CL QF 2nd Leg: Barcelona (3) - AC Milan (1) (3-1 Agg) - 3/4/2012

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
LOL calling Seedorf ''Slowdorf'' is not hating?

Not really. Sounds more like a result of logically thinking.

Seedorf is really slow.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
--------Ibra------------El Shaarawy-----
----------------Boateng----------------
-------Seedorf-------Ambro-----AA/Nocerino-------
Antonini-----Nesta------Mexes-----Abate
-----------------Abbiati----------------

GeNiUs_CiDe

Adroit DarkHorse
Reaction score
Allegri needs to be careful and not to gamble like he did in the first leg. He got very lucky as Barca dominated position and had plenty of chances to score. Knowing of how much of a peanut brain he has, he will repeat this formation or close to it again.

Slowdorf was only good for the first 45'. The second 45' he was more of a liability.

I believe he should play 1 half at Camp Nou, especially if we are up or tied and in the 2nd half preferably.

If Ibra does not play more of CF/CAM role at Camp Nou, then Milan's chances of scoring will be slim. That is a whole different environment than that of San Siro when countering. He needs to play around the midfield more and he is the best creator Milan has. He was too isolated in the 1st leg, and most of his chest flicks and headers barely found people because there was no one in his vicinity. Him playing behind SES would cause havoc to Barca's back line I think due to the latter's speed and agility. Robinho is still not match fit and him injuring his ankle will once again be a liability for Milan if he starts in place of SES.

Boateng needs to be a menace more at LCM/LDM I think. He is not made for the CAM position as his passing is still suspect and poor. He needs to man mark Xavi, and hopefully out of the game, as MVB would not be match fit and his age has caught up with him and decreased his mobility to do so.

Milan's starting back line in the first leg will be sufficient. They need to eliminate some of the erroneous passing when clearing the ball as it almost lead to Barca goals.

If Milan loses this tie, injuries to our squad is a cop out of an excuse to blame. They will have lost it due to squandering the chances at San Siro coupled with Allegri's tactics.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

i have a happy surprise for you.

Spoiler:
Van Bommel!!

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
LOL calling Seedorf ''Slowdorf'' is not hating?

no, it is just refering to the fact he is slow, that's why i don't like him to be starting in the line up, he was one of my favorite players, he was a legend once, however i don't want him to take the chance of younger, faster players that can guide us to glory in this and future years, i would love to invist in aquilani, he was great assist to us when he was match fit, i don't want us to lose aquilani because allegri likes seedorf better, that's all.

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Boss Van Bommel coming back and AA and Nocerino starting over him :lol::lol::lol::lol:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He will play Slowdorf and unfit robi instead of SES and Aqui, that's why i said he is pussy.
And on what you are basing your stupidity ..... sorry I meant theory ?
Aqui never produced a nearly perfect game like Seedorf did yesterday , did he ?
So age got nothing to do with anything since this is just one game & we arent talking about building the future around Seedorf.

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
I want Bonera to play.. he is a must if Nesta is out. I would like to see him in at RB, Abate isn't quite match fit.. could be gamble.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
And on what you are basing your stupidity ..... sorry I meant theory ?
Aqui never produced a nearly perfect game like Seedorf did yesterday , did he ?
So age got nothing to do with anything since this is just one game & we arent talking about building the future around Seedorf.

no need to say sorry, stupid people are allowed to make mistakes, no one expect them to do or say things right in the first time, so it is all good for you, no one expected more :thumbsup:.

i know it is hard to understand my genius theory, and to be honest it is my mistake, i should write +5, before my every post so that people with lower IQ should ignore and go to posts where it is suitable for their IQ level.

anyway to break it up for you, My genius theory is Simple, we have the most intense game of the season, against the most quick and dangrous attack, and we have 2 options
1) a 36 years old, slow out of form player, that didn't perform for past 3 years now except from few flash backs, that even in his best games he run out of gaz after 60 min mark.
2) younger, Faster, with more techinical ability that did great at the begining of the season when he was playing fit and trusted.

you do your math and do your picks, but don't tell me what you think, i don't give a crap.

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri chose option 1 over your option 2 and did well genius.. :o:o

Aquilani is the younger, faster and more technical player than a motivated Seedorf :lol::lol:.

Did you get a glimpse of Aquilani subbed in with a beer belly matching many of the participants in the legend game friendlies less than 10 days ago. And you expect him to hold his own against Barca ??

When did you start watching Milan ?? late 2011 ??

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I want Bonera to play.. he is a must if Nesta is out. I would like to see him in at RB, Abate isn't quite match fit.. could be gamble.

Abate is always fit! :)

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
................................maxi...............
.......................Ibra..............Boateng.......
...........Emmanuelson.....Bommel............(Anyone except nocerino, preferably aqua)
......Antonini.......................................Abate
....................Nesta/boner....Mexes.......................
..........................Abbiati.....................................

