Europa League - Group H: Celtic vs AC Milan 22/10/2020 21:00 CET

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Kalulu is fast but not that tough.
Although I would really like to have a CB who is really really fast.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Theo is more valuable than Calabria and should be rested, and Dalot should be tried at LB at some point, might as well be this game. Theo can sub in later if he runs into difficulties.

But Maybe Pioli wants to start the first 11 especially given it's our first EL match and Celtic is the most physical team in the group. Kalulu would get crushed.

$

Calabria Kjaer Roma Dalot

Kessie Tonali

Diaz

Salad Hauge

Leao​

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Rotating should be slowly introduced to our squad.
Its suicidal to both the team & players to start with Dalot , Krunic , Tona , Hauge , Diaz & Leao.

Our new players should be integrated into a working team rather than throwing them all @ once & put pressure on them.

Dalot. kjaer. Roma. Theo.
Kessie.Ben.
Sale.Diaz.Hauge.
Ibra.

Thats a fairly balanced team with a solid core.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Rotating should be slowly introduced to our squad.
Its suicidal to both the team & players to start with Dalot , Krunic , Tona , Hauge , Diaz & Leao.

Our new players should be integrated into a working team rather than throwing them all @ once & put pressure on them.

Dalot. kjaer. Roma. Theo.
Kessie.Ben.
Sale.Diaz.Hauge.
Ibra.

Thats a fairly balanced team with a solid core.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
One of Kessie/Bennacer are definitely gettong rested. Tonali will start

Im personally hoping its Kessie but I think we will need his physicality against Celtic.

Really hoping management are looking into getting another DM in Jan as we need another viable option.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milan’s probable XI vs Celtic

Donnarumma; Calabria/Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Sportmediaset: Leao confirmed for the LW after his good performances. Tonali to start over Bennacer.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Milan?s probable XI vs Celtic

Donnarumma; Calabria/Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Ibrahimovic;

00d82bc544d5ed932d345243002a14d9.jpg

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Can get a nice look at ajer if he plays against us

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Theo is more valuable than Calabria and should be rested, and Dalot should be tried at LB at some point, might as well be this game. Theo can sub in later if he runs into difficulties.

Theo and Calabria are both 23 and weren't called up for any international games. Meaning they got 2 WEEKS of rest. They don't need to be rested after one game. Some of you guys just want to rotate players just for the heck of it. Dalot/Kalulu can be subbed in later on in the game if we have a lead. We can't underestimate Celtic like that.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan?s probable XI vs Celtic

Looks good, no need to make too many changes all at once. With Dalot that's one change in every line. More than enough, especially with 5 subs.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Lets go boyzzz! Goid luck Sandro, Diaz! Lord 11 lead us!

Forza grande Milan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Looks good, no need to make too many changes all at once. With Dalot that's one change in every line. More than enough, especially with 5 subs.

Id rest Ibra. No need for him to travel to Scotland and play in a hostile game.

We have this amazing start to the league... focus on that. Come end of Jan, I want us to be in a position where even if we lose a couple and draw a couple we're still comfortably in top 4.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Id rest Ibra. No need for him to travel to Scotland and play in a hostile game.

We have this amazing start to the league... focus on that. Come end of Jan, I want us to be in a position where even if we lose a couple and draw a couple we're still comfortably in top 4.

You're making Zlatan out to be an old, fragile thing. So what if he travels to Scotland? He already had COVID recently so not much risk of reinfection, and he most definitely won't play a full 90 after the derby exertion.

Ibra needs to play as much as we can have him play. The team is just so much better with him, and the Celtic game is really important.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
You're making Zlatan out to be an old, fragile thing. So what if he travels to Scotland? He already had COVID recently so not much risk of reinfection, and he most definitely won't play a full 90 after the derby exertion.

Ibra needs to play as much as we can have him play. The team is just so much better with him, and the Celtic game is really important.

I agree, even tho I put Leao at CF for Ibra-resting-purposes.

When Ibra has done his job and we lead 2-0 at HT we should give Hauge a chance and push Leao to CF and let him score a few.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
So we might play against Laxalt? :balo:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Celtic and Scottish teams usually rely on direct play, physicality and high tempo. I would keep Calabria here he is good in this kind of set up rather than a slow tactical type of match. If Theo is also fit I would also stick with him. Actually I think the suggested lineup with Diaz for Hakan and Tonali for Bennacer would be the smartest thing to do. We should not under estimate Celtic regardless of their form, they usually up the ante against clubs of Milans stature.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Our best player shouldn?t be benched in our second toughest match in the Europa League group stage ESPECIALLY when we?re missing our key playmaker. He just rested for roughly 3 weeks.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Celtic according to Sky:

Donnarumma; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Tonali, Kessie; Castillejo, Brahim, Krunic; Ibrahimovic

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

Donnarumma; Dalot, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Tonali, Kessie; Castillejo, Brahim, Krunic; Ibrahimovic
Really hope not

I dont see why we would start Krunic when we have two LWs fit. Especially when we are starting Samu too.

I can live with Samu starting as he is the only other RW option we have bar Saelemakers (Brahim too but he is subbing in for Hakan).

If Leao is being rested, this is the perfect game to start Hauge.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Brahim & Ibra for the first time?
Exciting!
I think Pioli is going for a 4-4-2.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Excited to see how we adapt.

It’s so nice to enjoy Milan again.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Release the Hauge

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really hope not

I dont see why we would start Krunic when we have two LWs fit. Especially when we are starting Samu too.

I can live with Samu starting as he is the only other RW option we have bar Saelemakers (Brahim too but he is subbing in for Hakan).

If Leao is being rested, this is the perfect game to start Hauge.

Looks like Krunic might play AM replacing Hakan, with Brahim out wide? Against Inter when Krunic came on he played as the AM but in a much deeper role than Hakan, and Hakan moved to the LW. I think Pioli is repeating this but with Diaz at LW I guess.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Looks like Krunic might play AM replacing Hakan, with Brahim out wide? Against Inter when Krunic came on he played as the AM but in a much deeper role than Hakan, and Hakan moved to the LW. I think Pioli is repeating this but with Diaz at LW I guess.
Hmmm..that makes sense

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yup. This doesn't sound like a bunch that have just sacrificed an unimportant game for a more important one.
https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/t...-thursday-22nd-october-8pm-bt-sport-3.152649/

Jeez..even banter era RnB had higher morale:lol:

Our best player today is their reject.

Fully expecting a pumping, but Europe is just a money spinner until we sort the league out

Haha, didn't know they had Laxalt in their team, and seemingly also their best player last weekend :fp: :lol:

But in the end, no matter what the current form of the teams involved, never, never ever f****ng underestimate your opponent. It will be a hard fought match, but i'm sure milan will come out on top.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I don't understand why Pioli giving castillejo 2nd chance instead of 1st chance for hauge

Schedule