Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
0-1 vs Burnley
0-1 vs Brighton
1-4 vs Man City
0-2 vs Everton
0-1 vs Chelsea

For the first time in the club's 129-year history, Liverpool have lost five consecutive games at Anfield. Flushed face

Think I make that Kabaktobaktobaktobaktobak defeats now :lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Everton are doing well against big and small teams.
They have the entire package. Awesome homebrew players mixed with other talents and the best coach. Very nice surprise.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
can we do 2 things

1. close this thread
2. ask the people who said this liverpool team was one for the ages...Dynasty level... to present themselves for a public shaming.

Thanks

Can we revisit points 1 and 2

Klopp and Liverpool fans... Casualista? where are you on this?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Klopp and Liverpool fans... Casualista? where are you on this?

I needed Klopp to shut the pepmachine fans up a bit over the past couple of seasons.

He did by winning the champions league (something guardiola will never do without messi) and then taking the league.

Point was proven on who is the better coach.

They can now crash and burn for all I care. :o

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I needed Klopp to shut the pepmachine fans up a bit over the past couple of seasons.

He did by winning the champions league (something guardiola will never do without messi) and then taking the league.

Point was proven on who is the better coach.

They can now crash and burn for all I care. :o

an opportunist...

love it

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Liverpool are 7th now. :eek:
The so promisingLiverpool Klopp has fallen low.

Last edited:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such promise has been fulfilled when they won the league and the champions league.

You only call something/someone promising when they show signs of future success.

Klopp has had his success with Liverpool and it is now time for him to move on.

Yes, you could say Klopp Liverpool is in a declining stage but definitely not "promising".

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
They've declined similarly to us. High intensity football, leading to a lot of injuries - long layoffs to key players - where they can't keep up with how they had played for so long. We played like that for 6 months, not 2 years, but also ran into muscular injuries on-stop, fatigue and it semi-ruined us. Not even Klopp is a miracle worker in that regard, he got so much out of his well-oiled machine until it was out of gas.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Such promise has been fulfilled when they won the league and the champions league.

You only call something/someone promising when they show signs of future success.

Klopp has had his success with Liverpool and it is now time for him to move on.

Yes, you could say Klopp Liverpool is in a declining stage but definitely not "promising".

I used the word promising because back then it was said that his foundation would last at least 10yrs of succes with winning each year multiple trophies.
Of course they are declining.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Carson is starting in net for City vs Newcastle today. Thats his first start in the prem in the last 10 years :lol:

E1Xg6cUWEAQq9fO

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Tielemans!!!!!!!!

Boss player

What a save from Schmeichel in the 86th minute.

Chelsea equalise :fp:

Grazie Var

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Man Utd legend Cantona inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame

Guy goes:

"I am very happy and very proud, but at the same time I am not surprised.

"I would've been surprised not to be elected!

:lol::lol::lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manchester United great Eric Cantona has discussed his infamous departure from Leeds United, his Dutch influence and Sir Alex Ferguson's management in a detailed Q&A after being inducted in the Premier League's Hall of Fame.

Cantona was inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame earlier this month.

The French forward was one of six initial former players in receiving the League's highest individual honour.

Nicknamed "The King", Cantona was a talismanic figure at Manchester United after his surprise move from Leeds United in November 1992, guiding the Red Devils to four titles in the first five seasons of the Premier League.

Cantona's career started with a bang, following up his 1991/92 First Division title success with the Premier League's first hat-trick for Leeds against Tottenham Hotspur, before Ferguson brought him to Old Trafford.

He inspired United with many moments of magic that showcased his skill and flair, none more so than his sublime chip against Sunderland in December 1996.

The forward then shocked the football world with his retirement in May 1997 at the age of 30.

Congratulations on being inducted in the Hall of Fame. How does it feel to be joining this club?

"I'm very happy and proud. It was a long time ago. I nearly don't remember the time when I was playing, you know. We won with Leeds at the Championship [old first division] and then the first season of the Premier League and then we won it with Manchester, so it was a long time ago, but it was the beginning of a great experience."

You follow Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry, who are the inaugural inductees into the Hall of Fame. How does it feel to be following in their footsteps?

"It is very important to have an honour like this. I play football, I love football, I dreamt about football when I was a kid. Of course, to play in England was a dream. It's a dream of everybody, and playing in the Premier League, so I have to say thanks to all the people who voted for me ? the older generation and your generation, everybody. Which is very important because as I tell you it was a long time ago, and sometimes people forget!"

Do you think you would have put yourself in the Hall of Fame?

"As I told you, I feel very happy and very proud ? and at the same time, I'm not surprised! I would have been surprised not to be elected. You know, I'm not surprised."

You joined Manchester United in the first season of the Premier League. Ending their 26-year wait for the title. What do you think you provided that the team were missing?

"The year before when I won it with Leeds, Manchester United was very close. After so long a time to achieve this, [there was] more pressure this season. The hardest one to win is the first one. After it we had less pressure. The first one was a special one ? special for the players and special for the manager and the fans, and everybody who loves the club."

You won four titles in five seasons. What do you think was key to your continued success?

"I think I've been lucky to win with two generation of players. There was the old generation, but United worked a lot on young players and Alex Ferguson worked a lot on young players. He knows everybody, a lot of young players and the quality of what to improve before [they arrive] to play for the first team. When he felt they were ready to play for the first team, he started to sell players, like Paul Ince or Mark Hughes ? just to have the opportunity to give them a place to play for the first team."

Looking back on your career at Manchester United. Everyone talks about your goal against Sunderland. The chip at Old Trafford, as much for the celebration as the goal itself. What are your memories of that moment?

