\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah. My biggest concern with Gattuso's current system is that we regularly fall apart whenever being faced with some pressure. Heck, even Cagliari had us in their pockets the 20 minutes they played some pressing.

I tend to think that's not only on the players. Maybe not even on the system, or at least not mainly. To me it seems to be a mental problem in the 1st place. And yeah, that's on the coach ofc.

Agree

Speaking of concerns, i really dont like that we dont have players that attack the space. Doesnt need to be very fast players, but the ones that can exploit holes.. If our wingers are slow, we could have attacking FB's. But instead we have Hakan (who likes to get ball to feet) and Rodriguez who is not exactly the type of player who attack the space...
Too many static players and too few runners

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
c067ee425680d3f9e6bcb46a8c198f97.jpg

WaterloggedWhimsicalKakarikis-size_restricted.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree

Speaking of concerns, i really dont like that we dont have players that attack the space. Doesnt need to be very fast players, but the ones that can exploit holes.. If our wingers are slow, we could have attacking FB's. But instead we have Hakan (who likes to get ball to feet) and Rodriguez who is not exactly the type of player who attack the space...
Too many static players and too few runners

Conti and Laxalt would help in that. Fullbacks that have pace and like to get forward.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Contract is still running at Chelsea.

Not sure but clause is 10mil or something.

Any team who want Conte will have to pay his settlement and will have to release him from Chelsea.

He wants 15m from Chelsea and Chelsea want 10m to release him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any team who want Conte will have to pay his settlement and will have to release him from Chelsea.

He wants 15m from Chelsea and Chelsea want 10m to release him.

Conte will probably just collect what he was due to make this season from Chelsea and start fresh next summer with a new club. Unless Gattuso reaches the UCL, it'll probably be Milan.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Conte will probably just collect what he was due to make this season from Chelsea and start fresh next summer with a new club. Unless Gattuso reaches the UCL, it'll probably be Milan.

It’s not like we are playing shitty football under Gattuso. We are actually playing good but man he’s taking some silly decisions during games.

So far he has lost us 5 points from the bench. He only utilized his bench during the Roma game, on the other 3 occasions he made it really worse.

Let’s see how in what position we end up at the end of next month. This is when the management will move if we are still sitting 10th.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s not like we are playing shitty football under Gattuso. We are actually playing good but man he’s taking some silly decisions during games.

So far he has lost us 5 points from the bench. He only utilized his bench during the Roma game, on the other 3 occasions he made it really worse.

Let’s see how in what position we end up at the end of next month. This is when the management will move if we are still sitting 10th.

I think the games vs Empoli and Sassuolo this week will play a factor in their decision on Gattuso. They won't wait around and let half a season slip by like with Montella if Milan aren't near the top 4. They've already started falling way behind Juve and Napoli. Can't afford to let other teams start creating gaps as well for those last 2 UCL spots. Especially with an international break coming up in October if you need to make a coaching change.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I think the games vs Empoli and Sassuolo this week will play a factor in their decision on Gattuso. They won't wait around and let half a season slip by like with Montella if Milan aren't near the top 4. They've already started falling way behind Juve and Napoli. Can't afford to let other teams start creating gaps as well for those last 2 UCL spots. Especially with an international break coming up in October if you need to make a coaching change.

Gattuso can’t win against De Zerbi

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
EDF next game is his last chance and Roma are already linked with Conte.

Meanwhile at milan:
come on man, it's just beginning of the season, give Gattuso time.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
EDF next game is his last chance and Roma are already linked with Conte.

Meanwhile at milan:
come on man, it's just beginning of the season, give Gattuso time.

Sounds like one of Sousa, Montella, or Ranieri are more likely candidates to take over at Roma.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Sounds like one of Sousa, Montella, or Ranieri are more likely candidates to take over at Roma.

i think Roma's board just PR that Conte rumor to check will he at least consider it or not.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and also after that injury, 1+ season away from football, i really dont expect him to be any good for us imho... I just cant say i am optimistic about his situation

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
If Conte didnt mean 3-5-2 again and probably getting rid of players like Hakan, I'd be all for Conte.. but

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Guys, you blame Rino for his subs and I too think they were not good. But, both Hakan and Bona were running out of steam and had to be subbed.

Who else would you have chosen?

If we'd have Cutrone available, we could've gone 4-4-2, at leas. But, that wasn't an option.

Bakayoko is still kinda bad, but not worse than Mauri or Bertolacci. Abate for Calabria doesn't help either. Castillejo is not very reliable, as well.

Our bench has improved a bit, but is still very very shit.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Hakan was bad from the start, Bona wasnt running out of steam, he was pretty good.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
1st thing we have to improve, is this mental breakdown that keeps on happening

2nd we desperately need some bench in the winter mercato. A midfielder and maybe swap Borini + cash for a better attacking option

Letting Bacca go was bad too, but I guess he really wanted to leave, after the shit with Montella

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
A major change needs to be Donna right now. Kid needs a time out at least and regroup. If the last man is a huge question mark in every play, it makes the players in front of him uneasy. Let's at least try Reina and see if things change, if he can calm our play from the back.

Bonaventura getting subbed out for Bakayoko is questionable but our options are fairly limited. Sucks but that's the situation. I don't mind Samu coming in for Hakan, Hakan was having a mediocre game and was gassed. Abate for Calabria is depressing but Calabria fucked up defensively as well and was also gassed. The subs aren't great but neither are the options.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Rebuilds are hard and take time.

The problem is people are getting impatient and it's really no fault of Gattuso, management or ownership. We've been through a bunch of botched rebuilds repeatedly with others in charge, it's been quite some time since we had any real success or continuous improvement.

Fans of this club, much like the club and it's legends, have an insatiable appetite for trophies and the last years have been tough.

Have faith brothers - that's all I got.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
The problem is people are getting impatient and it's really no fault of Gattuso, management or ownership. We've been through a bunch of botched rebuilds repeatedly with others in charge, it's been quite some time since we had any real success or continuous improvement.

Fans of this club, much like the club and it's legends, have an insatiable appetite for trophies and the last years have been tough.

Have faith brothers - that's all I got.

Gattuso is making mistakes. It’s normal to make mistakes but to make the same mistake means there is no progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule