Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What happens when Biglia is back? Does Bakayoko take the the LCM spot? What about Paqueta?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What happens when Biglia is back? Does Bakayoko take the the LCM spot? What about Paqueta?

Kessie should be benched

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Patrick Viera?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
if he keeps playing like this we'll buy 100%

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
because he's asian?

:lol::lol::lol: no - because I find him more physical than elegant and his offensive style is bursting forward runs and not dribbles or cutting passes.

To me they are different, it wasnt meant to belittle the calibre of player Baka can become

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
the # 1 reason for keeping those clean sheets are not Roma or Donna or anyone else but Bakayoko..

thats what happens when you have a worldclass DM who ll basically act like a WALL

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the # 1 reason for keeping those clean sheets are not Roma or Donna or anyone else but Bakayoko..

thats what happens when you have a worldclass DM who ll basically act like a WALL

Agree 100%. It is the same effect that Van Bommel brought when he came here.

Last edited:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He is something between a wall and a octopus.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tiemoue Bakayoko admits it is his ‘dream’ to stay at Milan permanently but insists ‘right now I just want to finish the season in the top four.’

Bakayoko struggled in the early part of his loan spell from Chelsea but has gone on to become a leading light in Milan’s midfield, with the Rossoneri able to buy the Frenchman for €35m at the end of the season.

“I heard what Leonardo said [about me staying permanently if Milan qualify for the Champions League], but I’m not in a position to talk about it. It’s an issue that concerns Milan and Chelsea,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“Staying at Milan is my dream and the fixed thought in my mind, but I have a contract with Chelsea.

“Right now I just want to finish the season in the top four. After that we’ll think about it.”

Milan midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko claims ‘all the fans have changed their minds about me’ and that he is ‘most like’ Patrick Vieira.

Bakayoko has grown into a crucial component in Milan’s midfield since arriving from Chelsea on loan last summer, and the Frenchman gave more insight into his spell at San Siro.

“I think all the fans have changed their mind about me and I’m happy about that,” he told Milan TV.

“I’m very happy, the team are playing well and improved a lot. I think the last three or four games, teams haven’t scored against us and I think we need to keep going, but I’m very happy to be here, to finish the season well.

“All the players are my friends, I’m a friendly guy and I don’t have a problem with anyone. We have a good relationship.

“I know my teammates well, they know me better than two months ago. I’m just working hard and trying to be better for the team.

“I’m happy in this period and I’m playing well. I’m very humble, if I’m here it’s because the team are playing very well.

“I just listen to music, relax and talk to Franck Kessie because he’s funny and after that, I’m on my game.

“I always try to improve. I’m here for just six months but I think after nine months I’ll be better with the team.

“We just have to work and improve in every training session and match. I’ve prepared something for when I score my first goal, but I can’t show you now....

“Piatek’s a fast player, intelligent, and I think he’ll help the team quickly. He scored two goals in our last game and I’m happy for him. I think with him we can really finish in the top four.

“I’m most like Vieira because he’s tall, strong and he has a lot of technical ability. I think I’m most like this type of player.

“I just want to thank the fans for their confidence in me. We need them to finish in the top [four] places.”

Tiemoue Bakayoko believes his ‘perfect’ relationship with Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso has been behind his improved form in recent months.

In the second part of his interview with Corriere dello Sport, Bakayoko admitted he was not ‘happy’ with Gattuso’s early criticism of his performances for Milan but revealed he had been struck by the ‘love’ of his Coach.

“After Gattuso’s words, I wasn’t feeling good and I wasn’t happy,” continued the Chelsea loanee.

“I felt questioned in what was my position on the field, but I never talked to him about them. I only thought about working and nothing else

“I know myself and I know what my qualities are: I was convinced that by training hard, satisfaction would follow.

“I never thought joining Milan was the wrong move. Not everything’s gone well for me in my short career.

“Sometimes the start of an adventure at a new club has been difficult: It happened to me at both Monaco and Chelsea, and that’s why I wasn’t surprised that history repeated itself at Milan. I need time to adapt, but then… Gattuso’s qualities? I don’t know if he has any…

“I joke, I joke! Gattuso loves his players and gives everything so they train well. His talent lies in showing love to his players.

“He wasn’t the player I most looked up to, but I say that with great respect because he won the Champions League, which is my dream. Please don’t tell him…

“For me he’s the boss and a great person who’s helped me a lot: in the first 2-3 months when not all was well we talked every day, but now there’s no need because we understand each other with a simple look.

“Our relationship is perfect. Am I a leader like Gattuso says? I don’t know. I try to give my all for the team and fans and do things by giving 100 percent because I have a big heart.

“It’s important when the Coach believes you’re a leader.”

