79485798_576742316458954_720000285912596480_o.jpg

Best mercato ever :D
Add Leo, Kalinic and Biglia :proud:

fetchimage

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Report: Milan eye Atalanta chief

Milan are reportedly looking at bringing Atalanta sporting director Giovanni Sartori to the club next year.

Milan have struggled for continuity in recent years, changing sporting director in each of the last three summers.

Ricky Massara replaced Leonardo, who in turn took over from Massimiliano Mirabelli, but Tuttomercatoweb writes there could be yet another shake-up.

As per the website, the Rossoneri would like Sartori to oversee their transfer dealings for the 2020-21 campaign.

The 62-year-old came through the Diavolo’s youth system as a player and was the brains behind Chievo’s historic promotion to Serie A in 2001.

His 22 years of service to the Flying Donkeys was followed by a move to Atalanta, where he has similarly overseen huge success, with the Dea breaking into Serie A’s top four and qualifying for the Champions League last 16.

Replacing him in Bergamo could be Stefano Capozucca, who recently left Genoa

https://www.football-italia.net/147860/report-milan-eye-atalanta-chief

This would be a good move, the guy knows how to work on a budget..and its not looking like we are going to be sold to random rich guy of the world anytime soon.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Atalanta chief coming will take some years to have effect. I’m not a big fan of this.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Report: Milan eye Atalanta chief

Milan are reportedly looking at bringing Atalanta sporting director Giovanni Sartori to the club next year.

Milan have struggled for continuity in recent years, changing sporting director in each of the last three summers.

Ricky Massara replaced Leonardo, who in turn took over from Massimiliano Mirabelli, but Tuttomercatoweb writes there could be yet another shake-up.

As per the website, the Rossoneri would like Sartori to oversee their transfer dealings for the 2020-21 campaign.

The 62-year-old came through the Diavolo’s youth system as a player and was the brains behind Chievo’s historic promotion to Serie A in 2001.

His 22 years of service to the Flying Donkeys was followed by a move to Atalanta, where he has similarly overseen huge success, with the Dea breaking into Serie A’s top four and qualifying for the Champions League last 16.

Replacing him in Bergamo could be Stefano Capozucca, who recently left Genoa

https://www.football-italia.net/147860/report-milan-eye-atalanta-chief

This would be a good move, the guy knows how to work on a budget..and its not looking like we are going to be sold to random rich guy of the world anytime soon.
Can he play LW?

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
More reports about Milan’s enquiry about Haland from Raiola. They want him already in January

https://twitter.com/86_longo/status/1207788599808278530

Here we gooooo. Leao-Haland or Leao-Haland-RW. With Ibra as the mentor. Bennacer as RCM, and new Regista.

Leao-Haland-RW
Bona-Reg-Bennacer
Theo-Romag-CB-Conti
Dollar

A good RW is essential but this could be a strong team and potential contender next year.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I don´t see anything special about Atalantas sporting director. How long he´s been at Atalanta for? About same amount of years as Gasperini probably? The amazing work over there is all on Gasperini and his style of play. He´s got a system which he knows very well, he knows the clubs budget and he knows exactly the type of players he needs to make his system work. Look at Zapata, nothing special before his move to Atalanta. Or Ilicic, good player, but exploded there.

Gasperini is the one who should be praised and hailed, the work is all on him, not their sporting director.

I don´t like the hiring of that guy at all if the rumours are true

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don´t see anything special about Atalantas sporting director. How long he´s been at Atalanta for? About same amount of years as Gasperini probably? The amazing work over there is all on Gasperini and his style of play. He´s got a system which he knows very well, he knows the clubs budget and he knows exactly the type of players he needs to make his system work. Look at Zapata, nothing special before his move to Atalanta. Or Ilicic, good player, but exploded there.

Gasperini is the one who should be praised and hailed, the work is all on him, not their sporting director.

I don´t like the hiring of that guy at all if the rumours are true

Same here. It's not like they got some amazing young players signed for peanuts. Gasperini is working with a completely mediocre roster. He somehow makes them look special. On the other hand clubs like Monaco or Benfica know how to spot the REAL talent and they sell their players for crazy fees.

We all saw that once Atalanta players leave the club, they look mediocre as shit - Kessie, Spinazzola, Conti, Cristante, etc. None of them stepped up after leaving Atalanta. I am perfectly sure that if they had Giampaolo right now, they would've been somewhere between 13th-15th place.

On a side note - just read that MU are interested in Haaland and the rumour is that the deal will go over 80 m :lol:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
We’re not paying 80mil for a half season wonder.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Todibo and his entourage has given their 'OK' on the transfer to Milan and the Rossoneri directors are confident of the possibility of closing the deal. Though Barcelona do not seem open to accepting the loan solution and want to sell outright [Gazzetta dello Sport]

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same here. It's not like they got some amazing young players signed for peanuts. Gasperini is working with a completely mediocre roster. He somehow makes them look special. On the other hand clubs like Monaco or Benfica know how to spot the REAL talent and they sell their players for crazy fees.

We all saw that once Atalanta players leave the club, they look mediocre as shit - Kessie, Spinazzola, Conti, Cristante, etc. None of them stepped up after leaving Atalanta. I am perfectly sure that if they had Giampaolo right now, they would've been somewhere between 13th-15th place.

