Week 18: Frosinone - Milan 26/12/2018 12:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Another chance to score a Serie A goal and maybe notch up our second win in seven games this coming Boxing Day.

Kessie and Bakayoko as far as I know return from suspension, perhaps alleviating our eyes after that dreadful midfield display in the Viola game.

In my head this should give the following line up:

Donna
Conti - Zapata - Romagnoli - RR
Kessie - Bakayoko - Hakan
Suso - Higuain - Castillejo

As I'm typing down the names "Hakan" and "Castillejo" I feel a light convulsion. To even think about them in a starting line up seems like blasphemy of sorts after the last game. But Hakan could after all have scored, he worked hard, and maybe it finally happens.

Frosinone has won 9 points in the first 17 matches...

As everyone knows this is the first of two win-or-bust games for our beloved club legend Gennaro Gattuso. He has lost the confidence of many, including me, and he may be done even if he wins these two games. I for one hope that Gattuso unlocks our troubles and delivers a confidence boosting 5-0 win. Hat-trick by Higuain and one each from Suso and Hakan.

Let's get the ball rolling and cheer on the boys!

Forza Milan!

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm proposing a 4-3-3 even with Baka and Kessie back because we have been absolutely dead in the water with the 4-4-2. If they can't manage to perform well in a three man midfield against a relegation side they should seriously consider changing profession.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
:thumbsup:

That is the best line up - all things considered, including the opposition.

I feel really low about our situation but will always be behind our guys.

Forza Milan!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Double post

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Obviously we should play 4-3-3.

And hopefully Castillejo shouldn’t come anywhere near a starting spot.

How the two can coexist is the question.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dolla

calabria zapata romangoli RR

kessie mauri bakayoko

suso cutrone samu

is what I'd like to see.

Obviously we should play 4-3-3.

And hopefully Castillejo shouldn’t come anywhere near a starting spot.

How the two can coexist is the question.

samu was playing well at the start of the season until grinttuso started perma benching him for no reason.

and we have zero offensive tactics, samu looks clueless out there, you don't go from looking promising to clueless within 2 months without good reason.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
dolla

kessie mauri bakayoko

suso cutrone samu

This is what I want, but I fear Gattuso doesn't have balls to bench Hakan and will start him at LW over Samu. Mauri was pretty good last game all thing considered (most of the team playing like shit) so definitely should start unless Monto is freed from his prison camp.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dolla

kessie mauri bakayoko

suso cutrone samu

is what I'd like to see.

samu was playing well at the start of the season until grinttuso started perma benching him for no reason.

and we have zero offensive tactics, samu looks clueless out there, you don't go from looking promising to clueless within 2 months without good reason.

We certainly attacked with purpose earlier this season. Do the players forget how between each game?

I blame the players even more than Gattuso. Suso and Higuain should be carrying this team right now, but they crumble instead.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Confidence is Low. Team will Need to Show some Character. If they Play Like shit again its obvious gattuso lost them

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
In my humble opinion.. I would prefer we draw so that Gatuso can finally leave.. He has really tried, and he has given this team his all..

That said, I believe its time we get a Real coach with a definite tactics or pattern of play... We need to have our playing identity

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
In my humble opinion.. I would prefer we draw so that Gatuso can finally leave.. He has really tried, and he has given this team his all..

That said, I believe its time we get a Real coach with a definite tactics or pattern of play... We need to have our playing identity

So you prefer we drop points just so Gattuso can possibly get sacks? Horrible attitude for a fan to have.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
So you prefer we drop points just so Gattuso can possibly get sacks? Horrible attitude for a fan to have.

To be fair he started with "in my humble opinion," which always excuses everything that follows.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
frosinone dominate possession, 25 shots, 10 on target, milan win 0-1 with an OG.

gattuso gets sacked

win win

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I HOPE we get the 3 points.
Quite frankly, I do not feel confident enough when we could not beat FUCKING Bologna but let's come back to 3pointville!! Forza Milan!!

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gattuso needs to throw caution out of the wind and go all out from the begining and add numbers in the opponent box. these are pathetic teams and we have to straight up bully them rather than wait for them to make mistakes. i want at least 50 balls delivered inside penalty box by half time. i don't give a shit about their counters. and also add clause to suso and hakan: for every off target shots they take, they have to deliver 10 balls to the penalty box.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Probable Milan Xl vs. Frosinone
(4-3-3):

Donnarumma, Calabria, Romagnoli, Zapata, Rodriguez, Bakayoko, Kessie, José Mauri, Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu. [Sky]

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probable Milan Xl vs. Frosinone
(4-3-3):

Donnarumma, Calabria, Romagnoli, Zapata, Rodriguez, Bakayoko, Kessie, José Mauri, Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu. [Sky]

Castillejo for Suso and we have our starting XI.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Castillejo for Suso and we have our starting XI.

Neos post.
DvQ_lT5WoAEmhW5

Suso is ruled out due to injury

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Frosinone (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodríguez; Kessié, Bakayoko, Çalhanoglu; Castillejo, Higuaín, Cutrone [Sky]

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Frosinone (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodríguez; Kessié, Bakayoko, Çalhanoglu; Castillejo, Higuaín, Cutrone [Sky]

We got this.