The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
When is FIFA 18 coming out so I can fix Montella's shit and Make Milan Great again?

3-5-2 Day one, Borini, Montolivo and Calabria go straight to reserves.

Cant you sell them?

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella is not going to success. I've been saying this long time ago.
even his tactics doesn't work in matchday 2 (vs Cagliari).
not only his tactics, how he choose the starting XI (vs Lazio) was ridiculous, and then he blamed the team for lack of mentality.. fighting mentality?? from who? Monty-Calabria-Borini ? seriously?

we will not win scudetto with him, perhaps we might not get ucl spot as well.

I don't like Raiola but I hope he continue to criticize us, if the chinese look at the bright side, his critics actually help this project. I hope the chinese owner angry and then said to F&M : "let's prove to this fat fuck that our project is serious... go get Conte or Pocchetino ! "

throw up material

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Y'all are making it sound like we only lost the game because of Calabria!:fp:

Our ENTIRE team played like shit on Sunday.

If you're gonna judge, judge them all, or at least make an opinion when the team actually starts playing the way it should be.

Kind of hard not to place big blame on Calabria when he was at fault for 3 goals.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
_51R5975.JPG

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, I don't think his opinion is that obviously wrong though ;)

Admitted, when I saw that we will start with Calabria over Abate I instantly thought "oh my I hope this isn't going to end in a disaster". And a disaster it was. But...

I defended Niang throughout months last season, believing he still could get the curve like Suso did after his Genoa spell (I remember that almost every Milanista considered him another failed Galliani-purchase back in the days). Some youngsters get hyped early and fail miserably (Boban Krkic), some players start slow and then get worldclass players within 1-2 seasons (Thiago Silva). Sometimes it's worth being patient.

I was wrong in Niangs case, as I learned after many months of defending him. Although I don't think that Calabria is better than Abate now, maybe he can turn out to be surprisingly good in a couple of years. At least if he doesn't keep playing FB, he's miserable defensively, even Abate is a saver bet than Calabria and Abate is one who has god knows many defensive flaws. We will see... it needs balls to defend Calabria over Abate and I simply respect that ;)

Calabria would do better in a 352, even better than Abate. 4 at the back though, Abate is definitely the better option.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Lookit the only one there with the 6 Million Dolla smile.... :deviliri:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
the fuck is montoleader doing at the centre

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Kind of hard not to place big blame on Calabria when he was at fault for 3 goals.

He was at fault, yes, but by no means was he the only one at fault.

The entire game was a massive fuckup from everyone involved.

Last edited:

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Bottom line is, if you buy 10 starters, you need to play 10 starters. Not three and bring one as a sub. If Montella doesn't start playing them, they will never learn to play with eachothers.

We didnt sign 10 starters

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We didnt sign 10 starters

Semantics

Kalinic Calanoglu Silva didnt start - Conti was hurt

He over estimated the situation but after the joy of signing many players in summer people wouldnt expect to see players from last season starting and suffering a heavy defeat.

Once again Calabria wasnt good but people keep saying three goals were his fault and scapegoating him. Penalty not his fault, Second goal volley not his fault - even when he got skinned (that one was all on him) two defenders missed Immobolie

Coach, two class defenders and league's best dmf all had part in a sole CF looking all world.... and for people to constantly paint this picture of just if Abate played :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pointless to talk about formation if montella gonna play with montolivo/calabria/borini.

These type of players gonna mess up any formation.

Play to our strenghts and obvious selection. It's not that hard.

You want to experiment? Sure, but not with lazio or any other mid-upper lvl team.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Semantics

He over estimated the situation but after the joy of signing many players in summer people wouldnt expect to see players from last season starting and suffering a heavy defeat.

Once again Calabria wasnt good but people keep saying three goals were his fault and scapegoating him. Penalty not his fault, Second goal volley not his fault - even when he got skinned (that one was all on him) two defenders missed Immobolie

Coach, two class defenders and league's best dmf all had part in a sole CF looking all world.... and for people to constantly paint this picture of just if Abate played :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Finally someone who understands!