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
eaMbt3C.png

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
By the way, does anybody else think his shooting has been pretty good too, albeit rarely used? With Biglia coming back, I'd like to see him higher up the pitch and attempting long range shots. Even if he won't score, the power of his shot can create trouble for keepers and opportunities for Piatek/Cutrone.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Got too much praise and this happens... very bad tonight, tried too much by himself.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
unlucky today. took a few knocks. not his best game but I am sure he will bounce back.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
he'll have to fight with Biglia for that CDM position, nothing is guaranteed after performance like tonights

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
You play a 433 then you need anchor like De Rossi to have a functional attack. Proved himself a liability against the better teams as his only method of advancing the ball is through dribbling. His passing isn’t up to scratch and his choice of pass puts his teammates under pressure constantly. He is useful to bulldoze lesser sides but lacks the subtlety and quality to make the step up. Looking forward to Biglias return.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You play a 433 then you need anchor like De Rossi to have a functional attack. Proved himself a liability against the better teams as his only method of advancing the ball is through dribbling. His passing isn’t up to scratch and his choice of pass puts his teammates under pressure constantly. He is useful to bulldoze lesser sides but lacks the subtlety and quality to make the step up. Looking forward to Biglias return.

:thumbsup: well said

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
second thoughts..

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
One shaky match and everybody forgets your last 2-2.5 months.
Beside players like Ronaldo&Messi ...everyone in this world can get a bad or shaky in this case performance. You judge so fast ...like 1 minute before the game started he was a “must-buy” nou he is a “second thought”...same case like Suso, Calabria and even Kessie. They are normal humans not robots, they cant be at their highest everytime, nobody can..maybe just CR and Messi like i said but even them choke sometimes

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bad game,but was not the worst.Players who should have been our creative force,didn't do their job.Roma players kept good pressure on him.Its shame because I thought that we can really dominate them in midfield.It was a strange game.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

He actually played great against teams such as Juve x2, Napoli x2 and played brilliantly for two months. Makes me laugh how quick posters on this board turn on our players.

He was worse than average today and did try to over do on many occasions. I’m sure it’s not going to be something we see regularly. He will bounce back just fine.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He actually played great against teams such as Juve x2, Napoli x2 and played brilliantly for two months. Makes me laugh how quick posters on this board turn on our players.

He was worse than average today and did try to over do on many occasions. I’m sure it’s not going to be something we see regularly. He will bounce back just fine.

If what Bakayoko has been doing for the past couple months is considered great or brilliant, then our standards have dropped immensely.

He has been regularly underweighting passes, misplacing passes, turning into trouble, not switching the play when he should, selecting the wrong pass to play to teammates under pressure, over dribbling when he is the last midfielder infront of the defence. Basically he has no awareness of his surroundings, nor the intelligence to recognise what to do.

Bakayoko has two uses. 1-destroy opponents attack 2-drive forward with the ball and then play a simple pass

He cannot pass or know who to pass to, so his only method of advancing the ball is through dribbling (he is very strong and pretty press resistant, so it works against lesser teams).

When he gets into the final third his lack of passing/crossing/shooting technique shows.

As I've said before, I would only sign him as a squad player because it's always useful to have an athletic destroyer in the squad. He is not currently, and imo will never be good enough to start for a CL caliber team. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he is strong but top teams have players who happen to be skilled and have the cardio to run for long periods. So overtime during the game they press him constantly until he folds. That's the drawback of being over dependent on power and dribbling. it's very taxing on the body. If he improves his cardio a little bit he would be unstoppable.

Last edited:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
If what Bakayoko has been doing for the past couple months is considered great or brilliant, then our standards have dropped immensely.

He has been regularly underweighting passes, misplacing passes, turning into trouble, not switching the play when he should, selecting the wrong pass to play to teammates under pressure, over dribbling when he is the last midfielder infront of the defence. Basically he has no awareness of his surroundings, nor the intelligence to recognise what to do.

Bakayoko has two uses. 1-destroy opponents attack 2-drive forward with the ball and then play a simple pass

He cannot pass or know who to pass to, so his only method of advancing the ball is through dribbling (he is very strong and pretty press resistant, so it works against lesser teams).

When he gets into the final third his lack of passing/crossing/shooting technique shows.

As I've said before, I would only sign him as a squad player because it's always useful to have an athletic destroyer in the squad. He is not currently, and imo will never be good enough to start for a CL caliber team. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

this is accurate...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Re-watch the Napoli coppa match and the Roma match. Compare the difference in the off-the-ball runs made by Castillejo, Laxalt and Borini in the former, and by Hakan, Suso and Rodriguez in the latter. There is a world of difference. Bakayoko's passing choices also depend on teammates moving to good positions.

Further, an average match was due with such high level performances for 2 months. Especially after the draining 180 minutes against Napoli.

I'm not remotely worried about him.