Filippo Inzaghi Thread

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
I don't know about you but but I think a European cup and a Scudetto are more important than a few million Euro's of B's. Infact I think we got ourselves a bargain ;)
No, Juve got the bargain. They won 3 of the last 4 Scudetti after dumping the loser. :o :tongue:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
acm7 said:
No, Juve got the bargain. They won 3 of the last 4 Scudetti after dumping the loser. :o :tongue:

LoL true. I like the part u mentioned about the integrity. Well said

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
It was Juve's style of transfer. They always acquire young promising players, in their early 20s then turned them into superstars. When the players reach the wrong half of the 20s, they sell them so expensive to other clubs to make way for another young promising players in the early 20s, and the cycle never stops. This is the case with Pippo (for Trezeguet), Zidane (Nedved) and Baggio (Del Boy). Even when Platini came, he was replacing an English star who just brought them the scudetto. So no use of bitching about how Pippo or Juve shorthanded us. It was their style.

Someone mentioned that they won 3 scudettos after selling Pippo. That is partly wrong. They bought very good players: Nedved, Buffon and Thuram from the proceed of selling Zidane to Madrid, 55 million, still the world record fee. Pippo's transfer fee to Milan was not even half that amount.

Talking about integrity, someone compared him with Redondo. Shame on you! I said it again, shame on you! That is absolutely different! As much as I adore him, Redondo hasn't played one single official game when he was injured at the beginning of 00-01 season and it took him 2 seasons to play. And he proposed the pay cut at the beginning of 01-02 season, one year after he was absent. So for 1 whole season (00-01), he still got the pay although he was not playing.

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too. My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan.

So comparing Pippo with Redondo was absolutely stupid! Maybe you should compare Redondo with Jonathan Woodgate at Real, that's will make more sense.

I remember at the beginning of the season someone talked that Pippo is finished and compared him with RvNistelrooy, just another has been striker. Look at RvN now! The same thing can happen to Pippo too!

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Talking about integrity, someone compared him with Redondo. Shame on you! I said it again, shame on you! That is absolutely different! As much as I adore him, Redondo hasn't played one single official game when he was injured at the beginning of 00-01 season and it took him 2 seasons to play. And he proposed the pay cut at the beginning of 01-02 season, one year after he was absent. So for 1 whole season (00-01), he still got the pay although he was not playing.

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too.

So comparing Pippo with Redondo was absolutely stupid! Maybe you should compare Redondo with Jonathan Woodgate at Real, that's will make more sense.

Pippo has hardly played in the past 2 season. At the rate he is going he will probably miss the most of this season as well. Not many people have the class to do what redondo did so Pippo would be the last person i think that would do that. How they extended his contract when he has hardly played in 2 seasons is beyond me.

gaizka22 said:
I remember at the beginning of the season someone talked that Pippo is finished and compared him with RvNistelrooy, just another has been striker. Look at RvN now! The same thing can happen to Pippo too!

Ah Ruud only missed a few months of action. He still finished the top scorer of the champs league last season with 8 goals in his so called worst season. Man Utd havent signed any new strikers so once again he was given the chance to proove himself this season. If Pippo ever does come back, he would have Gila,Sheva and Vieri ahead of him. The chances of him playing to get back his fitness are slim. He would probably leave Milan or retire at the end of the season unless he plans on playing 5-6 games a season.

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
menon_inc said:
Pippo has hardly played in the past 2 season. At the rate he is going he will probably miss the most of this season as well. Not many people have the class to do what redondo did so Pippo would be the last person i think that would do that. How they extended his contract when he has hardly played in 2 seasons is beyond me.

My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan. That you can't deny. Milan extending his contract is a sign of faith. You should have the same too about him

menon_inc said:
Ah Ruud only missed a few months of action. He still finished the top scorer of the champs league last season with 8 goals in his so called worst season. Man Utd havent signed any new strikers so once again he was given the chance to proove himself this season. If Pippo ever does come back, he would have Gila,Sheva and Vieri ahead of him. The chances of him playing to get back his fitness are slim. He would probably leave Milan or retire at the end of the season unless he plans on playing 5-6 games a season.

The whole point is trying to get Pippo healthy again. Whether he's going to play is totally up to Ancelotti. We never know what would happen when he's healthy. One of the striker might get injured (knock on wood) or through suspension etc. He might have a chance to shine again.

amopippo

Primavera
Reaction score
I'VE waited for mio pippo for 2 yrs.cant wait to see him agaun!
forza pippo!
let's fight for pippo,all true fans! :D :star:

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
It was Juve's style of transfer. They always acquire young promising players, in their early 20s then turned them into superstars. When the players reach the wrong half of the 20s, they sell them so expensive to other clubs to make way for another young promising players in the early 20s, and the cycle never stops. This is the case with Pippo (for Trezeguet), Zidane (Nedved) and Baggio (Del Boy). Even when Platini came, he was replacing an English star who just brought them the scudetto. So no use of bitching about how Pippo or Juve shorthanded us. It was their style.

