Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Hes just too automatic, plays by the book too much. I like players who play from the gut, with a more dgaf attitude.

Thats the biggest bullshit anyone has ever said about basketball :lol:

If playing by the book is breaking ankles, argubly having the best handle in the history of NBA, taking and makings shots NOONE has ever been able to take and make at such a high level while dishing out assists and being by far the best PG in the game is playing by the book? Ya :lol: than Curry is playing by the book :lol:

Noone in the history of the game took more impulsive shots when getting hot and actually made it at such a high efficency. Curry is the ultimate microwave and is a joy to watch.

Last edited:

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'd say Madridista is trolling you all, and he's doing a decent job of it, imo.
He knows that Curry is world's best player in this moment he just won't say it. I respect that.
Don't let them break you. Fuck Curry and his treys :)

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
having the best handle in the history of NBA
lol please:o

I'd say Madridista is trolling you all, and he's doing a decent job of it, imo.
He knows that Curry is world's best player in this moment he just won't say it. I respect that.
Don't let them break you. Fuck Curry and his treys :)
:lol::lol::thumbsup:

Im not arguing if he is the best RIGHT NOW, Im arguing about people getting ahead of themselves about his all time status. it hasnt even been a whole season ffs.

Its not that I dont like him, he just not my favorite type of player. maybe its just because hes playing for GS, whack team:lol: its amazing how well he can shoot the ball, I give you that:eek:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this guy has been crazy

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Paul George on the pace to set career highs in ppg, rpg, apg, fg%, 3pt%, 3pt mades, per 6 better than the best season so far, ts % 5 better than the best season so far, fta 2 more than best season

What a epic comeback

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
this guy has been crazy

Pg would win mvp for eary season if steph wasn't insane

Tonight will be great. Pg is right behind Kawhi in terms of guys who can frustrate steph. 6 inches taller, 9-10 inches longer, quicker, unscreenable and unlike guys like russ or Lbj he Almost never bites at hesitations/fakes

Should be a fun one.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Too buy the book is best troll of all time

Without a doubt steph is
A. Best BAD SHOT maker of all time
B. Pure instinct

He has other flaws but those are his strengths. Infact coaches always got mad at him for playing with his head in the clouds

Just admit it's personal b/c your criticisms are patently false

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Too buy the book is best troll of all time

Without a doubt steph is
A. Best BAD SHOT maker of all time
B. Pure instinct

He has other flaws but those are his strengths. Infact coaches always got mad at him for playing with his head in the clouds

Just admit it's personal b/c your criticisms are patently false

yup.....well MJ/Kobe used to take all the bad shots that the coach would normally curse you for as well :D Nobody would bug them about taking them because they were the go-to men. (well Kobe kinda overdid it)

But yeah Steph probably has a higher % of scoring them than even regular season MJ

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
CV4j_H6U8AAsW4t.png:large

KD at 1.21 points per possession is absurd. Basically shooting 60%.

Blake out of high post is also absurd.

H/t to Curry. He's top 5 in iso's last 2+ seasons. It's what separates GSW from say Atlanta. They run a system (a kin to triangle or spurs) but they got curry to fall back on when it fails. Pretty much necessary to compete. Need the guy who can make individual plays when play falls apart.

This is why Manu was always so underrated for Spurs. Was their 'out' plan when shit wasn't working which happens in 7 game series

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yup.....well MJ/Kobe used to take all the bad shots that the coach would normally curse you for as well :D Nobody would bug them about taking them because they were the go-to men. (well Kobe kinda overdid it)

But yeah Steph probably has a higher % of scoring them than even regular season MJ

phil always described them in a way that they'd break off triangle when things went wrng. But triangle was key in keeping everyone involved and generating conssitent offense.

Phil's main descriptor as difference between kobe and MJ, aside from physical gifts MJ has, was MJ was the more natural leader and didn't blow off plays as much. Played with in system much more, and took over when needed. Had the much better balance. Kobe would play for himself and take significantly worse shots and kill possessions. A big reason no Kobe team ever won a title w/o having all-star big men to dominate the glass.

Of course kobe got better at the flaws as he aged. Maturity. It's what makes him so interesting. So many contradictions

But it goes back to same point: You gotta have a system. Stars don't need it to shine, cause superstars can get shots whenever. But the system maximizes them, and brings best out of role guys.

I'm not a believer triangle is be all end all in systems. Their are multiple good ones, which utilize motions, screens, passing etc. But Phil was able to get guys to buy into his system period, which was the key part. Hard to get stars to buy in.

You're seeing it w/ LBJ. Miami had a system which maximized LBJ. Notice all his stats have fallen, and he's not winning 60+ games anymore w/o it. He's still amazing but to win a title you need whole team on same page.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if you wanna understand why GSW made a huge jump it's down to coaching.

Steph was dominating under MJax but no one else played well. Sat around 51 win team underachieving in playoffs. We had worst ball movement. Klay was mediocre. Bogut was nonexistent on O. Iggy wasn't there.

This is no different than many great players.

Talent comes first. Then you need to create right system around them to maximize their strengths w/ the others.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Bradley bout to beat warriors 2moro

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
CV4j_H6U8AAsW4t.png:large

KD at 1.21 points per possession is absurd. Basically shooting 60%.

Blake out of high post is also absurd.

H/t to Curry. He's top 5 in iso's last 2+ seasons. It's what separates GSW from say Atlanta. They run a system (a kin to triangle or spurs) but they got curry to fall back on when it fails. Pretty much necessary to compete. Need the guy who can make individual plays when play falls apart.

This is why Manu was always so underrated for Spurs. Was their 'out' plan when shit wasn't working which happens in 7 game series
I'm keeping track of those stats daily but didn't notice that Blake crawled up to no 2. Durant tops that list almost every year, Curry destroys bigs after pnr switch, Harden has a 29 % frequency at iso which is absurd. GSW runs least iso s in the league I think. I am surprised that Dirk is out of the list considering how well he is doing this year. He was always high there.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
KD best basketball player in the world for me still.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rondo so good:eek: back to his best. if not for such a crazy competition at pg (Westbrook, CP3, Curry) hes a definite allstar.

Kings can definitely make it in the playoffs. theyre getting better and better. four places are up for grabs (Warriors, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers make it 1005).

Ideally we see Minnesota there too.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
what exercises do you guys do to jump higher?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This is good:

SportsCenter On The Road: We asked three retired tenacious defenders how they'd stop Stephen Curry

LikeD Bowen's response the most:

BOWEN: "I don't think guys study guys as much today. They just hope Steph has an off night. They don't know what he likes to do with he's dribbling with his right hand, when he's dribbling with his left hand.

"With Steph, I know, for example, that he doesn't like when people hold him. If you watch his games, he throws his hands up like, 'Get your hands off me.' I would keep my hands on him. You can notice things with his body language as well. I know when things aren't going well Steph hangs his head. ... When I see that, that's when I dig in. That's when I'm going old school, man -- deny, deny, deny. Even if it means not helping somewhere else and a guy makes a layup. At least he didn't make a layup.

"I'd approach Steph like I would Kobe [Bryant] back in his prime. To me, it wasn't like you just play for one or two quarters. No. It's a 48-minute test. You can never relax. You have to treat him like he's having one of those moments where he's going for 50 and -- I admit it -- again, I could get selfish sometimes.

"I'd get so zoned in on guarding someone, I might run toward them on a break when someone else was left wide open. But that's just because with guys like Steph, all they need to see is one hoop go in the basket for them. Kobe, Tracy McGrady, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo [Anthony] -- these guys are all the same. Once it goes in the basket, it clicks with them. Something clicks. They're no longer wondering, they're thinking, 'OK. I got it.' All it takes is making one shot.

"With Steph, quite often it's not the first or secondary screen, it's the third screen or more when he loses someone. Guys tend to relax, he takes off, and he creates the necessary separation he needs. He's so smart. So with him, it's also just staying engaged in the play. He's kinda like Kobe in that way too. I knew Kobe was very competitive, but some other guys I guarded, they would quit. There were other times where other scorers would get the ball and just swing it. And that -- that would be the time when I'd know I've won."

Steph's relentless movement off ball combine w/ his skills off the dribble on ball are what makes him really hard. Also why GSW designed a really good team arund him, b/c he's lethal in both situations.

Jackson just had him dribble all game as PG. He was great but you're wasting times he can be at SG and kill you too

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm keeping track of those stats daily but didn't notice that Blake crawled up to no 2. Durant tops that list almost every year, Curry destroys bigs after pnr switch, Harden has a 29 % frequency at iso which is absurd. GSW runs least iso s in the league I think. I am surprised that Dirk is out of the list considering how well he is doing this year. He was always high there.

i don't think they're defining many of Dirks plays at pure isolations (aka doesn't have 40 defined)

Ex: Post ups aren't isos
Catching off a screen, not an iso.

Stat's not perfect but yeah. Dirk's only iso would be if he's swung ball w/ a clear out, which they rarely do w/ him anymore

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rondo so good:eek: back to his best. if not for such a crazy competition at pg (Westbrook, CP3, Curry) hes a definite allstar.

Kings can definitely make it in the playoffs. theyre getting better and better. four places are up for grabs (Warriors, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers make it 1005).

Ideally we see Minnesota there too.

Minnesota is a year away imo.

i LOVE their talent base, but coaching sucks. Whole year is weird w/ their coach passing. (RIP Flip)

-

Kings got an outside shot. But they have no margin for error.

Ex: w/ Boogie they are 8-8 (which includes a loss where he played 12 mins before he got hurt). 1-7 when he's been out.

True bigs tend to miss 10-15 games a year, just by nature of position. Physicality, you get a knock here and there, and they simply aren't good enough to get there w/ boogie out. so any chance they make it will require Boogie being VERY healthy.

-

IMO, barring injury collapse:

GSW, Spurs lock up top 2
OKC locks up 3
LAC, Mem, Hou end 4-6 (prob in that order)
I think Utah and Dallas got 7-8, but I'd be more confident Dallas fall out than Utah. Mostly cause of Dirk's age and over reliance on him.

So I won't count out Phoenix, Sac or New Orleans (who despite being DEAD in standings) just got tyreke back. Holiday slowly getting off mins restrictions. Bigs healthy. Pondexter back soon. They have talent to make run considering botton of west playoffs is not impressive right now. Looks like a year where 8 seed will be 42-40 instead of 48-34.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn..Celtics shoulda won that

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
[/B]

i don't think they're defining many of Dirks plays at pure isolations (aka doesn't have 40 defined)

Ex: Post ups aren't isos
Catching off a screen, not an iso.

Stat's not perfect but yeah. Dirk's only iso would be if he's swung ball w/ a clear out, which they rarely do w/ him anymore
I worked for 4 years as synergy logger so I know exactly what counts as iso. Dirk was always on iso list but not this year. His production has gone up, though. Nothing extraordinary there, just noticing.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Blake got to have the best midrange game of all big men in the league.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
lol the bucks? seriously?

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Blake got to have the best midrange game of all big men in the league.
Not really. And I am a big fan. You have to take defensive pressure into the equation, not just percentages. Defenders still don't respect his jumper there as opposed to some other big men , AD for example. His driving ability contributes to that, though.

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not really. And I am a big fan. You have to take defensive pressure into the equation, not just percentages. Defenders still don't respect his jumper there as opposed to some other big men , AD for example. His driving ability contributes to that, though.

It seems to me most of his points are coming from pick n pop. I dont know anyone who disrespects his jumper, he just manages to get himself free most of the time

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It seems to me most of his points are coming from pick n pop. I dont know anyone who disrespects his jumper, he just manages to get himself free most of the time
Not most of his points but great deal of them, true, come from spot up and pick and pop. At beginning of the season, he was making 47% of his midrange jumpers which was enough to be, considering the volume, the best midrange shooter in the league, alongside Paul George. But he really struggles with it lately and is making below 30% of those. I assume you have watched the highlights of Brooklyn game where he closed the game with and was making those down the stretch. But he wasn't making them in first 3 quarters and still missed a lot of them.
He manages to get himself free coz of various factors, not because he's great at making himself free, only. I am not saying that he's bad at it. Just that he's not the best in league.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

nah... they give him the shot all game.

they are worried about him driving or the lob to deandre, and CP and Redick's outside shooting ability. Most D's are designed to give Blake a free mid-ranger.

That said he's become incredibly proficient at it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
best mid-range shooters in NBA are Dirk and KD. They'r also excellent long range threats but yeah.

Per bball-reference:

Blake is 41.5% from 10-16 feet, and 41.6% frm 16-23 feet
KD is 53.8% from 10-16 feet, 46% from 16-23 feet
Dirk is 51.7% and 43%

Obviously they all have specific spots they prefer, and context of look (shot clock, pressure of defender) matters. But yeah in terms of getting a clean good look out of mid-range w/ a high % chance of going in Dirk and KD are best

Schedule