Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
What a game from Suso, if he keeps improving slowly this kid can really go places. Shame we didn't capitalize on his brilliance today.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Niang use to be a much more clever dribbler, I dont know what happened to him.

Wouldn't use Niang and "clever" in the same sentence.

Glad for Suso, too bad we didn't win.

He could do so much more surrounded by better players. A good ball playing RB and someone faster and more technical than Kucka + a CF that is better with the ball at his feet, is that too much to ask? :D

Reaction score
Early in the season (up until recently when Niang was out with the flu) we played almost exclusively down the left hand side through Niang. Because of this Suso was labelled inconsistent/ineffective. It seems since Niang's short absence, Suso has stepped up and our attacks are more and more coming from his side. With increased touches on the ball he's finally showing the impact he can have and I'm impressed by it. I was skeptical at the beginning of the season and he's recently started proving me wrong.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am really, really impressed how he has improved over a year. The time in Genoa was very important for him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Early in the season (up until recently when Niang was out with the flu) we played almost exclusively down the left hand side through Niang. Because of this Suso was labelled inconsistent/ineffective. It seems since Niang's short absence, Suso has stepped up and our attacks are more and more coming from his side. With increased touches on the ball he's finally showing the impact he can have and I'm impressed by it. I was skeptical at the beginning of the season and he's recently started proving me wrong.

:thumbsup:

I always thought Suso will be a nice little player for Milan (perhaps not a starter) but never believed he could become a true leader. Hes steadily proving me wrong

Hope he keeps this up. His performance yesterday was unreal

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Whatever he's done to increase his strength and balance must be continued. He seems so much stronger now. His feet are like hands, he can do anything with them. If he starts drifting into the middle more to draw attention may God be with these serie A defenders. I hope he scores even more. FORZA SUSO. FORZA MILAN.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Literally screamed when I saw his second goal - WOW :c::c::c:

Hopefully he can keep up this current form!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Suso (Milan)
Oh goodness, were they right all along? In 2012 and 2013, there was a weird subsection of Liverpool fans who worshipped at the church of Suso. After previous hope Dani Pacheco had been proven not to be the Messiah, some supporters pinned their hopes on the little attacking midfielder from Spain.

In October 2012, Brendan Rodgers fanned the flames by praising Suso’s “outstanding technical qualities” and “very good temperament to play for such a prestigious club”. The Spaniard would start only six more games for Liverpool, being loaned to Almeria before Milan signed him at the end of his contract.

Having struggled to break into the first team and been loaned out to Genoa, Suso has finally found love in Milan. Only one outfielder has played more Serie A minutes for the club this season, and his brace in the Milan derby were his third and fourth league goals for the club. Nice timing.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Man, if he was just a little bit faster he would be insane. His one actual flaw.

Well he was born that way so it's not really going to improve, no matter how hard he works. Figo wasn't the paciest winger ever and was very successful on the wing...then he completely lost the little pace that he did have...and was still a very effective playmaker........and then there was David Beckham who had 0 pace and 0 defensive ability and was nominated for the golden ball :proud:

My big gripe with Suso and Niang is that their shooting and finishing is shit....soon enough their decision making will improve....and we're already seeing this with Suso...Niangs is awful but I digress....I'd just wish they were better shooters. Both lack composure. But again, at this age, that's expected.

If' you've been watching him...the Inter game is just one of many that Suso tried those exact same moves...which are pretty standard for a winger anyway....but often those shots go wide. He has the right idea but his execution is poor. Niang, on the other hand seems to be very low on ideas at the moment :lol::proud:

Last edited:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Two beautiful goals! ❤️

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

his second goal vs merda

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he's growing more and more. he keeps reminding me of David Silva every time he plays. I'm very impressed with his season so far.

What I like the most about him is that it's very very hard to dispossess him when he has the ball. He gets some really tough passes to control by Abate sometimes in tight spaces but he almost always does well to keep the possession with us either by dribbling past the players, or dribbling into the right space(unlike Bonaventura, he needs to learn from Suso) and then releasing the pass at the right time.

I really hope he continues growing. That left foot of his is quite special. I think he's done better than Niang so far in 2016.

Suso has 10 Serie A goals from January until now.. that's pretty good for a winger that does a lot of defensive work. I know he also has 4 assists with Milan this season but don't know how many he had with Genoa from Jan-May.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he's growing more and more. he keeps reminding me of David Silva every time he plays. I'm very impressed with his season so far.

What I like the most about him is that it's very very hard to dispossess him when he has the ball. He gets some really tough passes to control by Abate sometimes in tight spaces but he almost always does well to keep the possession with us either by dribbling past the players, or dribbling into the right space(unlike Bonaventura, he needs to learn from Suso) and then releasing the pass at the right time.

I really hope he continues growing. That left foot of his is quite special. I think he's done better than Niang so far in 2016.

Suso has 10 Serie A goals from January until now.. that's pretty good for a winger that does a lot of defensive work. I know he also has 4 assists with Milan this season but don't know how many he had with Genoa from Jan-May.

That and his left food really is what are his strenghts. He had a very good pre-season, but then disappeared in the first half of the season. I'd say the thing he improved the most in the past 4 weeks is the consistency within the 90 minutes. He literally exploded in that aspect. He doesn't show up here and there and then disappears like a ghost anymore but is getting way more involved in our attacking build-up. He's taking more risks, something I always demanded from him since as a winger he's allowed to do so. Actually playing only the save way makes you a quite predictable and toothless attacker and that was my biggest issue I had with him.

Who's had the better season so far? Difficult to say. Niang quite disappeared in the past 4 weeks (basically since the game he played after having 39.7 fever the evening before). Suso has been a pleasable relevation this november. But before it was obvious on who our attack was relying on, and it wasn't Suso.

We definitely need another winger to compete with Niang and Suso to hold the intensity high. My personal dream is Keita Baldé.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well he was born that way so it's not really going to improve, no matter how hard he works. Figo wasn't the paciest winger ever and was very successful on the wing...then he completely lost the little pace that he did have...and was still a very effective playmaker........and then there was David Beckham who had 0 pace and 0 defensive ability and was nominated for the golden ball :proud:

Different times. Football is a lot faster nowadays, the best players are technically great but also really quick. There seems to be no space for players like Rui Costa, Riquelme, Zidane etc.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Different times. Football is a lot faster nowadays, the best players are technically great but also really quick. There seems to be no space for players like Rui Costa, Riquelme, Zidane etc.

I feel you but Suso isn't slow like...say Honda slow.
We still have iBra who is VERY slow and Ozil who isn't the fastest CAM out there who do well....and of course, the aforementioned David Silva

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

true

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
/QUOTE]

I like the David Silva comparison. Honestly, the game as its changed over the years with straight running full backs, inverted wingers and the resurgence of mezz'ala means that in contemporary terms Suso should be playing more central. The issue with his pace is that he isn't blistering, which means he relies more on skill in tight spaces, trickery and taking shots from long distances. He does try hard on the pitch but his consistency only over the last few games has been impressive.

The role that I want to see Suso in and Montella has played him in at times in friendlies is the sort of midfield playmaker, like David Silva, however he needs to bulk up a bit for that as well as learn tactical defending which Silva is brilliant at. I have always been a fan of Suso, just not of his current position.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Starting to become one of my favourites now. He has been in amazing form recently! Probably the best winger in the league on form right now

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Assist leader in Serie A :thumbsup:

Always liked him, glad he got his chance and took it.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I like the David Silva comparison. Honestly, the game as its changed over the years with straight running full backs, inverted wingers and the resurgence of mezz'ala means that in contemporary terms Suso should be playing more central. The issue with his pace is that he isn't blistering, which means he relies more on skill in tight spaces, trickery and taking shots from long distances. He does try hard on the pitch but his consistency only over the last few games has been impressive.

The role that I want to see Suso in and Montella has played him in at times in friendlies is the sort of midfield playmaker, like David Silva, however he needs to bulk up a bit for that as well as learn tactical defending which Silva is brilliant at. I have always been a fan of Suso, just not of his current position.

I've been saying this for literally months. You notice how fluid things become when he moves center-right instead of just the wings? Shit starts to happen

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Lionel Suso at it again.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
One of the best wingers in europe :thumbsup: grande Suso

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Slowly becoming WC player. Very impressive last few weeks.