The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Yes and No.

Leao has a vast array of tools but do not exaggerate.
He only started pressing defenders only after he scored his first goal before that he was just chasing butterflies on the pitch.
To be precise, right now the only position he can play is CF because on Pioli's system the RW and LW have to press a lot. Right now Leao cannot bench Rebic, Sale-boy or even Castillejo. Though, as you said we have to give him a pass because he is not at the right fitness level.

You know not everyone can remeber when zlatan was Leaos age. But stats dont lie.

The earliest stats Zlatan has was from 01/02 so he was 20/21 that season. He scored 6 goals in Eredivisie.

Leao was 20/21 last season although he was really 20 because he turned 21 after covid but lets jsut say 20/21. he scored 6 goals in serie a that season.

Milan finished 6th with 63 goals for last season.
Ajax finished first with 73 goals in the 01/02 season.

Just have a think about that for a second before you give leao a hard time.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we would commit to making Leao a CF. Wingers and SS are a dime a dozen, but CFs with his attributes are rare. He’s got good size and speed, he needs to pack on a little weight, but he’s got the frame to do it.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Do you think if we get Ajer that eventually with Hauge & Ajer if we qualify for UCL we may have a shot at bringing in Haaland to take over for Ibra??? :D Would be just too perfect right? ;)
We're not gonna be invited at that table buddy :lol:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, this is the hope as IMO Milenkovich was the best of the many options we were looking at. For a much cheaper option I like Ajer also.

Do you think if we get Ajer that eventually with Hauge & Ajer if we qualify for UCL we may have a shot at bringing in Haaland to take over for Ibra??? :D Would be just too perfect right? ;)

Of course we are getting Haaland

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Khediras contract with Juve could be terminated. If Juve have to pay him out he might be willing to sign for nothing. He would make a good CB/CDM cover if his wages are between 1 and 2 mill. Plus he is a world cup winner.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Khediras contract with Juve could be terminated. If Juve have to pay him out he might be willing to sign for nothing. He would make a good CB/CDM cover if his wages are between 1 and 2 mill. Plus he is a world cup winner.
Elliott says otherwise

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
If not Haaland Mbappe pls eliott :o

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
We are on a forum created for football club Milan.

I have all the rights to hype or be biased for Milan players here.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

and I have right to laugh at someone opinion.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
This was never the problem for any of our missed target as Maldini had already come to an agreement with the players. He just couldn't find an agreement on the purchase cost or find a solution that would satisfy the clubs.

That could be because of lack of funds but could also be lack of negotiating skills/experience. We don't know so it is difficult to say if he failed his objectives or not.

If Tonali is to be used in double pivot, he must have someone with great defensive capabilities next to him. Someone that can compensate for his lack of defensive capabilities so that he can be more involved in the attack phase.

God what I wouldn't have given to see Baka next to him...

Damn you Rino!
Gazidis literally said it in the video interview. And he's maldini's boss.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Wait, I don't understand what Gazidis meant by saying our brand is still enormous throughout the world. Didn't people here say we are irrelevant?

The CEO appointed by multi-billi managing private equity fund to run 7 Time European Cup Winning, multi-era defining, several balon d?or winning super club AC Milan confidently announces how brolic the brand is but internet finance forum sluths don?t agree???

giphy.gif

Hmmm.... who to believe, who to believe?

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Atalanta got better drugs ...

I have a question for everyone.

Firstly I know through friends that doping is pretty prevalent in the UFC. I mean you only need to look at Adesanya to know this.

But how prevalent is doping in Football.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The CEO appointed by multi-billi managing private equity fund to run 7 Time European Cup Winning, multi-era defining, several balon d?or winning super club AC Milan confidently announces how brolic the brand is but internet finance forum sluths don?t agree???

giphy.gif

:lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Milan : Look at my ginormous 12 inch brand.

Also Milan : random French cbs are rejecting us to play for nothing clubs like Leicester and newcastle.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE MN - From England, Kinsella: "Milan, that's why Rudiger and Bakayoko didn't arrive. In January ..."