A 4 3 2 1 formation would work i feel against barca. # tall players up front to lob the ball to, mexes/bonera's longs balls would be effective in this particular formation.

I still think emma can do the job despite playing pretty average when he came on, probably due to the injury he suffered. But when he recovers, he should slot well in that lcm spot, the only mistake allegri made is taking off Boateng instead of Nocerino today.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
The same formation like in the first leg will do the job. With Van Boss our midfield will be much stronger. All we have to do is work on our finishing.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
The same formation like in the first leg will do the job. With Van Boss our midfield will be much stronger. All we have to do is work on our finishing.

and abate too. If only pato was fully fit as well, we would have beaten this barca team at home.

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
-----------------Maxi----------
--------Ibra-------------------
----------------Boateng-------
----Seedorf--------------------
---------MVB-Ambrosini--------
Antonini------------------Abate
--------Nesta------Mexes------
------------Abbiati-------------

Muntari would have been a boost for us :(

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
-----------------Maxi----------
--------Ibra-------------------
----------------Boateng-------
----Seedorf--------------------
---------MVB-Ambrosini--------
Antonini------------------Abate
--------Nesta------Mexes------
------------Abbiati-------------

Muntari would have been a boost for us :(

i like this formation:thumbsup:. Except i wouldn't use both seantores in midfield. MVB should definitely start and one of aqua/emma should be on LCm spot.

Last edited:

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
i like this formation:thumbsup:. Except i woldn't use both seantores in midfield. MVB should definitely start and one of aqua/emma should be on LCm spot.

We have to use both MVB and Ambro because Barcelona will come out guns blazing in Camp Nou, so that leaves their defense wide open then we can attack.
Expect Barca defense to be much more worse then the 1st leg. We really needed Pato's pace for this match :(

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The bookies have set these crazy odds for the return match:

Barcelona 1.25
Draw 5.65
Milan 10.65 !

Fuck, I mean, who do they think they are and who do they think WE are ?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have to use both MVB and Ambro because Barcelona will come out guns blazing in Camp Nou, so that leaves their defense wide open then we can attack.
Expect Barca defense to be much more worse then the 1st leg. We really needed Pato's pace for this match :(

Yeah, they will come all out attack at camp nou, but if we want to counter them quickly we need emma, because his speed his vital if we awant to open up spaces in their defence.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MVB, abate back! Great even if bonera was super solid yesterday.

We will need every man healthy for this one. Milan has a legit chance to advance. Cmon boys, score at least once.:D

Barcelona 1.25
Draw 5.65
Milan 10.65 !

Nothing wrong with that. They are offering u a great chance to win big money along with watching your favorite team win/draw.;) Win win. Id put a 100€ on the draw myself.

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MVB, abate back! Great even if bonera was super solid yesterday.

We will need every man healthy for this one. Milan has a legit chance to advance. Cmon boys, score at least once.:D

Nothing wrong with that. They are offering u a great chance to win big money along with watching your favorite team win/draw.;) Win win. Id put a 100€ on the draw myself.

No, but you cannot set the same odds when Barcelona play Zaragoza and when they play Milan :)

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
I can smell the 1-1 from now, but I don' wanna jinx.

Seedorf must play I think, the atmosphere and pressure will be insane Tuesday, we need our player to remain calm and Seedorf can do that, he helped a lo of players yesterday by calming them down and giving them confidence.

Urby better enter as a sub, and Aquilani is a bit of a pussy for such game.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barca is lucky they have masherano. The guy i world class, if we are planning to invest in a real DM/CB, get mascherano even if he is valued at around 20 mil. HAd he not been there, i think we would have buried the chances we had easy.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
I have faith in this Milan,Barca would be better at Camp Nou, and they will play at home and at perfect grass lol.They thought that can go with the win from San Siro.Presure is on them.We must have much better realisation.One thing is sure, they fear us,like we fear them.With organized defence and tactic like yesterday we can pass Farca.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Barcelona 1.25
Draw 5.65
Milan 10.65 !

Anyone fancy a flutter? The odds for the draw look pretty damn sweet!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I have faith in this Milan,Barca would be better at Camp Nou, and they will play at home and at perfect grass lol.They thought that can go with the win from San Siro.Presure is on them.We must have much better realisation.One thing is sure, they fear us,like we fear them.With organized defence and tactic like yesterday we can pass Farca.

Like Allegri said, two out of three results would be beneficial for Milan - draw or a win - whereas Barcelona have to win this match. Milan will get at least 2-3 good quality chances. We have to make them count.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Interesting to see how many people have stopped fluffing Nocerino's dick now that he's returned to being a 500,000$ player.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I dont see us winning but a draw could be in the books forsure . Hopefully a 1-1 draw . I think we got to play the same way but this time use Ibra-Maxi upfront . Their physical strengh will be too much to handle for barca . Those 2 would allow us to clear the pressure off the defence for some period of time .

Schedule