Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ Thanks alot Nanook, some things need to be watched at least 10 times :D

Nice volleys Cutro, awesome player... I hope he keeps improving

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I love Cutrone as much as anyone else, and I've been a fan of his since day one, for the passion and love he shows for our colors. He's a great talent with a great future ahead of him. That said, he is not ready to carry a team with Milans ambitions right now. I don't think he'll ever be tbh. I'm not saying this to put him down, but both his playing style and body type is enough evidence to me to say something like this. He needs a forward to feed off - be it a striker like Zlatan/Higuan who are target players or a player like Cassano who's creative and can find his partner consistently (forget the names I mentioned, think about the type of player).

I can't see Cutrone being successful in a 4-3-3, especially with the wingers we have today. So when you guys are calling for the club to trust in him and play him as first striker when/if Higuain is gone making him a great disservice. Cutrone needs to play in a 2 man attack with a player mentioned above, someone to be the leader for him to follow and feed off.

I don't know what type of player he'll be in 3-5 years but forget about him being the main guy right now. The two goals vs Sampdoria doesn't change anything, in fact it proves even more that he's more of a joker than anything.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love Cutrone as much as anyone else, and I've been a fan of his since day one, for the passion and love he shows for our colors. He's a great talent with a great future ahead of him. That said, he is not ready to carry a team with Milans ambitions right now. I don't think he'll ever be tbh. I'm not saying this to put him down, but both his playing style and body type is enough evidence to me to say something like this. He needs a forward to feed off - be it a striker like Zlatan/Higuan who are target players or a player like Cassano who's creative and can find his partner consistently (forget the names I mentioned, think about the type of player).

I can't see Cutrone being successful in a 4-3-3, especially with the wingers we have today. So when you guys are calling for the club to trust in him and play him as first striker when/if Higuain is gone making him a great disservice. Cutrone needs to play in a 2 man attack with a player mentioned above, someone to be the leader for him to follow and feed off.

I don't know what type of player he'll be in 3-5 years but forget about him being the main guy right now. The two goals vs Sampdoria doesn't change anything, in fact it proves even more that he's more of a joker than anything.

:conf:
Cutrone had one of the best minutes-per-goal ratios last season, mainly as a starter in a 4-3-3, without Higuain. There were Borini, Suso and Hakan to feed off, though.

Body type? Implying that he's too weak?
He's a factor in the air and he's the most energetic CF we've had in a long time. That's enough. There are a lot of players in this squad that are not up to par physically - Cutrone's not one of them. He may not have the height and physical strength of the classic battering ram, but those players tend to not have his agility or endurance.

The lack of Milan success post AC Ibra/Cassano seems to have distorted your view of how a football team is supposed to look like. The 9 needs teammates to feed off. That's how a proper team looks like. The 4-3-3 creates room for wide target men. You think Higuain was independent in Napoli, Juve or RM? He missed tons of sitters for Napoli, and so did Cavani, and yet they were reaching goal tallies others can only dream of. Is he fairing better than Cutrone now under the same conditions?(he may have declined, but I don't think that's all there's to it)

I'm glad we finally have a striker that can be a cog in the machine instead of the whole machine, a striker who is also the first defender, a striker whose work-rate has potential to be deadly against any defense if his teammates could match it(the Klopp recipe for success).

If we lose Higuain, then he needs to be replaced of course. We can't have Cutro as the only option.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
sfSrOuJ.gif
:proud:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I see what you mean i understand the fear. In games where he doesnt score he often looks like he brings nothing on the table and that is his problem.

Also agree about the part that he wont be enough to carry our ambition alone, but thats reasonable considering his age. I also blame his age for looking bad in games he doesnt score.

What i dont agree is the part you think he will never be the guy to carry us.
I have never seen so much passion (while still being good player) in any of our players in last years.
I dont want to ignore the fact that its obvious this guy loves the game and the club.
If he keeps the same passion for years to come i have no doubt he will be the main striker for us.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
What's the story behind his hand on face celebration?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In games where he doesnt score he often looks like he brings nothing on the table and that is his problem.