To comment on the negotiations for Rudiger and Bakayoko, both unsuccessful, between Milan and Chelsea, the editorial staff of MilanNews.it contacted exclusively Nizaar Kinsella , Goal.com correspondent for Chelsea and everything else that orbits the world Blues . These are the questions and answers:

In the last hours of the transfer market, Milan, looking for a central defender, tried for Rudiger. What has been said in England about this possible deal?

“On the player there were Tottenham, West Ham, Barcelona and PSG, with Milan and Roma moving a bit behind the others. Milan wanted to try with a loan with the right of redemption, but there were several problems. First of all, the player's salary, who at Chelsea gets 100 thousand pounds a week (about 5 million euros a year, ed). The modality of the deal was also to be discussed: the eventual right of redemption should have been very high, and in any case Chelsea would have wanted an obligation. The first idea of ​​Abrahmovic's club was to sell the player outright, but due to the Coronavirus emergency there are many clubs that have economic problems: Milan is no exception and this has not allowed a possible deal to go to successful".

Can Rudiger leave Chelsea in January?

“Yes, without a doubt he can leave Chelsea in January. Among the clubs that were interested in the German defender, many have already found an alternative: Tottenham and West Ham should take a defender from the Championship, Barcelona instead will try again for Eric Garcia of Manchester City. Therefore, in January both Milan and PSG could be possible destinations for Rudiger, but it is also true that other interested clubs could arrive ".

Throughout the summer there have been contacts between Milan and Chelsea for Tiemoue Bakayoko without ever reaching a definitive agreement. What happened?

“Also for Bakayoko the situation was similar to Rudiger's. There was also PSG on the player but in the end he went to Napoli. Chelsea asked for an obligation to redeem while AC Milan offered only one right, in an operation similar to that of 2018. Milan really wanted to bring Bakayoko back to Italy but not under the conditions of Chelsea, who asked for a lot of money. The Blues have taken the midfielder from Monaco for 40 million pounds, and when Chelsea negotiate the sale of their player they always want to collect a figure close to what they spent. They asked Milan for 30-32 million pounds for a player who hasn't been doing very well lately, which is why an agreement has not been reached. In the end, Milan went to other goals, Napoli arrived when there was no one left and managed to strike a pretty good deal. A dry loan for about 5 million euros, with no right or obligation to redeem. Milan perhaps moved too early for him ".

Apart from Rudiger and Bakayoko, have there been contacts between Milan and Chelsea for other players as well?

"No, there were no discussions between the two clubs for other players."

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
This season is the first time in history we don't have the number 9 shirt assigned.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

giphy.gif

CEO of club that pays his wages praises said club.

In other news, water is wet.

In all honesty tho, the Milan brand has potential. But it is a brand that is mostly associated with history now. The truth may hurt a bit, but the reality is that the likes of City and PSG have stronger brands in current times despite not having said history.

At the end of the day, it's results on the pitch and regular CL football that matters. Social media is what nowadays builds strong brands and Milan has been a nonfactor for most of the social media age. I mean, the last time we were in the CL, Snapchat was just starting off, Instagram was still small, and tiktok did not exist. Most of what folks nowadays associate with Milan is past glories, and the fans do the same.

So yes, there is definitiely potential for the Milan brand to become popular again but we are not there yet. Not until we become serious CL contenders.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

In all honesty tho, the Milan brand has potential. But it is a brand that is mostly associated with history now. The truth may hurt a bit, but the reality is that the likes of City and PSG have stronger brands in current times despite not having said history.

At the end of the day, it's results on the pitch and regular CL football that matters. Social media is what nowadays builds strong brands and Milan has been a nonfactor for most of the social media age. I mean, the last time we were in the CL, Snapchat was just starting off, Instagram was still small, and tiktok did not exist. Most of what folks nowadays associate with Milan is past glories, and the fans do the same.

So yes, there is definitiely potential for the Milan brand to become popular again but we are not there yet. Not until we become serious CL contenders.