Someone mentioned that they won 3 scudettos after selling Pippo. That is partly wrong. They bought very good players: Nedved, Buffon and Thuram from the proceed of selling Zidane to Madrid, 55 million, still the world record fee. Pippo's transfer fee to Milan was not even half that amount.
What are you talking about? Nedved and Thuram were 29/30 when they moved to Juve. The same age as Zidane when he left. The point is Juve dumped Inzaghi because Trezeguet benched him. Juve thought Trezeguet would perform better and win for them and they were right. Inzaghi did not, even with Zidane, Van der Sar, and del Piero in their prime.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
Look look who *also* came a-crawling from his rock...

What exactly was the noble thing that Redondo did ? In a much publicized PR stunt he offered to take a salary cut after 15 months of lining his pockets with one one of the fattest paychecks in the biz, 15 months during which he NEVER kicked a ball for Milan. Oops, not only that,, I think he never even moved his butt back to Milan after being diagnosed + lived la dolce vita 'recuperating' in Madrid. His sudden flare-up of a conscience didn't hinder him to keep the fancy car + the fancy house, both provided by Milan. Speculation has always been he fooled us + came here already injured. Puts his noble deed in perspective, doesn't it ?

Pippo was offered a retirement deal after Berlusconi took a long + contemplative look at the shiny + spanking new piece of silverware that he proudly added to his impressive but dust-collecting display in his trophy cabinet... on one of those days in early summer of 2003.

If you disagree with Berlusconi's decision I strongly encourage you to relay your concerns to him in a formal letter. I'm sure he will have a long, good + healthy laugh.

:devil: FORZA PIPPO !!! :devil:

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:

Meanwhile Pippo came to the 01-02 season in full health, although was injured in the home game vs Chievo and was only healthy again late in the season. Next season (02-03) he was probably one of the fittest player in the squad. 03-04 and last season he managed to play couple of games too. My point is, he managed to play in every season that he's been with Milan.

The point is that in Redondo's situation he had the class and integrity about him to offer money back. On the other hand, Inzaghi has been collecting a massive paycheck for over two years now for playing a few matches and is scheduled to be paid for another four years. :eek:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acm7 said:
Inzaghi did not, even with Zidane, Van der Sar, and del Piero in their prime.

I stand corrected about Thuram's and Nedved's age. But you are quite wrong here. Juve won the 96-97 and 97-98 scudettos with Zidane, Del Boy and Pippo as their key players along with the likes of Di Livio, Peruzzi, Ferrara, Toricelli supporting them.

And not to mention (esp in 97-98) the refs. But thats another topic

Last edited:

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I stand corrected about Thuram's and Nedved's age. But you are quite wrong here. Juve won the 96-97 and 97-98 scudettos with Zidane, Del Boy and Pippo as their key players along with the likes of Di Livio, Peruzzi, Ferrara, Toricelli supporting them.

And not to mention (esp in 97-98) the refs. But thats another topic
Oh yes they did manage in 97-98 didn't they? Wasn't that del Piero's career best year. And 96-97, Inzaghi didn't happen to be on the Juve roster to claim that one. :o

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acm7 said:
The point is that in Redondo's situation he had the class and integrity about him to offer money back. On the other hand, Inzaghi has been collecting a massive paycheck for over two years now for playing a few matches and is scheduled to be paid for another four years. :eek:

Because even Redondo himself had no idea when he was going to be healthy again! Thats why! So whenever he returns he knew the club will still accept him. I am not saying we all know when Pippo will be playing again again, but at least we know the progress and there is hope.

Pippo was so unfortunate that he broke his wrist in the Copa game last season. Otherwise he would've played more league games, especially since at that time Milan was playing the christmas tree formation with Crespo alone because of Sheva's facial injury, although his style and Hernan's are similar.

The fact that he's still scheduled to be paid until the next 4 years is not our decision. Like passion said, direct your concern to Berlusconi.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acm7 said:
Oh yes they did manage in 97-98 didn't they? Wasn't that del Piero's career best year. And 96-97, Inzaghi didn't happen to be on the Juve roster to claim that one. :o

You're right, he was still in Atalanta at that time. How many goals did Pippo scored in 97-98 season? Anybody remember?

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
18? I think the refs got too tired of holding up the offside flag and simply gave up that year. :o

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Yet another thread dedicated to Pippo turning in to Pippo fans vs anti Pippo members. Not too impressive. One wonders why not people can get over it.

I expect arguements ends here for good. Thanks for co-operation in advance.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I don't understand how people have the nerves to attack a player who's been injured and eager to come back for so long. Yeah, I'm not the greatest fan of him either and I used to call him names too, but a fact remains, he's just a person who wants to do what he likes doing best: play football.