"It was a great, great memory. Of course, it was nice ? the chip was great, the goal was a great goal, and the atmosphere was great. I never thought about the celebration before, I just reacted instinctively."

Was there a favourite moment from your Premier League career and why?

"The first trophy to be honest. After 26 years, Manchester United finally won the league and it was the first year for the Premier League also. I've been lucky to play in this team with wonderful players and a wonderful manager, wonderful fans. It was the football I dreamed about. When I was young, I grew up with Holland, and Ajax Amsterdam with the generation of Johan Cruyff. It was total football. It was a football so inspiring. I've been lucky to play in this Manchester United team, because we played wonderful football and we won trophies. We worked hard, very hard. Don't forget we had to work hard and then we became confident. With this confidence we could enjoy and play wonderful football."

Your move to Old Trafford from Leeds United was a surprise. What are your memories of the move?

"As I told you before, I dream more about passing football, more creative football, and I found that in Manchester. Because Manchester United, it's a club where they want to win things, but in a good way. It was like this in the time of Matt Busby. It's the identity of this club, the philosophy of this club - and it's still like that. Even the few years you don't win trophies, they try to play wonderful football."

An iconic Premier League image is you with your collar up ? was there any reason you did that?

"No, I didn't decide it! I think for one game I just put my shirt like this, and my collar stayed up, and we won. Most footballers are very superstitious, so because we won, I kept it, and we kept winning and after it became something special. We have players who keep their underwear and don't wash it. I prefer to put my collar up!"

Which current players in the Premier League could you see being Hall of Fame member one day?

"It's difficult, very difficult. Like sometimes people ask me the best player I played with, or the best player I played against. I don't like to name one player because why one player more than another. In a team, for me I told you, the team is important. The way team play. You have 11 players on the pitch. Its teamwork ?so I don't like to pick one name because it's not fair for the other ones. In football, its complimentary. You need a compliment of players."

To be eligible for the Premier League Hall of Fame this year, players had to have been retired as of 1 August 2020, and only a player's Premier League career was considered in his candidacy.
Each inductee will receive a personalised medallion, engraved with the year of their induction.

:star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
When you look at how the season in the EPL played out, its like looking into a mirror/alternate timeline in contrast to Serie A.

• Milan <--->United --> both devil teams had revival, lead the table for a while, before a thin bench made them lose their form.
  • Inter <---> City --> Best squads in the league, both went on a rampage in the second part of the season by sheer squad quality.
  • Napoli <---> Leicester -->Both looked like safe bets for CL places for 90% of the season, before imploding spectacularly.
  • Juventus <---> Liverpool --> Previous champions, looked absolute dog shit for most of the season, somehow sneaked into top 4.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man Utd great Keane Q&A: Rating Clough ahead of Ferguson; nothing tougher than United dressing room

Congratulations on being inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame. How does it feel to be a Hall of Fame inductee?

?I feel very lucky to be inducted but I've only been inducted because of the players I've played with."

You won seven titles with Manchester United. Is there a favourite one from the seven, and why?

?Every league title felt special."

You were the captain during a hugely successful period at Old Trafford. What do you put your continued success with the club down to?

?Quality players, brilliant characters, hunger and desire."

Who were the biggest influences on your Premier League career, and how did they help you become the player you developed into?

?Brian Clough [was my biggest influence] for signing and giving me my debut and his advice before my debut was telling me control the ball, pass it to my teammate and run, that was the foundation of my career."

What was your favourite moment in your Premier League career and why?

?Signing for Manchester United and walking into a brilliant dressing room."

You were involved in some big midfield battles with the likes of Patrick Vieira in your time at Man Utd. Did the fierce rivalry with clubs like Arsenal drive you on to more success?

?There were always teams out there looking to challenge us but the toughest challenge that I encountered was the competition for places at Manchester United."

Keano!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

"I'm the bigger stature." :lol::lol::lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Utd can build a nice team.

Sell: pogba, lingard, martial, de Gea, beek, fred, Bailly, lindelof, dalot,

Buy: Grealish, Neves, Goretzka, Badiashile

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dickheads, Utd... sorry abt today, Bielsa

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
City - Spurs today and Pep decided to bench KDB, Laporte, Stones, Walker, Rodri, Bernardo Silva :lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Dickheads, Utd... sorry abt today, Bielsa

Still want to sell Pogba???

Also - I hope people dont compare Hakan to Bruno Fernandes any more :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
City - Spurs today and Pep decided to bench KDB, Laporte, Stones, Walker, Rodri, Bernardo Silva :lol:

If Bergwijn showed any quality City would be down 3 already

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Still want to sell Pogba???

Fecker is a prima donna... he wont work for it, it has to be handed to him.

Too late now... Sancho, Varane, Grealish, Camavinga, Neves, Goretzka, Badiashile wud've been nice with Haaland next year.

There is this story going round that Real & Barca will refresh their rivalry with Mbappe & Ha'land. Why the dicks let Messi go.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fecker is a prima donna... he wont work for it, it has to be handed to him.

Too late now... Sancho, Varane, Grealish, Camavinga, Neves, Goretzka, Badiashile wud've been nice with Haaland next year.

There is this story going round that Real & Barca will refresh their rivalry with Mbappe & Ha'land. Why the dicks let Messi go.

Yep but in big games he proves his worth. Utd just need to accept it, cater to him and play jokers like Fred and the academy boys against fodder opposition.

I want to see how Sancho goes - I'm not sure he is worth the hype

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
why many mu fans think pogba will be great in 2man midfield as 'he was for juve and france'??

Schedule