One striker too many?

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
I know this may sound a bit odd... but assuming Gilardino will come to milan (what looks very likely now) will milan have one striker too many...

I am very thrilled to see the new aqusitions.. (although I miss crespo)...
We al know Pippo is very injury prone and tommason still believes in his place... yet I believe: all 5 okay mayby 4 of our strike force are First team Players with the exception of maybe tommason who is a great player ans an even better sub... a other Sheva,Vieri,Pippo,nd Gilardino are amazing and when fit (and its possible that they all will be at the same time) which one of them will sit on the bench... I really can't see it... I wonder what and how has giallini and/or ancelotti conviced them all to stay ... what do they have in their contracts?

okay lets see... in order:

1. Sheva when fit i irreplaceble.

2. Gilardino will have to be the second in line when he comes...

3. Vieri as a new signing will be third.

an that leaves two great players wasting their time

4. Inzaghi is still capable and won't be happy not playig I think

5. Tomasson I don't understand how he is hoping to play a role in the team if he didn't play much as a 3rd striker let alone be 5th now...????

I am affraid (unless we has 3 Strikers injured) One of Tommason or Pippo should go... not to waste their inevatalbe talent and time...
(in any other team past Milan,Juve,Inter,Roma they would be indespensable first team players. Udinese (CL material) for wxample could use someone like them, or fiorentina.

FOrza MILan .... its just a thougt... but we will mos definatly see a lot of goal nezt season.... Niceee....

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Just seconds after I wrote this therad...

Football Italia

Chelsea are today reportedly lining up a £60m swoop to sign Andriy Shevchenko from Milan.

The Rossoneri would be prepared to sell their star striker should Chelsea up their previous bid of £55m for the player, stories suggest.

The blow of losing the Golden Ball winner would be softened by the signing of Parma striker Alberto Gilardino, a deal expected to be announced imminently, as the transfer hinges on the successful sale of Parma to construction entrepreneur Paolo Pizzarotti.

Chelsea feel that the time is right to make a further bid, as the signing of Gilardino would mean Milan have an abundance of striking talent, with the recently signed Christian Vieri, Pippo Inzaghi, Jon Dahl Tomasson and Shevchenko.

However, with the fitness of injury prone Inzaghi again causing concern, Milan are in no rush to sell, and are said to be waiting on their return from a pre-season tournament to make a decision on whether to offload one of their strikers.

Tomasson is tipped as the most likely to be eventually sold, with Portuguese side Benfica, German club Stuttgart, French outfit Marseille as well as Sampdoria and Palermo being touted as possible destinations for the Dane.

No deal has yet been struck, as sides have so far been put off by Milan’s alleged £4m asking price and the striker’s wage demands.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, I will never forgive Galliani if he sells sheva, granted Gilardino is able to replace the Ukraniane, but think of how good they could be if they teamed up!

Also, switching clubs is always a big issue, one never knows if the player will fit in with management or adjust to his new teamates. That is why we should not place all our hopes soley on Gilardino.

But 60$ million guys, that's a lot of smack to throw around, that's like alsomest 3 Gilardinos. But still, Sheva has been with us since an early age and I would not like to see him go.

It really is a hard choice because we do have one more striker than we need. And although thomason needs to go, that won't solve the issue because Inzaghi and Vieri will bitch about the bench and they would be right to do so.

That is why I think it should be Inen i izaghi that leaves, although he did impress me in his display against he last Juve game. But even in this decision I have a problem, because even though it might be stupid, I still believe in an Inzaghi comeback.

I thought this would be a relatively easy choice when I first read it, but the more I think about it the more difficult it seems. Both Vieri nzaghi have not been in form last season and if we sell sheva and they don't imporve then gentleman selling sheva would be a mistake. But if Vieri gets back to his old ways and Inzaghi makes even half a comeback then selling Sheva for a wooping 60 million is a good deal.

So the point to this whole big argument, to sell sheva for 60 or to keep him lies in weather we believe Vieri and Inzaghi can perform better then they did last year? what do you think, can they?

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I think we'll most probably see JDT leaving. I'd love to see Inzaghi in form, in full glory, though. Seeing him pair up with Sheva is still an ecxiting thought. We have to rem this is a worls cup year so every player, not least the strikers, will give their all to guarantee their place in their national teams. I think Milan are in for a windfall!!

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
With two injury prone players
No, we don't have too many attackers

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our objective was and still is, to have 5 strikers at our disposal.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I don't think we have too many strikers. If we want to compete at both the CL and serie A (and the Copa too maybe), at least 2 pairs of strikers with the same quality will be needed.

However, I always think if Gila comes one of the strikers will have to go. And I don't think it will be Sheva or Vieri, unless we want to barter Vieri with Gila, which I don't think neither Milan nor Vieri will agree.

So, it's only JDT or Pippo (with all due respect to him). It's most probably be JDT, he got offers coming from many clubs and Pippo is too injury prone.

But my only wish is that we have our 2 main strikers stay healthy and injury free throughout the whole competition, something we never had since season 99/00 with Sheva, Weah and Bierhoff (although we loaned Weah to Chelsea mid season).