Injury is absolutely a footballer's nightmare and I know how it feels because it happened to the player who made me love this game. I don't want Pippo's fans to suffer the same way and I want him to come back (even if it means wasting a lot :D ) and have a normal retirement En Sha Allah :)

FORZA PIPPO!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka sheva gilardino pirlo
Kyara said:
I don't understand how people have the nerves to attack a player who's been injured and eager to come back for so long. Yeah, I'm not the greatest fan of him either and I used to call him names too, but a fact remains, he's just a person who wants to do what he likes doing best: play football.

Injury is absolutely a footballer's nightmare and I know how it feels because it happened to the player who made me love this game. I don't want Pippo's fans to suffer the same way and I want him to come back (even if it means wasting a lot :D ) and have a normal retirement En Sha Allah :)

FORZA PIPPO!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

yeah me too

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that certain forum members + so-called Milan fans have made it their calling to bash Pippo. They never participate in any other ongoing discussions + have nothing else to contribute than the same old repetitive anti-Inzaghi smears. These posters aren't Milan fans, they are trolls + their access to this forum should be denied :o

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Passion for *9* said:
It's pretty obvious that certain forum members + so-called Milan fans have made it their calling to bash Pippo. They never participate in any other ongoing discussions + have nothing else to contribute than the same old repetitive anti-Inzaghi smears. These posters aren't Milan fans, they are trolls + their access to this forum should be denied :o
Harsh but true :)

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that certain forum members + so-called Milan fans have made it their calling to bash everyone and everything (except for Pippo). These posters aren't Milan fans, they are trolls + their access to this forum should be denied. :o

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
acm7 said:
It's pretty obvious that certain forum members + so-called Milan fans have made it their calling to bash everyone and everything (except for Pippo). These posters aren't Milan fans, they are trolls + their access to this forum should be denied. :o

LOL spot on! I was just about to post that! agree 100%! :)

amopippo

Primavera
Reaction score
pippo's style can cause much trubles to him as we all see here!
if pippo is more skillful ,people wnot say he scores so many goals kust cuz he got good campions and Golden chances!.u say he miss so much goals.but if he is not pippo,if it's alex or totti or whoever,there will never be so many chances!pippo is the kind of forward that if he is on the field ,u would only see he miss again and again.u can only find he is so grt when he isnt there!
@u talk about bobo ,sheva,gali,well,i wouldnt say pippo is better than all of them all the time.but if u say pippo is the least useful,i'll strongly disagree.
@things are so complex.i cant express myself well! :conf:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
menon_inc said:
LOL spot on! I was just about to post that! agree 100%! :)
Passion is right, you really do live under a rock :rolleyes: Are you that timid that you have to limit your Pippo bashing outbursts to when someone else says it too? :o

THE MALDINESTA

Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)
acm7 said:
Yes, back to my original point -- Inzaghi should give back the millions he has been taking for doing nothing. At least Redondo had the integrity to do that. :o :tongue:
Yes I reckon what Redondo did, but..hey He's got injured before playing single game for us.And for all my admiration,respect and love for him,I'm so sorry to say this..He gave us nothing yet, that time.

So if You talk about Pippo should give back his wage, please look back.
I know some Pippo haters would find it hard to admit that it's coz of his contribution we won CL.Please be fair.No matter how I hate Crespo , I respected and thanked him for helping us to the final, last year.

And when you talked about integrity, why don't you ask your self about your integrity?
What kinda fan would say that, to one of his team's player who's still unable to play ,and desperately wishing to play, and the one who need our supports.

And What kinda "great club" if ever Milan do , what you suggest. Taking what they've given to Pippo.
We're absolutely have no intregity and dignity, if ever we kick him out and take what belongs to him....shame on you man :head:

[highlight]FORZA PIPPO,WE LOVE YOU, NO MATTER WHAT[/highlight]

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Lo Tsar said:
Passion is right, you really do live under a rock :rolleyes: Are you that timid that you have to limit your Pippo bashing outbursts to when someone else says it too? :o

Well punk people seem to come out with more reasons why they dont like pippo and i post if i agree with the reasons they give. If we compile everything we can probably come up with a book called 101 reasons why pippo shouldnt be a Milan player or something like that.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
menon_inc said:
Well punk people seem to come out with more reasons why they dont like pippo and i post if i agree with the reasons they give. If we compile everything we can probably come up with a book called 101 reasons why pippo shouldnt be a Milan player or something like that.

LOL :D If Pippo scores atleast 10 goals this season, i'll go with Lo Tsar. If he doesn't (which iam optimistic of), i'll go with menon ;)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:

Why don't you start it then? I will come with only 1 reason why he should be a Milan player: he scores goal.

Last edited: