Franck Kessié Thread

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Its a bit confusing.

He sure doesnt have the seedorf technique but hes also way better with the ball at his feet than gattuso with crazy physique for a 20yo :O

Not sure who is going to stop him when his muscle and body bones are fully mature and at its peak

Schedule

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
His short passing is underrated
He would fit in a team that plays quick short 1-2 passes.. (sarri type of football)

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Nah closer to Gattuso IMO. We need a Seedorf type mid to replace Jack.

He is far too technical on the ball compared to gattuso though?

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Let him play 3-4 high level matches consistently before we label him the next whoever. There is clear improvement after Rino took over but he’s still not a consistently high performing player.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yes thats true. I just like the fact that he is so skilful, robust and has endless energy. He has all the tools to be a great player. Ability to hold the ball under pressure is possibly the most valuable skill for a midfielder and he is excellent at doing just that. I am happy.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nah closer to Gattuso IMO. We need a Seedorf type mid to replace Jack.

Dont think so. Gattuso couldnt hit shit with shoot, his passing was bad apart from short passes etc. Rhino was better in defence. Hes closer to dorf but has a lot to prove.

Anyway hes 21 only, his potential is big. So far he has had some good games, some bad but u can see he s developing nicely.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
His short passing is underrated
He would fit in a team that plays quick short 1-2 passes.. (sarri type of football)

This.:thumbsup:

People have often accused him for not having a footballing brain, for me it's sorta opposite.

When it comes to that last ball it's often been down to just poor accuracy on the shot

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This.:thumbsup:

People have often accused him for not having a footballing brain, for me it's sorta opposite.

When it comes to that last ball it's often been down to just poor accuracy on the shot

True

- I saw some shooting improvement.. He had a great shot with his left foot against cagliari.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Joyrider with the shit posting

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Talking about shooting....even bonaventura's sooting seems to have improved lately....

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He is far too technical on the ball compared to gattuso though?

He has a little more technique than Gattuso indeed, but Seedorf was superb technically. Seedorf had superb ball control, could take set pieces, shoot from distance, great range of passing and vision and played the most attacking role in our midfield 3 usually.

What Kessie has in common with Seedorf is that great ball control, and although he doesn't always show it, a good range of passing and passing technique. I don't think Kessie has the shooting tecnhique or set piece technique that Seedorf had or the vision.

So when I compared him to Gattuso, I mean't his role in the midfield. Gattuso was the one who stayed a little deeper and helped build play and would arrive late in the box when going forward, while Seedorf would be higher up trying to link midfield to attack, and I see Kessie being more suited to that Gattuso style role.

Dont think so. Gattuso couldnt hit shit with shoot, his passing was bad apart from short passes etc. Rhino was better in defence. Hes closer to dorf but has a lot to prove.

Anyway hes 21 only, his potential is big. So far he has had some good games, some bad but u can see he s developing nicely.

Yea Kessie is better at shooting, but that is not hard compared to Gattuso who was very poor at shooting. Gattuso IMO was a very underrated passer and I haven't really seen Kessie be very much above or below Gattuso in that regard. I do agree that Gattuso was better defensively as Gattuso was very very good in that respect.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Pffff, I saw Rino pull this off when I was at San Siro:o

I remember so fondly how he ran around the whole pitch:lol::proud:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Gattuso gets shit about his passing because he played next to Pirlo and Seedorf. His passing was never bad, just not creative.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gattuso was a very decent passer, I see little to pick in that department between him and Kessie.

Kessie is genuinely more physical and can wriggle through to shoot far easier than Rino ever could. Therefore he ends up being a far more offensive midfielder than Gattuso. Gattuso on the other hand did a great job nipping around opponents and winning balls. Kessie is not that kinda player.

Basically they are rather different. I see Kessie more as a more modern version of Essien.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I remember some good passes from Gattuso, but more like intelligent ones than technically complex.
We don´t know how Gattuso would have developed in a classic DM spot though, he was´t bad when he played central towards the end of his career.

The good thing with Kessie is that he is still kind of useful when he isn´t in his best form.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I love how powerful he looks on the ball, but a lot of his moves: running, stopping, shielding put a lot of stress on the knees (most of his steps fall flat footed which makes the knees take a lot of the impact) and he doesn't really know how to fall (he takes more contact than he should); add that he's a pretty stocky dude and the playing time he's getting / all the running he's doing and it can't be healthy in the long run

He's still young so it probably won't affect him for a while, but I feel like he should consider protecting himself more

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love how powerful he looks on the ball, but a lot of his moves: running, stopping, shielding put a lot of stress on the knees (most of his steps fall flat footed which makes the knees take a lot of the impact) and he doesn't really know how to fall (he takes more contact than he should); add that he's a pretty stocky dude and the playing time he's getting / all the running he's doing and it can't be healthy in the long run

He's still young so it probably won't affect him for a while, but I feel like he should consider protecting himself more

Gattuso will fix that, he pretty much did the same with Dybala

I think his decision making needs to improve, there was a point in the game where he went on a nice run from the half but if he wouldve just one touch pass it forward Hakan wouldve been behind the defense.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
051a70a84df8ed8948930b0418b51a813f58d1-wm.jpg

DU6i_qgXUAIdFUE.jpg:large

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
did this guy come with a charger? is he a robot? he needs a rest ffs

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He has a little more technique than Gattuso indeed, but Seedorf was superb technically. Seedorf had superb ball control, could take set pieces, shoot from distance, great range of passing and vision and played the most attacking role in our midfield 3 usually.

What Kessie has in common with Seedorf is that great ball control, and although he doesn't always show it, a good range of passing and passing technique. I don't think Kessie has the shooting tecnhique or set piece technique that Seedorf had or the vision.

So when I compared him to Gattuso, I mean't his role in the midfield. Gattuso was the one who stayed a little deeper and helped build play and would arrive late in the box when going forward, while Seedorf would be higher up trying to link midfield to attack, and I see Kessie being more suited to that Gattuso style role.

Yea Kessie is better at shooting, but that is not hard compared to Gattuso who was very poor at shooting. Gattuso IMO was a very underrated passer and I haven't really seen Kessie be very much above or below Gattuso in that regard. I do agree that Gattuso was better defensively as Gattuso was very very good in that respect.

:star::star::star: Great analyisis

And yes Gattuso was a very underrated passer but in that team that is only going to happen. I also think he was very smart, he was always seemingly in the right positions and that is why he got so many good shooting attempts to gloriously fail at :lol::lol:

In my opinion his intelligence and passion served his game greatly but when he got into those shooting positions that same passion caused him to over-expose his already limited shooting technique...(did beat Buffon that time though :proud:)

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
kessie is rijkaard, plain and simple

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
On being the most used player in the league:

"I'm a bit tires, but not too much, I still feel good and have a lot more to give. I missed two games, but they weren't important. I used the opportunity to rest. If those were important games I'd be a bit angry."

On the two goals against Cagliari:

"I was very happy, I didn't score for many months. The goals arrived at the right moment and now I have to continue like this. I want to score 10 goals, that might seem like too much, but with good work I can achieve it."

On Kalinic (he assisted both goals):

"I get along very well with Nikola, just like with the rest of the team."

On his physical condition throughout the season:

"I started good, but then fell off a bit. That's normal though, now I have to continue to improve my condition."

On the next away games:

"I only think about Udinese right now. They are a good team and are close to us in the standings, we need to win to keep them distant."

Serie A or Europa League, what are you focusing on?:

"We don't have a specific goal, we still play in three competitions; League, Coppa Italia and Europa League."

On Gattuso's advices:

"He helps me a lot. He always tells me to works more and before the games he gives me some advices. But he doesn't like it when I walk on the pitch in training. When Gattuso says that I'm better than him I don't really think it's true. He was a big champion that has won it all, I on the other hand have won nothing and am still young. I still need to work a lot, Gattuso was way better than me."