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
We donot need to sell any one

:mad: Their is no need to sell Sheva even for 1000000 million pounds.
:mad: No need to sell JDT

:mad: How the hell can we relie on Inzaghi & Vieri at this stage of their careeries

:mad:JDT wants to play as 4th choice or as a regular sub so there is no need to sell him. Y some dam fools donot understand that:mad: . Its not only 10 matches in 1 season. Milan's target should be atleast :star: 3 tittles next season.:star: For this achievement we must have SHEVA, GILA, JDT, PIPPO & VIERI in full flow.
:mad: Y u idiots still dont understand that JDT is a must player.:mad:
How u guys can imagine that Pippo & Vieri will score more tha JDT now both are well above 30.:mad:
:tongue: JDT score most of his goals in 15-20 min time as a sub.:tongue:
Vieri has played as a 1st choice striker in Inter for 6 years so how can he play as a sub for 10-15 mins now at this stage of his career.:mad:
:mad: Dont u idiots see JUVENTUS have TREZEGUET, DEL PIERO, IBRAHIMOVIC, MUTU, & ZALAYATA 5 complete strikers. Why the hell Should Milan let one of the 5 go. Any team shiuld have 5 strikers for a complete season.:mad:
:mad: So​
:mad: we need Sheva,​
:mad: we need Pippo,​
:mad: we need Vieri,​
:mad: we need JDT,​
:mad: we need Gila.​
We need 5 strikers. Keep ur mouths shout abt the transfer of JDT or Sheva:mad:
:mad: IDIOTS :mad:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I think it is also important to concider what kind of strikers we have. Gila & Vieri are more or less the same type player just like Pippo & JDT although they all have their small differences. Sheva is special but he´ll also have to spend time on the bench if he does´nt hit top form which is a new situation form him.

I would´nt mind if Pippo left although he has his moments. It truely is hard to make your mind up when you have 5 strikers of this calibre. My suggestion

Dida

Maldini - Nesta - Stam

Gattuso

Kaka - Tomasson

Gila - Sheva - Vieri - Inzaghi

Problem solved :)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mzk57 said:

:mad: How the hell can we relie on Inzaghi & Vieri at this stage of their careeries

:mad:JDT wants to play as 4th choice or as a regular sub so there is no need to sell him. Y some dam fools donot understand that:mad: . Its not only 10 matches in 1 season. Milan's target should be atleast :star: 3 tittles next season.:star: For this achievement we must have SHEVA, GILA, JDT, PIPPO & VIERI in full flow.
How u guys can imagine that Pippo & Vieri will score more tha JDT now both are well above 30.:mad:
Vieri has played as a 1st choice striker in Inter for 6 years so how can he play as a sub for 10-15 mins now at this stage of his career.:mad:
:mad: Dont u idiots see JUVENTUS have TREZEGUET, DEL PIERO, IBRAHIMOVIC, MUTU, & ZALAYATA 5 complete strikers. Why the hell Should Milan let one of the 5 go. Any team shiuld have 5 strikers for a complete season.:mad:

Watch ur words, buddy, this forum's here for decent exchange of views; not a stage for swearing at fellow forumers.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
mzk57 said:

I like ur comment keep it up :D

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
seem's like Mourinho has projected a new Chelskea attack made by a great attacking duo: Crespo - Sheva and helped by robben, lampard , duff and many more. But it's for sure that he can see it only on his dream's cause sheva is Milan's forever. As far for the big number of striker's i doubt too what'll happen. But if we sign Gila than Tommason will be definetely sold or Pippo. Otherwise (without Gila) we will have four strikers, and Carlo said himself that he want's five striker's cause of the problem's in attack last season.

SGK

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,
mzk57 said:

Why all the god damn smileys man?? Its really annoying! :head:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Rossoneri, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
i will hate galliani if sheva goes anywhere
especially chelsea :(

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
Emaad said:
i will hate galliani if sheva goes anywhere
especially chelsea :(

i never liked chelsea man.. if sheva goes over there... i might organize a hate campaign against chelsea... :o

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
I think JDT will be sold to Deportivo this summer.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
i think jdt will be sold to sampdoria thats wat the latest reports say

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't have a striker too many when 2 of our FRONT PACKAGE are 32 + rather injury-prone. Besides, Ancelotti proclaimed he would LOVE to have 5 strikers on the roster this season. He sure knows why. And if you re-read my first sentence, you know too ;)

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
5 strikers isnt too many. I still think theres a strong chance JDT will get sold but i wudnt mind if he stays. I would love it if we had 2 strong teams that we can rotate because last season we got too tired at the end of the season. We finished second in Italy and Europe but check our last 7-8 games. Lucky wins, ties and losses.

Oh and MZK57. I'm pretty sure u can get ur point across without callin anyone an idiot. We value your arguments. Just not ur delivery.

:dance:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don Dada said:
5 strikers isnt too many. I still think theres a strong chance JDT will get sold but i wudnt mind if he stays. I would love it if we had 2 strong teams that we can rotate because last season we got too tired at the end of the season. We finished second in Italy and Europe but check our last 7-8 games. Lucky wins, ties and losses.

Oh and MZK57. I'm pretty sure u can get ur point across without callin anyone an idiot. We value your arguments. Just not ur delivery.

:dance:

I go with Don Dada.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
mzk57 said:

Yes, I love it as well. Give us hell!!

Please, tell us again how stupid we are.... HURRAY!! We all suck

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Vernetti said:
Yes, I love it as well. Give us hell!!

Please, tell us again how stupid we are.... HURRAY!! We all suck

I'll help out----you're a complete ******.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
mzk57 said:

Seamus, where are you now??? :tongue:

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
the one and only sheva said:
I say sell tomasson so pozzi can be our 5th striker

i agree...lets give pozzi a chance he needs experience with a big club like milna lets actually play him,dnt make him turn out like borriello

Schedule