Zeke

Professional bowler
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka, Romagnoli, Bonaventura

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We should be able to field a team worthy of beating Atalanta. With berto, Alex, bona and monto (maybe) out I'll be thinking a team like the one below is our most realistic option.

We can not move from the 4-3-3

Donna
De sciglio
Roma
Mexes
Anto
Kucka
Dejong
Poli
Cerci
Adriano
Niang

Bacca has played a lot the past few weeks and I think maybe 15-25 minutes for him at the end of the game is all he needs. Idgaf if we win 1-0 on the 90th minute. I want my 3 points!

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Should miha try 4-4-2 to adapt with our current injury and suspension issue?
Cerci - Kucka - De Jong - Honda/Suso
Luiz adriano - Bacca
We need to keep our defensive shape compact and with 8 players behind the ball and work rate of bacca adriano it is doable

Or maybe miha is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Then continue with 4-3-3

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Crucial match

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Not gonna be easy with Bona Berto out.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
luiz bacca

cerci boli monto kucka

antonelli roma mexes des

lopez

pls

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A close look at the table shows we've actually been decent this season, beyond our place in the table. We've played most of the top half teams, which probably has a lot to do with why our season has been up and down. We still have to play juventus, atalanta, sampdoria and roma. If we can get two wins out of those four games, id be satisfied. Milan still has to play each of the bottom 4 teams in the league. Those will be the games to grab points and sneak our way into the asses of the teams above us on the table.

Gotta win here first though. Fuck injuries

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't switch to a 4-4-2 for this game. Injuries aside, the team is starting to grow into the 4-3-3 and i wouldn't switch it after a huge win.

Keep the team compact with one striker and more players to shield the defense. I trust the team to score one goal without two strikers on the field. What I'd worry about is the team gifting a goal away. I hope niang gets in for LW

Edit: With bona and berto definitely out and maybe montolivo, 4-4-2 is a definite no. The midfield will be weakened and thus the backline will have less protection. No reason for 2 strikers here. The extra man is too necessary

Last edited:

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
With Bona & Berto out ... we only have Honda as creative midfielder, i hope he can step up his game

Also enough with Gigi, Sinister should give a chance to Lopez as well

Lopez
Abate - Mexes - Romagnolli - Antonelli
Honda - De Jong - Kucka
Cerci - Bacca - Niang

Edit : forgot about Monto ... he can replace Honda spot if he can recover from injury on time

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Donnarumma
De Sciglio - Zapata - Romagnolli - Antonelli
Poli/Montolivo if ready - De Jong - Kucka
Cerci - Bacca - Niang

Many players missing, but I want a 2:0 win, Atalanta are shit in attack, and we play in home.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
A close look at the table shows we've actually been decent this season, beyond our place in the table. We've played most of the top half teams, which probably has a lot to do with why our season has been up and down. We still have to play juventus, atalanta, sampdoria and roma. If we can get two wins out of those four games, id be satisfied. Milan still has to play each of the bottom 4 teams in the league. Those will be the games to grab points and sneak our way into the asses of the teams above us on the table.

Gotta win here first though. Fuck injuries

sampdoria? hmm... they are not good in away matches: lost 2:0 vs torino and frosinone, 2:1 vs atalanta, and a draw 1:1 vs chievo.

in our 6 matches before winter break vs atalanta, juve, samp, carpi, verona, frosinone 15 points will be ok... if we want to fight for top 3, but only with new formations, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, never with 4-3-1-2 or we can forget the top 3.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We should be able to field a team worthy of beating Atalanta. With berto, Alex, bona and monto (maybe) out I'll be thinking a team like the one below is our most realistic option.

We can not move from the 4-3-3

Donna
De sciglio
Roma
Mexes
Anto
Kucka
Dejong
Poli
Cerci
Adriano
Niang

Bacca has played a lot the past few weeks and I think maybe 15-25 minutes for him at the end of the game is all he needs. Idgaf if we win 1-0 on the 90th minute. I want my 3 points!

Bacca to not play from the start? How can a CF like Adriano get assists from Poli, De Jong and Kucka? Maybe even with Bacca it can be hard without Bonaventura, Montolivo and Bertolacci.

I hope Bacca, Niang or Cerci will beat Atalanta creating individual chances, because with this midfield... :fp:

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Donnarumma
De Sciglio - Zapata - Romagnolli - Antonelli
Poli/Montolivo if ready - De Jong - Kucka
Cerci - Bacca - Niang

Many players missing, but I want a 2:0 win, Atalanta are shit in attack, and we play in home.

One or the things i agree with Miha is that De Jong a Monto can't play together. Monto has lost his speed to play Mezzala like he used to when he was young and had healthy legs.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
One or the things i agree with Miha is that De Jong a Monto can't play together. Monto has lost his speed to play Mezzala like he used to when he was young and had healthy legs.

He said they can't play together 'with this system'. So with 4-4-2 maybe they can.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Atalanta have lost and have failed to score in their last 3 away matches in Serie A. Milan have won 6 of their last 7 home matches in Serie A.

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
need a comfortable win here. if we get that, even juve with their bad form should be possible. that would make 5 league wins in a row...cant remember when that happend the last time :fp::lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
need a comfortable win here. if we get that, even juve with their bad form should be possible. that would make 5 league wins in a row...cant remember when that happend the last time :fp::lol:

with seedorf, 5 wins: vs fiore, chievo, genoa, catania, livorno.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
the players that are injured: lopez, bona, berto, menez, niang

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta play a simple 433 which means we need to worry about their fullbacks overloading our defense. This would have been a disaster during the 4312 phase, but now that we have protection (our wingers tracking back) it's not an issue.

The question is how do you replace Bonaventura? Niang maybe won't track back as much and he definitely isn't match fit. There isn't any other option at LW (which is strange since we usually have an abundance in that position in the past few seasons)

Do we go 442 or stick with what's working?

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
If bona, monto, berto and alex cant play this game then miha should go to berlu and cr7 and ask them about formation and players selection - thats the deep this team have with 28 players on roster.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Think it would be 4 in a row, but it's still been a while since that happened. No need to let up here, this is a game we should be winning.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
didn't see a name here at all : Honda.. :$

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I think we could go for 4-2-3-1 for this if we need to change the formation.

Poli-Kujka
Cerci-Honda-Niang

In the mid .We could also have DeJong in the mid,which might be preferable because we would need leadership ,now that Monto-Alex-Abate are out.But have two Box-to-Box mids has its own advantage.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
gigi
des mexes romagnoli antonelli
cerci de jong monto kuco
adriano bacca

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
With Bona & Berto out ... we only have Honda as creative midfielder, i hope he can step up his game

Lopez
Honda - De Jong - Kucka
Cerci - Bacca - Niang

Edit : forgot about Monto ... he can replace Honda spot if he can recover from injury on time

Lopez is out for like a month.

I do not think we should play Honda in midfield, especially not with NDJ next to him.

I think we should play the same team but with Poli instead of Bertolacci and Niang, if fit, instead of Bonaventura. If he's not, then Honda and switch Cerci to the Left Wing. Oh, and if Alex isn't ready then Mexes obviously.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
What about 4213?
-------bacca
Niang-honda-cerci
---dejong--kucka

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso

Lopez
Honda - De Jong - Kucka
Cerci - Bacca - Niang

Lopez is injured .. thank God

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Atalanta play a simple 433 which means we need to worry about their fullbacks overloading our defense. This would have been a disaster during the 4312 phase, but now that we have protection (our wingers tracking back) it's not an issue.

The question is how do you replace Bonaventura? Niang maybe won't track back as much and he definitely isn't match fit. There isn't any other option at LW (which is strange since we usually have an abundance in that position in the past few seasons)

Do we go 442 or stick with what's working?

Niang tracks back quite a bit. He is very hard working in that sense. He basically played fullback with Allegri.The only thing i'm worried about is his fitness.

Schedule