Siena 2-1 AC Milan: FT Report

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Siena Vs Milan......Serie A Week 31 - 17/4/05 (15.00)

Serie A Week 31 - 17/4/05 (15.00)
Siena - Milan

Stadio Franchi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A clash between one of Serie A’s strugglers and a Scudetto contender is a recipe for disaster this season. Though Milan seem to be able to beat the biggest and best sides put in front of them, they tend to struggle against the smaller clubs.

Last week’s draw at home to Brescia emphasised this point – a similar result in Tuscany will surely hand Juventus the Scudetto initiative. And the Bianconeri will be hoping that Igor Tudor and Davide Chiumiento, who are on loan in Tuscany, can do them a favour.

The last time these two sides met, an Andriy Shevchenko brace helped Milan to a 2-1 win. The Ukranian striker will again take his place in attack, but Carlo Ancelotti must decide who to play alongside him.

The tactician will hand Jaap Stam and Kaka recalls after suspension, while Paolo Maldini’s involvement in Milan’s midweek Champions’ League clash at Inter is likely to see him play after missing the Brescia game last week.

Siena have no new injury worries and, with only Bruno Cirillo suspended, they are likely to name an unchanged side.
=======================================================

So What Do You Think About This Game?

We Hope to win this Game..

Forza Milan

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
pirlo is out but rino should return! I just hope we dont drop points and win! Ill be happy even with a 1-0.

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
2-0 Milan...it's as simple as that. Milan knows Juve has nothin to win but the title. We cant afford to slip up now. We have to rack up as many points as possible now. I'm hoping Juve ties their match so we can have some breathing space.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Milan vs Smaller Club, as some website said......is a recipe for disaster. I doubt we will make the mistake twice in a row by dropping points to the 20th place team (Brescia) and the 18th place team.....that would be pathetic.

Sheva, Kaka, Maldini and Stam all back......now that sure helps doesnt it.......ATM

Defenders.....

1. Stam
2. Ferdinand
3 Terry
4. Canavarro
5. Maldini

Thats at the moment....Nesta.....seems to be beaten 1 on 1 quite often recently...although he did make a few good tacjles against Inter overall he was average as he almost cost us a goal by letting Kily escape on the wing first and get in to the box and then Martins....WHERES THE NESTA OF OLD.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Rivaldo-11 said:
Thats at the moment....Nesta.....seems to be beaten 1 on 1 quite often recently...although he did make a few good tacjles against Inter overall he was average as he almost cost us a goal by letting Kily escape on the wing first and get in to the box and then Martins....WHERES THE NESTA OF OLD.

Tottally agree. Nesta has taken a dip in form this season often beaten 1 vs.1. He also comits a lot of late tackles that are costing him a lot of red cards and yellows which equal a lot of missed games. This is not good.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
At this stage of the season, we must keep getting 3 points every game. Nothing else is acceptable. Like Sheva said, "Dropping Points is forbidden!"

I predict 2:0

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Hopefully 1-0. The Old Slut have a more difficult game against Lecce so a slight chance to move ahead and I think it's Inter for the Bianconeri on Wednesday?

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
Since Sheva is back we will definitely take the points from Siena as long as he is not partnered by JDT. Sheva and Crespo have some chemistry together as of late and when you combine this with Kaka's new found form its a dynamite combination. Milan 3 Siena 0

Forza Milan

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I Still waiting for the starting line-up of this game> ... What is doing Ancelotti?

We don't lose point again when Juve lost point

Shevchenko said : “Losing points now is forbidden”'

I hope to win 2: 0 (Sheve)

Forza Sheva
Forza Milan

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
2-0 for Milan by Sheva and Kaka.. and let's pray that Juve will slip.. :)

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rivaldo-11 said:

Even though this thread is not about the PLAYERS or Nesta per se, but I must say I completely agree with this... What happened to him lately ??

And can you imagine that according to your own list we have top 2 defenders of the top 5 defenders of the world at this persent time ... That too, we are complaining about another one for not being in the list... That is the strength of MILAN....

BTW, I think you would win this match.. after a long time now that we are in CL SEMIS, we would celebrate by putting on a clinic at SIENA, MILAN wins it by 3 - 0....

Reaction score
I think Milan will get a 2-0 score..and I think Rui will again score..possibly from the freekick..and one more from Sheva.
Forza Milan

Reaction score
Marco Azzuri said:
Tottally agree. Nesta has taken a dip in form this season often beaten 1 vs.1. He also comits a lot of late tackles that are costing him a lot of red cards and yellows which equal a lot of missed games. This is not good.
Agreed. He seems very casual at times, too-- strikes me that he's starting to believe all the press about him, and thinks he has to do nothing but stand there and be Nesta to get the job done. I'm glad others have noticed that his form is off, I was starting to think it was just me...

