Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Damn Fiats? (are the players supplied Fiats?)

We get Audis.. lol

They had a Ferrari bonus for scudetto win 2012, I think. They didn't want to pay it to Elia :lol:

Can't get a sponsor outside their family :lol:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juventus patron John Elkann reveals new Coach Massimiliano Allegri “has always been a Bianconeri fan!”

“He feels profoundly connected to Juventus and confessed to me he has always been a Bianconeri fan!”

I knew it!

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Juventus patron John Elkann reveals new Coach Massimiliano Allegri “has always been a Bianconeri fan!”

“He feels profoundly connected to Juventus and confessed to me he has always been a Bianconeri fan!”

I knew it!

Probably thats why Galliani really liked him... Juve fans in disguise :o

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would explain a lot.. like giving away the Scudetto to Ladri.

Grazie Max :proud:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Allegri and ALL of his fans have eternally been JuBe fans

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
From this...

0f6a1139eb6b5f93133c3531dfb92b4b-1273323248.jpeg

to this...

massimiliano_allegri_milan_scudetto.jpg

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
If there's one thing we can all count on him to do is be incompetent :lol:

Hope that game was foreshadowing of what's to come this season

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we buy a decent forward and a proper mid, and Allegri manages to stay as Juve's coach till February/March... top 3 end of this season could look something like this

Roma
Napoli
Milan

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
If there's one thing we can all count on him to do is be incompetent :lol:

Hope that game was foreshadowing of what's to come this season

The more and more hindsight steps in, the more and more I see that he was a decent tactician that sometimes got it spot on but he was a HORRIBLE leader.

I know that guys like Senatore mock the 'motivation' component of a player's performance but it's a critical ingredient for leaders to achieve a goal. It's not just the 'work rate' type of motivation, but the mental fortitude, the 'belief', the 'buy in' to the plan or the decision to play or not play a certain way or a player. Keeping everyone focused and maintaining the respect of your team as a leader is a huge part of success. Allegri didn't have that. Period. He was no alpha.

With that said, 'incompetent' he is NOT. Specifically on the tactics part. It's almost like he'd make a better assistant coach. eh. whatevs

Last edited:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So this guy was apparently a Juve fan? Yeah, like Balotelli was a Milan fan and Ibra was an Inter fan...

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The more and more hindsight steps in, the more and more I see that he was a decent tactician that sometimes got it spot on but he was a HORRIBLE leader.

I know that guys like Senatore mock the 'motivation' component of a player's performance but it's a critical ingredient for leaders to achieve a goal. It's not just the 'work rate' type of motivation, but the mental fortitude, the 'belief', the 'buy in' to the plan or the decision to play or not play a certain way or a player. Keeping everyone focused and maintaining the respect of your team as a leader is a huge part of success. Allegri didn't have that. Period. He was no alpha.

With that said, 'incompetent' he is NOT. Specifically on the tactics part. It's almost like he'd make a better assistant coach. eh. whatevs
That we can agree on

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

He lost the team eventually but it's unfair to say it was always the case.

I just think people said it way too early. 2012-13 was all motivation. That team played so hard.

More than anything i can't stand arm-chair GMs who want to fire a coach on 1 poor result.

-

My thought on Allegri is he has a taxing style which wears on people after time. These guys can be great managers but aren't usually long term guys. 2-3 year guys

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

+1 on motivation

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I don't quiet understand this abstract term "he was a great tactician".
I don't remember anything great except for maybe that one Barcelona game.

Besides that, his record against big teams spoke for itself. 0 derby wins under Allergy for 3 seasons.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't quiet understand this abstract term "he was a great tactician".
I don't remember anything great except for maybe that one Barcelona game.

Besides that, his record against big teams spoke for itself. 0 derby wins under Allergy for 3 seasons.

Naw. You're forgetting a lot of good things.

The most notable was the switch to the 4-3-3 and the second half run that finished 3rd. allegri earned some credit points there.

If you don't agree. That's fine.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Naw. You're forgetting a lot of good things.

The most notable was the switch to the 4-3-3 and the second half run that finished 3rd. allegri earned some credit points there.

If you don't agree. That's fine.

Thats funny, why are you emphasizing one half of a season over another as if he didnt coach the team for the entire year?

If we were in that form when the season began we could have won the league. Youre patting the guys back for doing his job for 6 month even though he should have been doing that from the beginning.

Its like giving an employee a raise after he slacked off for half his time employed only to start being competent at his job the remaining half.

To add insult to injury, after coming from a motivational high, after this so-called tactical evolution of the 433 and the first summer in years to begin at an earlier time so tactics and fitness are straight, he gets sacked 6 months later.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh dude- the guy earned his sacking...

Allegri hero or villain aren't the only choices here in the opinion scale.

Senatore had it right. He was good/ok/terrible/back to ok/back to terrible

After a few years.. It was just time to move on.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh dude- the guy earned his sacking...

Allegri hero or villain aren't the only choices here in the opinion scale.

Senatore had it right. He was good/ok/terrible/back to ok/back to terrible

After a few years.. It was just time to move on.
No one is saying the the topic of allegri is black and white. But saying he had no weaknesses tactically is simply not true. Not saying he's the worst coach out there, he won two trophies after all so its got to count for something. But hes not the most competent manager tactically in europe is all im sayng

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No one is saying the the topic of allegri is black and white. But saying he had no weaknesses tactically is simply not true. Not saying he's the worst coach out there, he won two trophies after all so its got to count for something. But hes not the most competent manager tactically in europe is all im sayng

He's not as weak over the course of his tenure as people make him out to be.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's not as weak over the course of his tenure as people make him out to be.

Weak enough to have an average champions league campaign, declining annual team table finish and piss poor record against big teams both domestic and abroad,no?

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fuck... Wherever I go, the two of you are bickering.

G, this has to end.

Schedule