Brands get built easily and rebuilt even faster with a winning squad. Liverpool were basically in our position for a lot longer than we were. Leicester were nothing before shockingly winning the title. An exciting Milan in the CL challenging for the scudetto will very easily regain a lot of the lost brand value during the banter era. The new stadium and a resurgent Serie A will help a lot. I?m not worried, but we need to be in the CL as fast as possible to avoid having to sacrifice someone like Donnarumma.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Brands get built easily and rebuilt even faster with a winning squad. Liverpool were basically in our position for a lot longer than we were. Leicester were nothing before shockingly winning the title. An exciting Milan in the CL challenging for the scudetto will very easily regain a lot of the lost brand value during the banter era. The new stadium and a resurgent Serie A will help a lot. I?m not worried, but we need to be in the CL as fast as possible to avoid having to sacrifice someone like Donnarumma.
Yep

This is a do or die season. If we fail to make CL again this season, we will probably end up losing some of our promising players.

Hence why I found the mercato disappointing. We finally have a team that is a serious contender and just needed two more players for spots that have a serious depth issue and can potentially make or break our season (Kessie backup and CB). I just dont like that we are gambling on Kessie remaining injury free and not getting fatigued.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yep

This is a do or die season. If we fail to make CL again this season, we will probably end up losing some of our promising players.

Hence why I found the mercato disappointing. We finally have a team that is a serious contender and just needed two more players for spots that have a serious depth issue and can potentially make or break our season (Kessie backup and CB). I just dont like that we are gambling on Kessie remaining injury free and not getting fatigued.

January isn?t that far off. There?s a lot of games until then but I think Kessie, Bennacer and Tonali can rotate well enough so we don?t push anyone over their limit. I?m more worried about Theo to be honest. Not sure if anyone can come close to what he offers on the left. That?s why I was disappointed we never got a Theo-lite like Robinson.

I?m also optimistic that Leao can finally realize that he can be a great CF. It?s why I?m not that worried about losing Ibra.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
CM: AC Milan want to accelerate for the renewal of Donnarumma. The club's plan is clear: a 4-year contract extension with a salary increase to reach €8M net + bonuses. The real issue to be solved, however, is the release clause that Raiola would like to insert in the contract.

Make it 6 years :o

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
CM: AC Milan want to accelerate for the renewal of Donnarumma. The club's plan is clear: a 4-year contract extension with a salary increase to reach ?8M net + bonuses. The real issue to be solved, however, is the release clause that Raiola would like to insert in the contract.

1 billion release clause :g:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

You have a good point overall about Milan's appeal coming from its rich history atm, but City and PSG don't have a stronger brand than us, not by a long shot.

City especially before COVID struggled constantly to put people in seats at Etihad, they are still viewed like a smalltime club world wide. PSG have it better than that, but not by much, and certainly don't have have a stronger brand than Milan world wide.

As for the mercatto it could have been better, like brk mentioned, decent cover for Theo is the main disappointment from it. All in all though, if our players stay fit, and free of Covid we should be able to secure a top four spot.

There's two places in top four that are up for grabs for anyone in the top 8. The only ones I see set in stone are Juventus & Atalanta's.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Yep

With the -not so easy- EL games coming up too, I feel we still lack 2-3 players to actually go for a top 4 spot, and then I'm talking about a good player on every line: attack, midfield and in the back. Leao, for example, has qualities but somehow I don't trust him upfront. On one hand he's not really consistent, on the other hand he didn't get enough games either to show that he can be. I do believe our season will depend heavily on wether Ibra will stay healthy/injury-free or not.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
CM: AC Milan want to accelerate for the renewal of Donnarumma. The club's plan is clear: a 4-year contract extension with a salary increase to reach ?8M net + bonuses. The real issue to be solved, however, is the release clause that Raiola would like to insert in the contract.

If that ruling comes in on capping agents' fees as a percentage of the sale price then it would become in Raiola's interest for the sale price to be as high as possible.

Although obviously much more in his interest to move Gigio for free or in January before the ruling happens.

50m in the case of failing to qualify for the CL, valid only for clubs outside Italy seems generous.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano: Milan held talks with Mario G?tze but quickly dismissed the idea due to his €5M salary+requesting a payment upon his signing which wasn’t convincing for the Rossoneri.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kabak intermediary George Gardi to TMW:

"AC Milan did everything possible to finalise and together with us in the entourage we tried until the end to ensure that the negotiation would be successful We are talking about a player born in 2000 with Champions League experience. Milan are growing in their project, which fascinates the player above all because it is based on the trust given to young champions. I think their paths will cross again."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule