Week 16: AC Milan 1-1 Hellas Verona F.C - Sun 13/12/2015 - 15:00 CET

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Di Stefano: "Niang could take the role of Cerci as a winger, Adriano to play with Bacca in attack."

Repubblica: Cerci is likely to start from the bench vs Verona. Niang will take his place as a right winger.

Di Marzio says the same:
Niang will most likely replace Cerci on the flank with Bacca & Luiz Adriano upfront, Balotelli could make the bench.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Which Hellas Verona do not have. :)

I don't see any harm having Niang-Adriano for this match.

These small teams like to sit deep and when they do, Niang becomes clueless on what to do.

Maybe with Adriano he'd play better but Niang needs to learn to stop shooting the ball into the stands as well.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Di Stefano reports that De Jong could start the game against Verona in the midfield alongside Montolivo.

Niang and De Jong. Finally no more Kucka and Cerci, no more mediocre players who can't keep possesion.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i'd like to see

jack - monto - dejong - kucka

this midfield could provide more possesion

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Niang and Abate on the right wing? This either will be great or suicide

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
i am 99p sure that they won't score.. but the question is, will we score?

kucka >>>> de jong

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up vs Verona:

4-4-2: Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Niang, Montolivo, De Jong, Bonaventura; Bacca, Adriano;

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
CVyHI0aW4AAkhl-.jpg

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang and Abate on the right wing? This either will be great or suicide

since moving to the 4-3-3/4-4-2 our fullbacks have not been going up front.. they've just been sitting back.. it is essential for fullbacks to push up and attack in this 4-4-2, it can give us extra numbers on either the right or left wing... they don't have to dribble or anything crazy, they just need to simply open up and stand in a position that'll force defenders/midfielders to come towards you opening up space for the fullback's team mates.

unfortunately we have de sciglio and abate starting this one. you'd think that we would play more attacking with our fullbacks pushing up given that its a home game versus verona....but we haven't seen anything like that in a while. They do push up a little bit but far far less than what they're supposed to.

let's see what kinda performance will we see from Monto + De Jong in the middle. The problem with Monto and Kucka is that at times they are so good and in the same very match they are also very bad, they cannot seem to remain consistently very good throughout the full game... I know its not an easy thing to do but ffs they've been making countless mistakes in each game. I also am disappointed with the service from Bonaventura/Cerci, they keep trying and trying and then lose the ball. Cerci attempts a dribble but runs out of bounds, Jack dribbles and turns, then dribbles again and shoots... either straight into a defender or way wide... just like his attempted assists.

our final ball to our strikers is our worst quality. that's what we need to work on the most...... only a Tadej would have not guessed that we would suffer from lack of creativity after seeing the midfield for the past 3 years... creativity (or fantasia, a word Italian media are using nowadays that precisely means that) is and has been our problem for recent years, hopefully the management will use the Jan window to fix that problem instead of buy Witsel, someone who we all will be disappointed to have signed after discovering what an average player he was.

Banega has an expiring contract in the summer, we have to use our relations with Seville to get him in January. He's one player that we need to sign for free so that we can have more of a transfer budget for a single world class midfielder to partner him. Would be great to sign Vidal from Bayern but yeah that won't happen. Maybe Diawarra of Bologna? He style reminds me a lot of Mamadou Diarra of Lyon.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milan Channel - Balotelli trained with the group today. Bertolacci and De Sciglio trained in the gym.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Calabria could replace DeS becuase he has a little injury.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
calabria sucks so bad that even constant would actually be better than him.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
calabria sucks so bad that even constant would actually be better than him.

inb4 comments such as:
-hes young
-has no experience
-hasnt played enough minutes
-will make mistakes
-still better than des
-is new maldini
-is new des

must be forgetting some other obvious ones.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is just not going to work again and Niang at RM is a waste.

I guess we have to use Cerci again.

Isn't it past 10 btw ? :D

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is just not going to work again and Niang at RM is a waste.

I guess we have to use Cerci again.

Isn't it past 10 btw ? :D

I honestly have no idea :lol:

I'm still down to hang out later when I get home from school.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up according to Gazzetta.

12316528_959449254091157_5651102076249339948_n.jpg

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milanello: Bertolacci trained with the group, while De Sciglio worked apart.

Gazzetta: De Jong is favourite over Kucka to start in midfield with Montolivo.

Schedule