On a side note - just read that MU are interested in Haaland and the rumour is that the deal will go over 80 m :lol:

He apparently has a 30m release clause

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan want to engage Ralf Rangnick as a club consultant starting January before taking over as head coach and sporting director starting next season, according to Bild. He is currently the Head of Sport and Development Soccer at Red Bull

This would be the first real actual culture shock move which is long overdue

But both coach and SD for one person is a very tall order

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Milan want to engage Ralf Rangnick as a club consultant starting January before taking over as head coach and sporting director starting next season, according to Bild. He is currently the Head of Sport and Development Soccer at Red Bull

This would be the first real actual culture shock move which is long overdue

But both coach and SD for one person is a very tall order

Fake. Non-Italian coach :D

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I like the idea of one person being both Sporting Director and Head Coach. It should mean he'll get players he actually wants for his system. It's been such a problem that we've been playing 4-3-3 without a proper left winger for a number of seasons now which has been really crappy.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like the idea of one person being both Sporting Director and Head Coach. It should mean he'll get players he actually wants for his system. It's been such a problem that we've been playing 4-3-3 without a proper left winger for a number of seasons now which has been really crappy.

It works in theory but each is a full time position, makes me think one person doing both will be less effective at each

But apparently this is the approach he prefers

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Lots of praises have been thrown around here for Rangnick. I´ve never watched Leipzig nor his other teams. What´s so special about him?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

At the same time this means binding the SD to very short term success which isn't good at all, of course a SD needs some success too but a coach is in danger if he looses 3 games in a row, a SD should normally even survive a bad season. Milan isn't Red Bull where you are untouchable as long as you have the company favor.

By convoluting the roles the whole management model becomes even more short term, and our main problem is that we don't have a calm management for years now, no stability.

Also Ragnick has hardly any experience outside Germany (as a coach). I`d definitely prefer an Italian or at least internationally expirienced coach.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lots of praises have been thrown around here for Rangnick. I´ve never watched Leipzig nor his other teams. What´s so special about him?

His main achievement in his RedBull era is taking them from complete millionaires toy to a more structured system. He had a shit load of money for the respective leagues when he started and built a system to exploit this advantage systematically and to generate more income.

He is a very good organizer and everything is well planned, from super professional academies over integration of foreign players to a network of clubs and academies all over the world.

His approach is very organized and effective but also mechanic and sterile, he builds a machinery.
People who like individualists and players with a lot of character, ultra culture and even have troubles with Italian coaches over-planing things - he is not for you.
Also his players are usually good in his system but outside they are hit and miss, some are really good overall and some crack ability and mentality wise if they are away from the safe space of his machinery.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
It works in theory but each is a full time position, makes me think one person doing both will be less effective at each

But apparently this is the approach he prefers

It's a bit like an old-style English gaffer - full executive power - like Sir Alex back in the day and even Big Sam these days I guess. Ralf would have underlings to do the actual leg work for both I would think otherwise you're right, he'd never get anything done.

At the same time this means binding the SD to very short term success which isn't good at all, of course a SD needs some success too but a coach is in danger if he looses 3 games in a row, a SD should normally even survive a bad season. Milan isn't Red Bull where you are untouchable as long as you have the company favor.

By convoluting the roles the whole management model becomes even more short term, and our main problem is that we don't have a calm management for years now, no stability.

Also Ragnick has hardly any experience outside Germany. I`d definitely prefer an Italian or at least internationally expirienced coach.

You have a point there about short-termism. I think back in the day owners/directors were more patient and more likely to keep a manager for years despite a slow start.

I prefer an Italian too but we haven't been getting much success with Italian/Serie A coaches - would like to see something different and hope it works.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Also Ragnick has hardly any experience outside Germany (as a coach). I`d definitely prefer an Italian or at least internationally expirienced coach.
This

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Please sign Jovic, Rakitic and Everton please. Rangnick rumors are bs, but the guy is competent. Would be a suprise

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Rangnick lead Hoffenheim to path of glory, from lower leagues, to title contenders. It would be really good, especially if he is going to have consultant role until next season.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Paolo Scaroni(Chairman), Ivan Gazidis(CEO), Maldini(Technical Director), Boban(Chief Football Officer), Massara(Sporting Director), Pioli(Head Coach), Ganz(Head Coach Feminine), Moncada(Head Scout), Giunti(Head Coach Primavera).
Iirc Bonera is still part of the coaching staff, and Dida is keeper coach in Primavera. Massaro part of public relations.
Rui Costa SD at Benfica, Leo SD at PSG. Van Bommel ex coach at PSV, Ancelotti ex coach at Napoli, Allegri ex coach at Juventus. Gattuso head coach at Napoli, Inzaghi head coach at Benevento, Sheva head coach of Ukraine.
With the probability of Pioli leaving and a new Sporting Director coming in the summer what do Milan fans think of names like Sheva, placing first with Ukraine in wc qualifiers, Van Bommel after a solid year at PSV, reunion with Allegri Ancelotti or even Gattuso although unlikely, and even Rui Costa who’s done good with Benfica.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Napoli are pushing for Torreira. Arsenal are open to sell him unlike in the summer when we asked. Mentioned price is 30 m.

Why are we not all over this? Sell Kessie for 20 m and you have 2/3 Torreira. He can do a double pivot with Bennacer or play in the middle with Ben on the left/right

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan are working on closing a deal for 17-year-old defender Becir Omeragic who plays for FC Zurich [Di Marzio]

No idea who this is but he is a starter (last few games) for Zurich being... 17

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan are working on closing a deal for 17-year-old defender Becir Omeragic who plays for FC Zurich [Di Marzio]

No idea who this is but he is a starter (last few games) for Zurich being... 17
Too old.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Napoli are pushing for Torreira. Arsenal are open to sell him unlike in the summer when we asked. Mentioned price is 30 m.

Why are we not all over this? Sell Kessie for 20 m and you have 2/3 Torreira. He can do a double pivot with Bennacer or play in the middle with Ben on the left/right

He is too similar to Bennacer imo. Better get a more physical guy like Baka and play with Paq, Bak(type) and Bennacer.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This year feels like the lowest the club has been in my 30 years of sucking air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule