Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
lol, with Rebic there aren't any free goals.

But yeah, it has bothered me too for some time how disgustingly selfish many of our players get as soon as they're near the box, even if our whole team has pushed up and there are plenty of better options. Hakan is guilty of it. So is Suso. And pre-injury Bona. But especially Kessie and Borini when he comes off the bench.

A desperate Borini does what he thinks is the quickest way to win a spot back, and the starters care more about their own stats since they know the team won't be winning any titles.
This is when the coach should speak out against such mentality and create incentives to put the team first.
But it seems Rino did the opposite, judging by what Kessie claims Rino told him to do - and the fact it did not get better.

Don't get me wrong, players need to try it from distance as well, or go for a quick shot rather than pass through their entire defense. Sometimes it's the best option, or the least bad. But I've seen far too many nice opportunities and siege modes go to waste because a player decided to ignore all the options just for the small chance of scoring from a very poor angle.
Sure there were the KPBs, but this mentality wasn't as widespread before the club turned into a revolving door for players and coaches in 2014.

Keen of you to recognize this problem. The extra pass has disappeared in Milan and premature ejaculation has replaced it.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
useless

him and Kessie are killing our game

We need LCM to be attacking spaces or even be at the far post when Suso/Calabria are crossing... this is what Jack and Paq were doing. This guy just brings nothing

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Weak sauce

The midfield is no place for a player so frail as him, in fact no other position is. Sell him whenever the chance arises.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Never want to see this abomination of a player wear our shirt again. Horrendous player

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
no words performance
every game he has problem with keeping balance and ball control
yesterday his clumsy performance cost us 2 goals.
he is less brasilian than paq but he should be paq sub as lcm.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
once he scores one more goal, use that to sell him for a decent price. guy has never been good enough for milan and these are 100% the types of signings that will keep milan in the average bin.

I am also sick of seeing people say he has talent... yes he does, it's clear to see, guy has some good gifts that can't be denied. But he also has the main thing that will hold him back forever.. he has the drive and mentality of a bitch and he will never ever realize his potential because of it. There are players who rise to the occasion and try to make an impact when things aren't going well, and there are others who just go about their motions like Hakan...

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
once he scores one more goal, use that to sell him for a decent price. guy has never been good enough for milan and these are 100% the types of signings that will keep milan in the average bin.

I am also sick of seeing people say he has talent... yes he does, it's clear to see, guy has some good gifts that can't be denied. But he also has the main thing that will hold him back forever.. he has the drive and mentality of a bitch and he will never ever realize his potential because of it. There are players who rise to the occasion and try to make an impact when things aren't going well, and there are others who just go about their motions like Hakan...

+1

Him and Suso are the archetypical modern Milan problem player. Even more so than Montolivo and Bertolacci. Not because they're as bad, but because they are perceived as better than they actually are. Our hopes for what they can become inflate our perception of them when the fact is that they've never been the world beaters we hope they become.

I want to live in a post Suso and Hakan Milan world.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
what the hell was this fantastico move before his assist.. rewatched it 4 times

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When motivated, he is easily our best player in the attack.

Hope Pioli can get into his head and helps him to perform consistently.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
What a game yesterday holy shit

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
iirc this guy got a boost when Gattuso took over halfway in his first season. Maybe it’s just how he operates

Still a defensive liability

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great game, he earned himself another 3 years of starting 11. He also scored his one seasonal goal, he is safe until september.

If only this guy and Suso had more continuity so one can carry while other is off form, but no .. they have one good game in 15, combined

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He definitely earned another chance to see if he can show some consistency.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
The best for me was that pass in the tempo to Leao (First action) - Un délice. U know one second u think u are playing with someone who know how to or at least try to find partners in movement...

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Who was this guy?? wow what a transformation. always said he should be tried as a free roaming AM, I just didn't think it would be THAT much better, great hunger from him, keep it up hakan!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Great game.
I’m of those who believe there is a player in there. Though, I also believe this 3rd season should be his last to showcase his worth and show similar stuff on a more regular basis.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
DPz5wjl.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/bzcj5vS.gif

Schedule