting spirit and how they managed to put Milan under a lot of pressure and only certain bad luck and bad pitch in the 1st leg prevented them to qualify. Not that crap, not this season at least.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
arsenal 2 games before facing us at emirates

EPL Arsenal vs Tottenham
EPL Liverpool vs Arsenal

those two games like their finals for 4th position in the league

let's see if they will have full squad :D

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
arsenal 2 games before facing us at emirates

EPL Arsenal vs Tottenham
EPL Liverpool vs Arsenal

those two games like their finals for 4th position in the league

let's see if they will have full squad :D

Great news for us, Wenger should not field his kids, but his babies against us.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
3 names come to mind.

De Jong
Montolivo
Honda

as much as i would love to have 3 new starting midfielders, it would be a bit much. despite nocerino's inability to defend, he still has a lot of energy. if milan get a CDM that is more mobile than MVB, he can pick up the slack for nocerino. wouldnt mind seeing nainggolaan at milan. kid has a lot of talent and looks bored at cagliari.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
3 names come to mind.

De Jong
Montolivo
Honda
not sure bout de Jong. he's not the type of anchor (excellent tactical positionioning with good passing range) we're looking for.
tbh, I think it'll be pretty hard to replace mvb. maybe yann m'villa is the one?

Honda n Monty would be fantastic.

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
WTF is wrong with you guys? Stop posting these Deportivo videos for godsake. Our players didn't play their hearts out to bottle it in the return leg.

I believe keep on talking about Depor is becoming irrelevant since only one player (or max 2 players) still have memory of that game.

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger confessed the 4-0 thrashing to Milan is the kind of result “you take with you until the last day of your life.”

The San Siro hammering was the biggest European defeat in the history of the Gunners and left them needing to win 5-0 in the second leg in order to qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.

“It never gets out of your system because you take it with you until the last day of your life,” admitted Wenger on Sky Sports.

“You can find 100 explanations why we had a poor performance and an off day. We lost against a good Milan team, not an exceptional one. Unfortunately we were punished severely.

“It is important not to dwell on that too much, instead focus on the next performance, respond in a positive way and ensure we have the mental qualities to be at this club.

“We have put together a good series of results and we can consider that night was just an off day.

“We are focused on what we have done well recently because we go into a battle now where we need confidence, belief and great commitment.

“We are in fourth position in the Premier League and we have an opportunity to qualify for the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. It is important that we are up for that and do not feel sorry for ourselves.”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/15815

Schedule