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SQUAD LEAVING FOR SIENA
4/16/2005

Carlo Ancelotti has named the following team for the trip to Siena:

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Dei Forti (No.40)

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro, Simic, Stam

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaka, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

FORWARDS: Crespo, Shevchenko, Ardemagni (No.50)
==============================================

I see new faces! Dei Forti and Ardemagni

Forza Milan

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Latest news, Sheva may be couldn't play tonight and that's why Carlo prepare Ardemagni..

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Definitely a must win game! Last week draw vs Bresica we were distracted with the CL game vs Inter. But no more excuse if we draw. Ancelotti said that Kaladzhe will play since one of the defenders must be rested. Good thing that Kaka and Stam will play.

Ambro or Rui Costa in Pirlo's place? I'll go for Ambro since if things don't go well, Milan can bring in Rui to boost the attack.

About Nesta's performance lately, I'll blame it on the injury on his ankle. I read somewhere that it hasn't healed up 100% but he has to play. If Stam was allowed to play vs Brescia, I believe Nesta would be rested and having 38 years-old Costacurta as your partner in central defence doesn't really help at all.

2-0 for Milan. Kaka and Crespo.

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
If Sheva can't play the only choice is to go to a 4 - 5 - 1 formation,which may not be a bad thing I think that's the best option when Pirlo is out anyway.

Reaction score
Pranjic said:
If Sheva can't play the only choice is to go to a 4 - 5 - 1 formation,which may not be a bad thing I think that's the best option when Pirlo is out anyway.
We looked great this way when he was out earlier; plus, it's a way to get Rui on the pitch, and he's been fantastic lately.

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Andriy Shevchenko pulled up during training with a muscular problem today and is a risk for the trip to Siena, adding to a series of injury woes.

“I told him to leave training early as he was struggling with pain in his calf,” explained Coach Carlo Ancelotti.

“I don’t know the extent of the problem, but it was a precautionary measure. We’ll see how his condition develops overnight.”

To lose the Ukrainian would be a heavy blow, as Pippo Inzaghi, Jon Dahl Tomasson and Andrea Pirlo are already out of the squad, forcing them to bring along youth team striker Ardemagni.

“Kakha Kaladze will play, so one of our defenders will have a rest,” revealed the tactician.

“I want to consider our system carefully, especially as Pirlo is out. Manuel Rui Costa could take his place in that deep midfield role, or we could use one striker and two supporting Trequartisti. If Sheva doesn’t recover in time, then that’s our most likely option.”

Milan squad:

Gk: Dida, Fiori, Dei Forti

D: Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro, Simic, Stam

M: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kakà, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

F: Crespo, Shevchenko, Ardemagni

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Dil dil said:
To lose the Ukrainian would be a heavy blow, as Pippo Inzaghi, Jon Dahl Tomasson and Andrea Pirlo are already out of the squad, forcing them to bring along youth team striker Ardemagni.

I bet he's got butterflies in his stomach tonight. He's got a chance to play in Milan's first squad.

I must have missed something. What happened to JDT? :head:

I'm glad that Kaladze will have some playing time though. He's been sitting on the bench for a while now, with Maldini playing in his spot.

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
2-0 by our golden pair sheva and kaka'. milan should not drop points any further!!! anyway can anyone tell me about Ardemagni and Dei Forti?? young players???? finally... :D

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Milansom said:
I see new faces! Dei Forti and Ardemagni
That can't be good!:head: Especially since we have no Pirlo(and probably no Sheva). I just hope for a 1-0 win for Milan.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
GUYS....we must win this one....we need 3 pts...If we win this one it will be strenght to another , showing to Old Slut that we will take her ass out at SanSiro....

FORZA MILAN...

Siena-Milan 1-3 (sheva,sheva,crespo)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pnut408 said:
I must have missed something. What happened to JDT?
My guess is he has been given time-out to reflect on his poor form....... Do you miss him ?

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
SIENA-MILAN: OFFICIAL LINE-UPS
4/17/2005
SIENA: Manninger, Portanova, Mignani, Tudor, Colonnese, Alberto, D’Aversa, Vergassola, Pasquale, Taddei, Chiesa.

MILAN: Dida, Cafu, Stam, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Kaka, Crespo, Shevchenko.

Where's Clarence?

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Somebody knows where to see the game online???

Schedule