He covers an immense amount of ground, unlike say Icardi.
It does a lot of good(although not always visible), but has potential for much more if Suso and co were on the same wavelength. I think we should build around players who press and run like mad men. It's how Liverpool, Tottenham, Juve, Napoli, Lazio, pretty much all Bundesliga teams, Inter and Roma under Spalleti found their (varying degrees of) success. It's what any club that sticks with the times would do.

Anyway, if the idea is to have a striker to carry us, then you're setting yourself up for failure. But also, just because the striker is scoring a majority of the goals doesn't mean he's carrying the rest. Higuain wasn't carrying Napoli. But we're expecting him to do that here, and well, he's not that good at that....

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:conf:
Cutrone had one of the best minutes-per-goal ratios last season, mainly as a starter in a 4-3-3, without Higuain. There were Borini, Suso and Hakan to feed off, though.

Body type? Implying that he's too weak?
He's a factor in the air and he's the most energetic CF we've had in a long time. That's enough. There are a lot of players in this squad that are not up to par physically - Cutrone's not one of them. He may not have the height and physical strength of the classic battering ram, but those players tend to not have his agility or endurance.

The lack of Milan success post AC Ibra/Cassano seems to have distorted your view of how a football team is supposed to look like. The 9 needs teammates to feed off. That's how a proper team looks like. The 4-3-3 creates room for wide target men. You think Higuain was independent in Napoli, Juve or RM? He missed tons of sitters for Napoli, and so did Cavani, and yet they were reaching goal tallies others can only dream of. Is he fairing better than Cutrone now under the same conditions?(he may have declined, but I don't think that's all there's to it)

I'm glad we finally have a striker that can be a cog in the machine instead of the whole machine, a striker who is also the first defender, a striker whose work-rate has potential to be deadly against any defense if his teammates could match it(the Klopp recipe for success).

If we lose Higuain, then he needs to be replaced of course. We can't have Cutro as the only option.

Minutes per goal doesn't really mean much to me unless it's a lot of minutes and a lot of goals. His competitors were Kalinic and Silva - who both failed and left. He is weak for the type of lone CF that I like and "energetic" is just a silly attribute. There's a difference between feeding off the whole team (which of course is good) and feeding off your partner. Local feeding if you will :D

Despite everything you say about him, we've never look good as a team with him on the pitch. He doesn't to enough and what he does is not good enough for him to warrant a starting spot in a 4-3-3.

What i dont agree is the part you think he will never be the guy to carry us.

This is simply because I don't think he'll ever become the type of player who'll carry a team. Some great players are very dependent of other others to be great.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Minutes per goal doesn't really mean much to me unless it's a lot of minutes and a lot of goals.

It may not be the biggest sample, but it doesn't support your claims.

He is weak for the type of lone CF that I like

If he struggles as lone CF then it would be due to lack of height and/or skills, not physical strength.

and "energetic" is just a silly attribute.

Being able to press a lot, move a lot, cover 12km...that's not a silly attribute.

Despite everything you say about him, we've never look good as a team with him on the pitch. He doesn't to enough and what he does is not good enough for him to warrant a starting spot in a 4-3-3.

I don't expect the CF to make up for what the wide players and midfielders are lacking.

This is simply because I don't think he'll ever become the type of player who'll carry a team. Some great players are very dependent of other others to be great.

We should be happy that he's not a wanna-do-it-all ball hog who leaves the underappreciated tasks of a CF to the rest.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It may not be the biggest sample, but it doesn't support your claims.

What claim? You had a claim.

If he struggles as lone CF then it would be due to lack of height and/or skills, not physical strength.

I said body type.

Being able to press a lot, move a lot, cover 12km...that's not a silly attribute.

His pressing most of the time is useless, he's too "energetic" and press in the wrong way. Add to that a bad pressing system in general regarding the whole team, I don't know when you've had the opportunity to be impressed by his/the teams pressing.

I don't expect the CF to make up for what the wide players and midfielders are lacking.

Or maybe the him as a CF is lacking what the wide players and midfielders need.

We should be happy that he's not a wanna-do-it-all ball hog who leaves the underappreciated tasks of a CF to the rest.[/QUOTE]

This team would benefit hugely from Ibra and you know that.

---

Look, this is turning into a Cutrone bashing post. It's not and you're just being a twat. Read my first post again. Cutrone is and will always be useful, but I just doubt he'll ever become what people in here seems to think.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What claim? You had a claim.

