AC Milan - Champions League 2011/2012

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Beating an english team for the first time in years is certainly worth being happy about.

our ideal situation would definitely involve a barca-real clash. Although wining the Cl by defeating these two would make it all the more epic. Confidence is high, and players are still due back from injury. Things are looking bright for the first time in some time.

Feeling very good about our chances this year. We really do have a great squad, so close to being world class.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I want us to pull a porto .. through the side door and screw the europe before they knew what hit them ..

Reaction score
Beating an english team for the first time in years is certainly worth being happy about.

our ideal situation would definitely involve a barca-real clash. Although wining the Cl by defeating these two would make it all the more epic. Confidence is high, and players are still due back from injury. Things are looking bright for the first time in some time.

Feeling very good about our chances this year. We really do have a great squad, so close to being world class.
I agree, ive had a good feeling about this ECL season for a while, in terms on squad strength only Real Madrid and Barcelona are stronger. The Arsenal team we beat is abysmal but destroying them will add massivly to our confidence and the fact we had Pato, Nesta, Aquilani, Cassano aswell as Gattuso, Flamini, Merkel, Strasser all out really boosted my confidence in this team.
I agree It will be extreamly tough against Barca or Real but I saw enough quality in the group stage preformances against Barca (without Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho, Mexes and Gattuso over 2 legs) that we could beat them espceially as there Defense isnt exactly the pinical of European defending (more like Brazilian) and there overreliance on Messi. Real Madrid are the team I really fear when I look through there squad I cant really seen any weakness and with the best Coach in the World in charge I hope we dont meet them until the final as ovr 1 game we can beat them but over 2 id favour them.

Reaction score
im loving how napoli is performing in europe. them beating some major teams from england and germany is very entertaining to watch. id love to watch them win at the bridge. hope we dont meet them later, just for diversity.
Id love a Milan vs Napoli final. 4-2 Milan win.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I hope Real Madrid and Barcelona meet eachother in the quarters or in the semis. One less team to worry about then. :cool:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quarters: Bayern Munich(we'll win the first game 4-1, doesn't matter home or away)

Semis: Real Madrid (3-1 at home, 2-3 loss away, we go through)

Final: Barca (we win 4-2, best final evaarrr)

You know where you heard it first.:o

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
I believe we still have a chance to go all the way. I am sure the team learned from this match. Never count a team out until the 180 minutes are over.
It's funny how people blast Milan when they have a bad performance. It happens.
And when they are playing good they say that we can win the UCL.
A.C._Milan_lifting_the_European_Cup_after_winning_the_2002%E2%80%9303_UEFA_Champions_League-800px.jpg

We are AC Milan

Last edited:

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
WORLD CLASS ATTACKING CENTRAL MIDFIELDER NEEDED! ie remember kaka,rui costa,boban. Also a left back. antoni always lets players cross the ball and mesbah ******* useless ! get MALDINI in to sort out positioning for our defence.but without these we wont win .FORZA MILAN maybe next year with dead wood gone and the young players ( merkel shaaraway etc) have more experience. were too wide with nothing in the middle except boateng he cant carry the midfield by himself for a season rem van baston retired @ 28 through it

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
APOEL leading against Lyon, if they go through I hope we meet them or Benfica.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldhino, Messi, KPB, Ibrah
^^^ Agreed. Don't want to see Bayern, Real, or Barca anytime soon! Let our guys get back on the pitch and get their rhythm before we go against a world class opponent.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
In a knock out competition anything can happen.

We are through to the last 8 and regardless of who we get we can beat them.

Forza Milan!!!!!

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
I believe we still have a chance to go all the way. I am sure the team learned from this match. Never count a team out until the 180 minutes are over.
It's funny how people blast Milan when they have a bad performance. It happens.
And when they are playing good they say that we can win the UCL.
A.C._Milan_lifting_the_European_Cup_after_winning_the_2002%E2%80%9303_UEFA_Champions_League-800px.jpg

We are AC Milan

Great post! :star:

It's funny the ones who are saying that we should never write teams off are the ones writing us off.. :lol:

As long as we are still in the competition, we have a chance.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quarters: Bayern Munich(we'll win the first game 4-1, doesn't matter home or away)

Semis: Real Madrid (3-1 at home, 2-3 loss away, we go through)

Final: Barca (we win 4-2, best final evaarrr)

You know where you heard it first.:o

I'm still of this opinion and I still hope we get BM in the quarters. If they even qualify, that is.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I'm hoping for an 'easy' draw. Would be great to get to the semi's both financial but most importantly to get back in pot 1.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Classification and more ... 08/03/2012 10:00

"The fear is gone, the qualification remains" .

Adriano Galliani was right: the 3-0 now, very heavy and unexpected, is slowly fading from red and black psyche.

What remains, as heavy as a boulder, is the qualification to the quarterfinals, arm in arm with Apoel, Barthelona and Benfica.

The three networks built Emirates Stadium will not be remembered as a new Caporetto, but only as a night more thrilling than expected.

A twenty-four hours away, in addition to a place among the top eight in the Champions League, AC Milan has a solo record in the league: Ladri, the accomplice of Bologna 1-1, failed to conquer his head, remaining separated by two lengths.