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
People still moaning about the Lazio game? Get over it, Milan get to beat on an Austrian team to ease the pain.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
calabria would relegate real madrid if he started for them

worst player of all time

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
It needs balls to defend Calabria over Abate and I simply respect that ;)

Then I guess FNF couldn't walk w/ his balls :lol::lol::lol:

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Semantics

If you wish.But its ridiculous to see people say "we signed 10 new starters" Kalinic a €35m sub , Abate arguement as well.Theres a barage of posts with untruths to suit that posters thoughts.We're 3 games in we havent looked good but its too early to be all doom and gloom.The amount of players that were signed will take time to gel or nore than 3 games with 1 defeat to be bomb

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want to see Calabria play in a 3-5-2 before I dismiss him. Ideally, we'd send him to the Atalanta finishing school for troubled teens before getting rid of him--he's obviously showing talent to be given these opportunities.

I want him to succeed, because I love having home-grown players, but he's really done poorly.

I'd also bring back SES; rumors of him going to Fiorentina this summer, and if Eusebio doesn't want him at Roma, I'd take him back for depth, I think he'd be a low-cost option who could potentially thrive under Montella. I'm not saying he's built for 3-5-2 (even if he does work hard) but if we needed to have a winger, I think he'd be a good fit to grab in January, especially as I hope by then we'd be playing Montella 3-4-2-1 from Fiorentina.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella tested Suso beside Kalinic in the 3-5-2 formation in today's training, but Andre Silva-Kalinic remain the likely hypothesis [Sky].

nice

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want to see Calabria play in a 3-5-2 before I dismiss him. Ideally, we'd send him to the Atalanta finishing school for troubled teens before getting rid of him--he's obviously showing talent to be given these opportunities.

I want him to succeed, because I love having home-grown players, but he's really done poorly.

I'd also bring back SES; rumors of him going to Fiorentina this summer, and if Eusebio doesn't want him at Roma, I'd take him back for depth, I think he'd be a low-cost option who could potentially thrive under Montella. I'm not saying he's built for 3-5-2 (even if he does work hard) but if we needed to have a winger, I think he'd be a good fit to grab in January, especially as I hope by then we'd be playing Montella 3-4-2-1 from Fiorentina.

Milan need a more dynamic winger than SES if Montella were to go with a winger formation

Also he wasn't home grown and wanted to leave, so fuckem

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When is FIFA 18 coming out so I can fix Montella's shit and Make Milan Great again?

3-5-2 Day one, Borini, Montolivo and Calabria go straight to reserves.

3-5-2 is horrible in Fifa, 4-3-2-1 or something 4-3-1-2-ish works much better.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ricardo Rodriguez, Mateo Musacchio, Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Conti, Lucas Biglia, Franck Kessie, Hakan Calhanoglu, Andre Silva, Nikola Kalinic.

Okay, so we signed 8/9 starters.

Then say that.Its 8 IMO and will take a bit to gel.Now if Montella persists with Borini Montolivo we'll suffer.But Id hope hes not stubborn.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm not expecting to see a cohesive unit this season. A team needs more than a couple of months to really function as one. That said, performances like the ones vs Cagliari and Lazio are not acceptable after a while.

I honestly thought that the performance vs Cagliari was worse than the one vs Lazio, difference is that Lazio had better players and were able to punish us.

I do think we're gonna make CL though. WE MUST!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I'm not expecting to see a cohesive unit this season. A team needs more than a couple of months to really function as one. That said, performances like the ones vs Cagliari and Lazio are not acceptable after a while.

I honestly thought that the performance vs Cagliari was worse than the one vs Lazio, difference is that Lazio had better players and were able to punish us.

I do think we're gonna make CL though. WE MUST!

Eclectic players dont need time to gel... we just need eclectic players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule