Week 11: Lazio 1-3 AC Milan 01/11/2015 20:45 CET

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I think Seria San siro games will make it more accurate.
It's accurate ... a year old tho.

@OptaPaolo Oct 28
10 - Milan have won their last 10 home games against Chievo in Serie A and they have not conceded goals in six of these ten matches. Bunker

Should be 11 now.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
If we win this one it'll be the turning point for our season. 10 % chance we win though

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Chievo is a glorified friendly... actually no, since we seem to lose more friendlies than win...

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am skeptical on this match, but if the club need to play ugly & parking the bus to secure 3 points, might as well do the Pippo style!

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I am skeptical on this match, but if the club need to play ugly & parking the bus to secure 3 points, might as well do the Pippo style!

What, score early on, defend the lead, concede three goals

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Taken into account Lazio's game is over both wings with Candreva and Anderson and our current midfield of berto, monty and kucka. It would be a good idea to consider going 4-4-2 already. With bertolacci and monty in the centre of the midfield, bonaventura in his usual position and kucka on the right. Both Bona and kucka will have a lot of back up work to do as i dont trust Des, who is assumingly going to play.

I want a midfielder more than them in this game.

Actually I think the way we interpreted the 4-3-3 is more defensive mi ded than a 4-4-2 would be. With the 4-3-3, when we weren't in ball posession, Bona and Cerci dropped deep and we defended in a 4-5-1. If you start with a 4-4-2 as basis then you put 1 CF more and you take away obe midfielder/winger, which is more offensive minded and as we have only two strikers in match form (Niang according to Sinisa has 15-20 Minutes in his legs), not the moment to change to it even if we wanted to.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's accurate ... a year old tho.

@OptaPaolo Oct 28
10 - Milan have won their last 10 home games against Chievo in Serie A and they have not conceded goals in six of these ten matches. Bunker

Should be 11 now.

eeh, more or less, anyway this is what I meant:

your previous quote was saying

"14 - AC Milan have won 14 of their last 15 Serie A clashes with Chievo, drawing the other one"

I added that perhaps was referring to san siro(home games) because we drew against them in both previous seasons(2015 and 2014)

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Win and we are 5 points from first place.
Come one milan!!!!!!!!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Would be a great win for Milan if it happened, but i dont see us winning.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Would be a great win for Milan if it happened, but i dont see us winning.

Lazio are so inconsistent. They beat the germans first round then got smashed the second. They smash torino then lose to atalanta after scoring he first goal in that match.

Theyve lost just as much as we have

We can win this

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
MUST WIN GAME! Come on Milan, winning this will bring back the optimism in this club. Hopefully we can play a similar style to last game, I believe 4-3-3 is best for us at the moment. Forza Milan!

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Lazio are so inconsistent. They beat the germans first round then got smashed the second. They smash torino then lose to atalanta after scoring he first goal in that match.

Theyve lost just as much as we have

We can win this

Yes if it were at the San Siro, but it's away and theyve won all their home games this season and only conceded once.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Still cant forget how lazio always whoop our ass for the last 3 years
Now we are not the whooper but we are the whoopee

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lazio 8/8 wins at home. milan 1/6 wins away.

i remember we felt like favorites to beat Genoa and we remember how that went. most games this season have shown two different milans in the same game. unfortunately i can't remember one game this season where we played well over the full 90 mins besides that very first Perugia game in the Coppa. our biggest disadvantage is we aren't consistent... an advantage is that we've only given up 5 dangerous chances in the last 3 games to our opponents - that's a huge improvement since we've started to play with Romagnoli-Alex.

I'm part of the clique that cannot stand Bonaventura and Cerci playing on the wings because they are bad players. I hate seeing them waste the ball in 80-90% of the attempts they try. Nothing is working for Cerci, he cant even seem to sprint 10 meters without losing the ball, but we've seen him in the past with Torino do so much more than what's showing with us - he COULD improve and play well but at the moment he has been nothing short of atrocious. Bonaventura on the other hand works hard with no end product - he rarely is decisive with his attempts.

The midfield trio of Berto-Monto-Kucka should continue. Bacca should start in a 4-3-3 but I would definitely prefer a 4-4-2 with Adriano starting instead of Cerci.

Can Milan keep two consecutive clean sheets? I wouldn't bet on it. Hoping for another big game from Donnarumma... him starting over Diego Lopez should give a sign to the whole squad (especially our U21s Suso, Niang, Mauri, Ely) that anyone can start if they work hard and are good enough

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Ok, we are coming out of a Chievo win... not so special since it is at home, with a clean sheet? doesn't mean a shit as well, we always had it against them... That's where my fear raises, because the attack we will be facing tonight isn't that easy..

One option: Play it like a Derby, win the Middlefield . Enough said.

CStapCFUkAA1lhy.jpg:large

FLASHBACK:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Any info on the two starting defenders for them in this match?Hardly heard of them.

Thank God DeVrij is out , he was very good last time we played them.Controlling the Defence quite well.I also wanted him here after the WC2014.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
1 point should be celebrated big
We are the underdog and any point we can grab is huge

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
A win tonight could well be the turning point of our season, three wins in a row with Atalanta up next. If we arrive at week 13 with 4 back to back wins, then we will be in the ideal mindset and have real momentum against Juventus.

Logic says draw tonight but, lets believe in 3 from 3.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Logic says draw tonight but, lets believe in 3 from 3.

lazio have a 100% record at home, milan has only 1 win away (3-2 to Udinese) this season...curious to what kind of logic says draw tonight?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
lazio have a 100% record at home, milan has only 1 win away (3-2 to Udinese) this season...curious to what kind of logic says draw tonight?

We've won the last two and Lazio lost midweek. With Juventus winning yesterday, that'll turn their domestic season around. We dare not lose as week 13 is on the horizon.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
lazio 8/8 wins at home. milan 1/6 wins away.

i remember we felt like favorites to beat Genoa and we remember how that went. most games this season have shown two different milans in the same game. unfortunately i can't remember one game this season where we played well over the full 90 mins besides that very first Perugia game in the Coppa. our biggest disadvantage is we aren't consistent... an advantage is that we've only given up 5 dangerous chances in the last 3 games to our opponents - that's a huge improvement since we've started to play with Romagnoli-Alex.

I'm part of the clique that cannot stand Bonaventura and Cerci playing on the wings because they are bad players. I hate seeing them waste the ball in 80-90% of the attempts they try. Nothing is working for Cerci, he cant even seem to sprint 10 meters without losing the ball, but we've seen him in the past with Torino do so much more than what's showing with us - he COULD improve and play well but at the moment he has been nothing short of atrocious. Bonaventura on the other hand works hard with no end product - he rarely is decisive with his attempts.

The midfield trio of Berto-Monto-Kucka should continue. Bacca should start in a 4-3-3 but I would definitely prefer a 4-4-2 with Adriano starting instead of Cerci.

Can Milan keep two consecutive clean sheets? I wouldn't bet on it. Hoping for another big game from Donnarumma... him starting over Diego Lopez should give a sign to the whole squad (especially our U21s Suso, Niang, Mauri, Ely) that anyone can start if they work hard and are good enough

U love writing big posts dont you :o.

Schedule