A nice boost for the men of Allegri, which at this point, will be the builders of their destiny is in Italy and Europe.

But do not forget the debacle with too much superficiality London: Sweet a defeat, it is true, but not without a factual discussion.

The team viewed with Arsenal (one way), Cesena, Ladri and Palermo, has a difference with that observed at the Emirates: the different competitive nastiness.

If in previous challenges, the Rossoneri have been bitten its prey, in London you are sitting on their laurels too, being invested by the fury Gunners without notice.

An important lesson for the rest of the season that, despite everything, is still full of fascinating challenges and decisive.​

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Guardiola hails Milan’s Ibrahimovic
By Football Italia staff

Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic is an “extraordinary” player, says Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.

The Spaniard coached the Swede at the Camp Nou for one season before Ibra joined Milan following a breakdown in their relationship.

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri believes that Ibra is among the top three players in the world, alongside Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid, a claim Guardiola agrees with.

“Ibra and Messi are two extraordinary players,” he noted after the Argentine scored five in the 7-1 Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen.

“I know Ibrahimovic well, but not very well because I only had him for one season. He always does something fantastic in Italy.”

However, the former Brescia and Roma player did concede that Messi was something very special indeed.

“He's the best ever, there is no other like him,” Guardiola continued of the man who has scored 186 goals in his last 201 Barca games.

“The numbers speak for themselves. One day he'll score six. We'll never see a player like him again.

“We witnessed one of Messi's special nights tonight, it's a gift and I will always be able to say that I coached him.

“The only credit I can take is that I always put him in the team and we just try to make sure he gets the ball. After that our task is done.

“The throne belongs to him and only he will decide when he wants to relinquish it.”

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hope Berlusconi plays his hand and gets us benefica or apoel

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Guardiola hails Milan’s Ibrahimovic?

More like hailing Messi.

FrE4k

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Depends on the next round opponent, Milan can surely fight in the semi-finals, but if somehow avoid Real Madrid, and eventually Barca even though i think that Catalans are all ready read it book.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Teams already in:
Milan
APOEL
Benfica
Barça

Team yet to qualify (teams with a winning agg. in bold)
Basel
Bayern
Real
CSKA
Napoli
Chelsea
Marseille
Inter

I think it might do us better if we had a fortunate QF draw (I'd really like to get Benfica), and then a marquee SF match

Maybe Real and Barça can get drawn against each other (that'd help loads)

As for Bayern...I'd like Basel to knock them out (helps with the coefficient). If Basel can get a 3-3 draw with United at Old Trafford, I don't see why they can't hold out for a draw at the Allianz, or score an away goal.

Inter progressing would also help the coefficient, but I won't be shedding any tears if they get eliminated.

With Napoli...let's hope they knock out the English...after that...I really don't mind - BUT if we had to play against them, we're gonna have to wear the black kit :S

R&B Milan

THE BIG BOSS
Reaction score
Barcelona coach Guardiola wants to avoid AC Milan in Champions League quarter-finals
The two clubs were paired together in the group stages, with Barca only managing a draw at home to the Rossoneri before defeating the Italians 3-2 in an epic tussle at San Siro

170998hp2.jpg

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has revealed that he would like to avoid AC Milan in the draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

The Blaugrana have already faced the Rossoneri twice in this season's competition, having been placed in the same group as the Italian champions.

Barcelona got the better of Milan by managing to triumph 3-2 at San Siro after being held to a 2-2 draw at Camp Nou, but they were made to work hard for their four points and for that reason, Guardiola is keen to steer clear of Massimiliano Allegri's side for at least one more round.

"I would like to avoid Milan in the quarter-finals," the former Spain international told reporters ahead of Friday's draw.

"We have already played [twice] and they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

"However, to reach the final in Munich, there is still so much to accomplish and above all, there remains the need to clash with the best."

Barcelona booked their place in the last eight with a 10-2 demolition of Bayer Leverkusen, while Milan scraped past Arsenal 4-3 on aggregate.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Teams already in:
Milan
APOEL
Benfica
Barça

Team yet to qualify (teams with a winning agg. in bold)
Basel
Bayern
Real
CSKA
Napoli
Chelsea
Marseille
Inter

I think it might do us better if we had a fortunate QF draw (I'd really like to get Benfica), and then a marquee SF match

Maybe Real and Barça can get drawn against each other (that'd help loads)

As for Bayern...I'd like Basel to knock them out (helps with the coefficient). If Basel can get a 3-3 draw with United at Old Trafford, I don't see why they can't hold out for a draw at the Allianz, or score an away goal.

Inter progressing would also help the coefficient, but I won't be shedding any tears if they get eliminated.

With Napoli...let's hope they knock out the English...after that...I really don't mind - BUT if we had to play against them, we're gonna have to wear the black kit :S

Madrid has a winning agg. ... Away goal difference.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Bayern and Marseille join Milan, APOEL, Benfica and Barça in the UCL QF.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
So far it looks like we would be 2nd/3rd favourites. If madrid get through that is.

Honestly, this is a great chance, the money and added bonus of winning the CL would be massive for us. Plus we could once again sit atop the football world..... damn I hope we get a good draw, meet who ever and beat barca/madrid in the final.