Week 5: AC Milan vs Lazio - Tuesday 20/09/2016 - CL-TIME

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This Milan cannot and should not play without Bonaventura (whether in midfield or in the wing). There is no other midfielder who has the capability to make something happen out of nothing. Case in point: Bacca penalty against Torino.

We shall see tonight. He was useless the last two matches

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What makes me optimistic is the knowledge of having two wingers who both can cause some troubles to the opponents. We can attack from both sides, one game we'll see Niang being the one who causes more danger, in the other game it will be Suso. If both can grow even further more, and get consistent within the 90 minutes - just as Montella implied in his press conference yesterday - our team would make a pretty nice jump in terms of quality. Opponents facing dangerous attacks from left and right, and in the middle the always dangerous "don't dare to let the ball be between my feets when I'm in your box" Bacca. Wished I could say similiar things to our midfield...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This Milan cannot and should not play without Bonaventura (whether in midfield or in the wing). There is no other midfielder who has the capability to make something happen out of nothing. Case in point: Bacca penalty against Torino.

even if you're right this team needs a flashy and explosive Bonaventure. He played many games with us and with Italy, we'll have our 3rd game in 9 days this weekend... I think he can be usefull as a sub when opponents are tired, just like Lapadula. It's not bad having some impact-subs on the bench as long as the others are able to hold against Lazio until they get subbed-in.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
:thumbsup:
To be fair, Bona has been shit didn't pull out an outstanding performance, he has to get benched to get more of him, a thing I like about Montella is this policy.
Vang was really slow in that match againtst Bournemouth, he has great crosses & good attacking backup.. but in back he was very shaky.. I don't know if its a physical problem or what..
No one can say a bad word about Bona as long as he is fielded out of his position.
He is a LW , period.

Something need to be done to our FBs.
Maybe we should adopt a system that require more attacking than defending.
3-5-2 , 3-4-3 ....

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And calabria vs F. Anderson :fp:

Dude I wouldn't even trust Calabria to guard my 14 year old brother :lol:

Seeing him as a fullback always makes me nervous. He might be a decent wingback but as a fullback he's terrible.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No one can say a bad word about Bona as long as he is fielded out of his position.
He is a LW , period.

I think his real strength is his dutility. He can do good in almost every position you put him in. He did very good last year as LM in Sinisas 4-4-2 until he lost his freshness due to not being rested enough during the whole season. He recently did very good with Italys NT as LCM in Venturas 3-5-2. And he did very good as LW in Pippo's 4-3-3.

I think he can also do good as LCM in Montellas 4-3-3. At the moment I prefer Niang over Jack as LW (and before people jump on me: Niang's best position is as well another one than LW, in fact his best position is SS IMO).

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonaventura played LW against Napoli and was utter crap, worse than he was than CM actually.

I don't get why people defend Bonaventura and act like he's some sort of savior. This same type of sentiment is not afforded for a lot of other players. At least necro is consistent and I respect that, but I think he's actually the most replaceable starter at the moment

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he's a saviour but he's our most valuable midfielder/attacking midfielder. On his normal days he plays on a far higher level than the Polis and Bertolaccis of this team. Kucka is a totally different kind player so it doesn't make sense to compare them and Sosa IMO hasn't shown anything until now that makes me think he's above Jack's levels.

Yes Jack played bad against Napoli and Samp (just like the whole midfield tbh), but that doesn't take him away that he's almost always on the side of the better performers in this team. Unfortunately that doesn't tell us a lot about his general quality but it tells us that he's our most valuable midfielder atm.

-> Add to that his call in the NT and his good performances once he's not surrounded by mediocracy.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Dude I wouldn't even trust Calabria to guard my 14 year old brother :lol:

Seeing him as a fullback always makes me nervous. He might be a decent wingback but as a fullback he's terrible.

:lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

bakakaka

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
baggio , maldini , nesta , kaka , sheva , pirlo , seedorf , balotelli , zlatan , pippo.
CsyRqD0W8AADdCe.jpg

I believe in her prediction .

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bonaventura had two good matches - Torino and Napoli. Then had a good match for Italy against Israel (GdS rating 6.5).. Then had two bad matches. I fully understand the short attention span of this generation, but it never ceases to amaze me to see it in action.

A rest will be great for both Bona and Monto though. If Bona doesn't play tonight, I can bet you that he'll have a great match very soon.

He was our most consistent player in the last two seasons and I expect that to continue this season.

#Don'tBeHitman #BrainSmartlyOrUseGlasses

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BREAKING: Bonaventura will start against Lazio. Sosa on the bench [Sky].
I like the midfield vs napoli and torino, it wasnt that bad

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bene. Now help me convert these low RAM heretics, Giacomo!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
awesome, keita and anderson on the bench

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Kucka plays like last season and not like in the Napoli match, this is our best lineup.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh crap another injury

Sosa has been excluded from the starting lineup of Milan that will face Lazio after suffering a back problem [Sky]

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Where is sosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!

edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
So basically same line up against torino except duo full back now des and calabria

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
5-1

boneventura x2
romangoli
des
calabria

Schedule