You claimed that he's just a joker that needs a forward like Higuain or Cassano to feed off and that he doesn't suit 4-3-3.

His end product, as a starter in 4-3-3, without Higuain or another CF, has been pretty good. This doesn't support that claim.

His pressing most of the time is useless, he's too "energetic" and press in the wrong way. Add to that a bad pressing system in general regarding the whole team, I don't know when you've had the opportunity to be impressed by his/the teams pressing.

I'm impressed by our pressing game?:lol:

It sickens me to see how lethargic it looks at the front.
We won't get anywhere until that's sorted out. And it won't get fixed with the likes of Suso, who was rejected by Liverpool for that same reason.

You see Cutrone pressing all by himself but it's not nearly as effective if you're doing it alone.
This team would benefit hugely from Ibra and you know that.

I'll be the first to admit that we have a poorly constructed squad with selfish and lazy players in key roles - a nightmare for traditional 9s. A flat-track bullying AC Ibra(if he can produce like he used to) would be an improvement to what we have.

The ambitions should be bigger though.
If freaking Napoli can, then why can't we?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look, this is turning into a Cutrone bashing post. It's not and you're just being a twat. Read my first post again. Cutrone is and will always be useful, but I just doubt he'll ever become what people in here seems to think.

STFU Cutrone h8r did he piss in your cereal or something?:o

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
he is italy's best hope to win qatar 2022 world cup, obviously

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We are blessed to have Cutrone and I know he'll have a great career if he continues like this. Much love to our boy.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
hundreds of millions spent on different strikers...meanwhile from the youth team, he is a natural born goal scorer

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
I think we should somehow start Piatek and cutrone together and get Pato as a back up striker.

Only problem is suso, who is arguably our best attacking player.... maybe play him behind the strikers but I don’t think he would be as effective as calhanoglu or paqueta there....

I guess formations can change based on player availability and the team we are versing.

Still think we need a third striker tho for depth Bc borini and Castellejo aren’t strikers and we have already seen both cutrone and higuain both not be available for a few games.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Also if we stay with 4-3-3 we absolutely need a fast LW who can score goals to off set suso.

How many mercatos have we gone through needed a LW and then not getting one.

So far I see paqueta and calhanoglu as center attacking Mids, which in a 4-3-3 are more suited to that lcm role. Not the LW. They are stop gaps at LW (like Bonaventura was) but we need a Keita balde/papu Gomez type of LW who is actually a goal scoring threat

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
are you telling me that Maldini and Leonardo don't understand football?

maldini is a glorified intern, it's all on leonardo and gazidis

and let's see how they deal with this mercato and the next one.

past ones clearly didn't/were out of touch, coaches were n00bs

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
maldini is a glorified intern, it's all on leonardo and gazidis

and let's see how they deal with this mercato and the next one.

past ones clearly didn't/were out of touch, coaches were n00bs

:monto:

over 30 years on the highest level = glorified intern

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

over 30 years on the highest level = glorified intern

you think he has a say? :lol:

I'm telling you I don't blame maldini for any of the signings, I believe he's just learning how management works on all aspects and the guy making the player decisions is leonardo.

so yeh imo maldini is a glorified intern in terms of power, maybe that will change in the future.

I doubt maldini even knew who samu was until they signed him.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you think he has a say?

I'm telling you I don't blame maldini for any of the signings, I believe he's just learning how management works on all aspects and the guy making the player decisions is leonardo.

so yeh imo maldini is a glorified intern in terms of power, maybe that will change in the future.

I doubt maldini even knew who samu was until they signed him.

You know this or you just assume?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't maldini say he's going to learn from working with leonardo?

Look guys if you want to hold maldini responsible for flop signings, fair play to you. Just don't forget to point it out if piatek flops or when you call samu etc flop signings.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
These buys are definitely discussed within the management team, with Leo (and now Gazidis) having the final say.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
These buys are definitely discussed within the management team, with Leo (and now Gazidis) having the final say.

final say is what matters tho

maldini: hey bros fuck sensi lets sign fabregas to be our midfield general

leo: nah rather blow 40 on piatek and loan sensi

gazidis: yeh m8 seems like a big statement signing, fuck arsenalfantv

maldini: ok bros..sensi and piatek it is

Schedule